LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 281 users in the forums

Welcome Raven Fans: A gentleman/woman's thread...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by i82much:
Originally posted by Joecool:
The biggest difference I have noticed about Flacco since the OC switch has been his tendency to try and extend plays. With his arm, he's able to throw from some unconventional positions. He's not very mobile but he understands when to move and it has REALLY helped you guys.

So, you have a rookie LG? Let's hope McKinny can take on Aldon Smith one on one because your rookie WILL need help vs Justin Smith. We may even move Aldon to go against Oher.

Yeah KO is a rookie, he's done pretty well! Was actually playing right tackle for most of the year. It's hard to say the line is "solid" because there's a freakin' 3 game sample size, but things look much better. Some of that is Caldwell as well, getting Flacco doing some different things, shorter drops, some designed movement.

This game should be something else. I know we got you guys last year but it is such a different team, obviously the offense is a very, very different thing with K (I'm not spelling it) under center. Everyone talks about how fast he is but sheesh it looks to me like he's got a rifle too.

You can just spell it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5PsGReKLho

"Runnin', Passin', the pistol's in fashion"
I don't have a favorite team after the 49ers, but if I did, it'd be the Ravens. Very glad that we're playing the Ravens and not the Patriots. Good luck to the Ravens, but go 49ers!
I've liked the Ravens for years as they seem to always have a top ASU player (Todd Heap then Suggs).

But sorry Ravens, I want Niners to have all the good luck.
Ravens are one of the few teams that I've never really had any kind of hatred for. But with that said, I do detest Ray Lewis...great football player, but a fake a** human being, his dance is moronic, and before he utters another word about God, redemption, etc. he should tell what happened to his white suit.
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Time to pass the torch...one 52 to the next

agreed, get ready B-more.
I guess it just kind of hit me that we're looking at a couple of big-arm, small-school quarterbacks. What do you guys think, is Kaep the future of the NFL QB or will traditional pocket passers like Flacco continue to be viable?

Guys with the skill set Kaep has are usually once in a generation type talents, once in a lifetime type talents. It just so happens over the past couple years there has been an influx of mobile strong armed quarterbacks. The reason why Kaep will suceed is he has elite level accuracy and arm strength. The classic pocket passers will continue to be viable because there will always be more guys who can't run like Kaep, but have that elite level arm.
  • mod
  • Veteran
I guess it just kind of hit me that we're looking at a couple of big-arm, small-school quarterbacks. What do you guys think, is Kaep the future of the NFL QB or will traditional pocket passers like Flacco continue to be viable?

It'll be a combination of both... Pocket passers arent going anywhere... QB's like Kaep are way more versatile but finding one that has the throwing ability of an elite pocket passer is difficult... many times its not developed because they rely to heavily on the run and avoid difficult throws/reads etc.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
I have a lot of respect for the Ravens, more so than any other NFL team not named 49ers.

I feel this way too. I have a ton of respect for Ozzie. Really like John Harbaugh a lot. Dig Ray Rice. Am a Ngata fan.

The silver lining in facing the Ravens is if the Niners lose, at least they lose to a team I really respect and like.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
He also has the most road playoff wins EVER . So no, he's not overrated. He's not in Rodgers, Brady, or Manning class, but he's not that far off. And he really does have a cannon. Big enough that its probably more worth it for them to throw it up on 3rd and long (i.e. long punts).

He has the most road playoff wins, with a huge sign next to them pointing to ray rice.
I'm from Baltimore and have been a 49ers fan my whole life. So you know what type of comments I've been hearing since Sunday night. Smh, I swear I want to like the Ravens but a lot of their fans (usually the ones that come out in their Jamal Lewis jerseys every time the Ravens make the playoffs) have the most unrealistic view of their team. And I have heard it all already "We beat y'all last year so we can do it again this year" and "God loves Ray Lewis so I know we'll win." I have like 12 more days of this nonsense to go

I have always had a lot of respect from the Ravens. I grew up in Miami and the fact that they seemed to draft so many players out of the U first drew my attention to them. Then the connections to the 49ers are obvious. I also like the style of football they play on both sides of the ball. With that said, the best D of the last 10 + years passes the torch to hopefully the best D of the next 10 + years with a victory by the 49ers .

It's nice if a quarterback can run, like Steve Young, but it's only a bonus, not a requirement.

For example, it's nice to have great special teams. It helps win games; but do you HAVE to have great special teams to win? Not really. Just like you don't HAVE to have a quarterback with great running ability.
Originally posted by goldstandard333:

Guys with the skill set Kaep has are usually once in a generation type talents, once in a lifetime type talents. It just so happens over the past couple years there has been an influx of mobile strong armed quarterbacks. The reason why Kaep will suceed is he has elite level accuracy and arm strength. The classic pocket passers will continue to be viable because there will always be more guys who can't run like Kaep, but have that elite level arm.

Kap is great because of what he does from the pocket. All the running stuff is just a bonus. Kap would still be very very good even if he didn't have that.
Flacco always looks good when I happen to watch him. Not to be overlooked at all.

Don't like Lewis and although I also don't like it when when a player is the one goat in a loss, it wouldn't bother me in this case if Lewis was put into single coverage on our tight ends and was beaten time and time again, and to see him pancaked a few times as well. Then he will say the heavens ordained the loss...
One thing about Flacco- he hasn't missed a snap in five years. And when you play the Steelers two, sometimes three times a season, that's saying something. QB's like Kaep worry me, as they run a higher risk of injury.
Share 49ersWebzone