LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 273 users in the forums

Welcome Raven Fans: A gentleman/woman's thread...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • pd24
  • Veteran
I always pull for the Ravens also. We have had so many connections with Nolan, and then Sing. Now the 2 coaches are brothers. Hope the Niners win and the Ravens stay injury free.
Originally posted by i82much:
Hey - sweet! I'm a Ravens fan. When I was a young buck I was a *huge* Montana fan, followed him to Kansas City but still kind of pulled for Steve Young too. Actually started a thread on the Ravens board a few months ago on how I'd take Steve Young over any active QB, I really meant it. Montana is the GOAT and there is no room for discussion.

Anyway ...

1) Rooted for SF. I just like defensive football teams. Knowing the Ravens were going to win wouldn't affect my choice there.
2) Bryant McKinnie. Flacco looks so much better with a real left tackle. Oher isn't bad at right tackle, but he needs to be kept far, far away from the "blind side."
3) Seen a little of it but don't watch much TV, except football.

Young is my favorite player of all time. But he's like 51 now!!! I mean he can probably still toss a decent ball, but I'd be worried if he can still take a hit. Doubt he'd even get cleared these days after all his concussions. jk ;-)

Is there any position more underrated than the left tackle!? Man, that's the truth. The quite reason the Niners turned the franchise around is their devotion to building up the O line in the draft.

McKinnie will have his hands full with Justin Smith though!
[ Edited by stillpans4gold on Jan 22, 2013 at 3:40 PM ]
If there's anyone that's overrated it's Footsteps Flacco. The guy throws a few deep balls into blown coverage and the whole country starts fawning over alex smith's dark haired brother.
Originally posted by xtm059:
If there's anyone that's overrated it's Footsteps Flacco. The guy throws a few deep balls into blown coverage and the whole country starts fawning over alex smith's dark haired brother.

He also has the most road playoff wins EVER . So no, he's not overrated. He's not in Rodgers, Brady, or Manning class, but he's not that far off. And he really does have a cannon. Big enough that its probably more worth it for them to throw it up on 3rd and long (i.e. long punts).
i would just like to say we will destroy the ravens, ray lewis is fake ass fire and brimstone preacher in football gear, raven's in general are stupid birds, the color purple reminds me of whoopy goldberg, terrell suggs is the ugliest mofo on the planet and our harbaugh can probably beat up your harbaugh in a fist fight. i mean that with all due respect lol. welcome to the board ravens fans, have some fun in here, WE'RE IN THE SUPERBOWL!!! but i hope were the ones happy after next sunday not you guys lol
Originally posted by stillpans4gold:
Young is my favorite player of all time. But he's like 51 now!!! I mean he can probably still toss a decent ball, but I'd be worried if he can still take a hit. Doubt he'd even get cleared these days after all his concussions. jk ;-)

Is there any position more underrated than the left tackle!? Man, that's the truth. The quite reason the Niners turned the franchise around is their devotion to building up the O line in the draft.

Yeah it's crazy what a left tackle can do. I think one thing McKinnie is good at is not getting beat to the inside, at least disrupt the line to the QB and give a little time to throw. And - who knew - Flacco is actually pretty good at stepping up in the pocket in the face of pressure. I don't think his peripheral vision is the greatest, and he's been susceptible to strip sacks, but he can make things happen under pressure as long as he sees the pressure coming.

It will be interesting to see how the Ravens line up, whether they decide to focus on protection or try to spread you guys out more. Sometimes those shorter drops can help because not only do you get the ball out quicker, but you don't have the QB standing in the same spot every drop back. I don't think we can reasonably expect to keep a clean pocket all game, but hopefully minimize the turnovers/sacks and give the receivers the chance to make some plays.
Originally posted by stillpans4gold:

Yeah it's crazy what a left tackle can do. I think one thing McKinnie is good at is not getting beat to the inside, at least disrupt the line to the QB and give a little time to throw. And - who knew - Flacco is actually pretty good at stepping up in the pocket in the face of pressure. I don't think his peripheral vision is the greatest, and he's been susceptible to strip sacks, but he can make things happen under pressure as long as he sees the pressure coming.

It will be interesting to see how the Ravens line up, whether they decide to focus on protection or try to spread you guys out more. Sometimes those shorter drops can help because not only do you get the ball out quicker, but you don't have the QB standing in the same spot every drop back. I don't think we can reasonably expect to keep a clean pocket all game, but hopefully minimize the turnovers/sacks and give the receivers the chance to make some plays.

The biggest difference I have noticed about Flacco since the OC switch has been his tendency to try and extend plays. With his arm, he's able to throw from some unconventional positions. He's not very mobile but he understands when to move and it has REALLY helped you guys.

So, you have a rookie LG? Let's hope McKinny can take on Aldon Smith one on one because your rookie WILL need help vs Justin Smith. We may even move Aldon to go against Oher.
And I'll tell you something else - Steve Young at age 97 can stay on his feet after running into a freaking official. Unlike a certain recently-vanquished NFL quarterback :)
Originally posted by Joecool:
The biggest difference I have noticed about Flacco since the OC switch has been his tendency to try and extend plays. With his arm, he's able to throw from some unconventional positions. He's not very mobile but he understands when to move and it has REALLY helped you guys.

So, you have a rookie LG? Let's hope McKinny can take on Aldon Smith one on one because your rookie WILL need help vs Justin Smith. We may even move Aldon to go against Oher.

Yeah KO is a rookie, he's done pretty well! Was actually playing right tackle for most of the year. It's hard to say the line is "solid" because there's a freakin' 3 game sample size, but things look much better. Some of that is Caldwell as well, getting Flacco doing some different things, shorter drops, some designed movement.

This game should be something else. I know we got you guys last year but it is such a different team, obviously the offense is a very, very different thing with K (I'm not spelling it) under center. Everyone talks about how fast he is but sheesh it looks to me like he's got a rifle too.
And I'll tell you something else - Steve Young at age 97 can stay on his feet after running into a freaking official. Unlike a certain recently-vanquished NFL quarterback :)

Lmao that was almost a hilarious as the fans who came up with conspiracy ideas on that play. Another thing about Young he has more class then to go ndomikan suh and kick players from the opposite team all while hes 100% protected by the rules of the nfl

Originally posted by Joecool:

Yeah KO is a rookie, he's done pretty well! Was actually playing right tackle for most of the year. It's hard to say the line is "solid" because there's a freakin' 3 game sample size, but things look much better. Some of that is Caldwell as well, getting Flacco doing some different things, shorter drops, some designed movement.

This game should be something else. I know we got you guys last year but it is such a different team, obviously the offense is a very, very different thing with K (I'm not spelling it) under center. Everyone talks about how fast he is but sheesh it looks to me like he's got a rifle too.

It's not just a rifle, it is insanely accurate. Yeah, last year was totally different. We had targets open vs you guys but Alex isn't the type of QB to try and squeeze the ball in there unless there is no other option and a loss is the result if he doesn't. As does Flacco, Kaep demands your DB's to literally stick to the receivers like glue and even then, he will squeeze the ball in there.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
I have a lot of respect for the Ravens, more so than any other NFL team not named 49ers.

in our dark ages and I had no one to cheer for in the playoffs since my beloved niners didnt make it, I usually pulled for the ravens... This year though no dice, Ravens are going down! Going to be an awesome game regardless
First and foremost i bleed red and gold! but i don't hate the Ravens. I only live a hour and a half away from Baltimore. My family and I really enjoy going there. And they hate the sqeelers as much as i do! Lol
Ravens have always been my most hated afc team. I don't like ray Lewis. Suggs has a big mouth and tries to be a bully but still acts like they're super underdogs in every game. Flacco is being super over rated now, Boldin won't belong on the field against us, and ray rice I like, especially when we stopped him at the goaline like three times.
I guess it just kind of hit me that we're looking at a couple of big-arm, small-school quarterbacks. What do you guys think, is Kaep the future of the NFL QB or will traditional pocket passers like Flacco continue to be viable?
Share 49ersWebzone