There are 66 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Super Bowl Week: Thoughts one week BEFORE the game...

Originally posted by 80849er4life:
Isaac Sopoaga desevers this just as much as Jennings and Gire......not much love for thisSOLE in the WZ but hes ALWAYS been my favorite player......it will bring TEARS to my eyes WHEN he wins his much DESERVED ring.......GO GET EM SOLE ALOT OF RUN PLAYS THIS WEEKEND MEANING YOULL BE ON THE FIELD!!!!!!!! BRING IT HOME SOLE!!!!!!

You are absolutely correct … Much luv to Sopoaga!!
Originally posted by mattster03:
Originally posted by BadgerHawk:
The flag that Gore picked up during the Ginn TD in that game was bogus. he got flagged for a high low block that really wasn't high. The tackle (Staley) shoved the defender (Suggs) and essentially lost contact before Gore took him out. That TD changes the whole complexion of that game.

Agreed. Just re-watching this game yesterday... horrible call

I think that type of block was a point of emphasis to the refs last year from the NFL. Frank got flagged for that more than once but hasn't gotten it this year. This game is scaring me less and less by the day. I think the Ravens bubble will burst. Here's why. They were one really bad blown coverage away from losing to Denver and then they beat up a demoralized team with an injury depleted secondary in New England. Now they get to play a team that should scare them to beat no end. Offensively you can point out multiple ways that the Niners can attack them. I've heard all these analyst for the last week say, "If you take this away...", well they can't take it all away on every single play. Something will be there every play because they simply don't man up as well as even the Seachickens would. On defense press the receivers and get some pressure and Flacco will go Succo. Tired of all the hype and what ifs.
Marvin, I love the points you bring up because they are things I seem to note as well and you do an even better job of explaining them.

I agree/hope with you assessment of Aldon. I noticed the Falcons got the ball out quick A LOT. Baltimore runs deep routes that take time to develop. That could give us more time to get to the QB.
Originally posted by almondJoy:
Originally posted by 80849er4life:
Isaac Sopoaga desevers this just as much as Jennings and Gire......not much love for thisSOLE in the WZ but hes ALWAYS been my favorite player......it will bring TEARS to my eyes WHEN he wins his much DESERVED ring.......GO GET EM SOLE ALOT OF RUN PLAYS THIS WEEKEND MEANING YOULL BE ON THE FIELD!!!!!!!! BRING IT HOME SOLE!!!!!!

You are absolutely correct … Much luv to Sopoaga!!

I agree with you. His job isn't t make plays. His job is to help Bowman and Willis do that. 3-4 nose guys are 2 gap space eaters. They occupy blockers so others can make plays like Cowboy helps out Aldon. But Soap does it so that two guys can do their job. Not just one. Is he as good as Vince Wilfork? No, but everyone knows who Bowman and Willis are.
[ Edited by BadgerHawk on Jan 28, 2013 at 3:17 PM ]
At the start of the season I loved us being talked about all the time . Comin of age.

Love the 49ers visa comercials and the bud light one with the guy adjusting the couch ,with the nice as%$^%$ in the back ground !

I WANT US TO BE 6 and 0 !!!!

That is my dream

I dont care how many bandwagoneers there are and how many people dust off their old gear.......when we win.

I just want us to be FEARED EXCELLENCE
[ Edited by redrazer45 on Jan 28, 2013 at 5:15 PM ]
When the 49ers last won the SB, I was 17 and though I loved the 49ers just as much then as I do now, there were more significant things on my mind back then, like how to score with the ladies. Now, with all that there is to read on the internet and forums and sports channels dedicated to covering football, I am immersed in the pre-game talk and it makes me think about the game 24/7. Its got me more nervous about a football game than I have ever been. The anxiety is a very nervous energy and I CAN'T WAIT!!!

If the 49ers front four can apply pressure on Flacco, the game will be won. Simple as that imo.