There are 134 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Is our offence gonna be remembered?

Originally posted by Niners99:
IF we win, this SB will be remembered as the Kaepernick Super Bowl. I actually think the defense will be what is ignored.

Ultimately Kaep is going to determine who wins this game. If he can keep the Ravens D on the field all day, I think he can tire the old guys out.

Just depends on how the game plays out. If our defense steps up and shuts down the Ravens in a low scoring game I doubt they will be ignored. It would be hard to do that given the # of Pro Bowlers on that side of the ball. I do agree though that if the game is like yesterday it will go down the way you suggest.
can we win a SB or two before we talk about being remembered? noone remembers the SB losers....unless ur the Bills
  • Envy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Garcia:
offense.

Is not the correct spelling....
  • MarkD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by FGore2121:
but not executed like the 49ers hae executed it. No team has brought it into the Super Bowl

West Coast offense was around for years too but Bill Walsh made it what it is

Yikes!

Retraction requested here amigo. Bill Walsh invented and perfected the WCO when he was with the Bengals starting in '66. Obviously a lot of other offensive ideas were incorporated by Bill into his schemes and designs, but it was his pregnancy. And he delivered the child in 1980. The WCO was absolutely NOT the short passing game 5 yard dump off to the RB's that everyone else thought it was when it first emerged. So I am not sure what else you might be calling the "WCO" that had "been around for years." BW obviously used ongoing ideas to run the Virgil Carter/Ken Anderson offenses at Cinci. Is that what you mean by "been around for years"? Well, it was Bill designing calling the plays. The WCO was pretty much Bill, from my readings.

Unless some one has other data ....?
[ Edited by brodiebluebanaszak on Jan 21, 2013 at 2:13 PM ]
I think to complete the circle we need to win the SB first. The O is definitely special but I think we need to play more of a traditional offense to win the SB and our passing defense needs to show up BIG TIME.

I didn't know the 46 was an offense...
The only way I see this year's offense being remembered is if the "Pistol Offense" takes off and really becomes the type the offense that other teams will use successfully for many NFL years to come.
Originally posted by smithc28:
Ok so we haven't won the Superbowl yet and there are no guarantees but this offense just reminds of the Bears Defense in 85.

New system in NFL, no-one knows how to play it yet, every time you stop the offense doing one thing in pops another threat that'll score on you this way. Whether its Kap, Gore, Vernon, Crabtree, Walker, Moss, Lamike. Any of these guys can make a big play. Then you have O-line that are playing out of the skins too. This offense has taken a rookie quarterback and he's outscored Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers and Matt Ryan, 3 of the best QB's in the NFL.

So what I'm saying is are other teams gonna be talking about this Offense in 25 years if we win? Is this something we should greatly appreciate now and realise what we are witnessing? Or am I just letting the excitement get to me.

i stopped reading @ that
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Yikes!

Retraction requested here amigo. Bill Walsh invented and perfected the WCO when he was with the Bengals starting in '66. Obviously a lot of other offensive ideas were incorporated by Bill into his schemes and designs, but it was his pregnancy. And he delivered the child in 1980. The WCO was absolutely NOT the short passing game 5 yard dump off to the RB's that everyone else thought it was when it first emerged. So I am not sure what else you might be calling the "WCO" that had "been around for years." BW obviously used ongoing ideas to run the Virgil Carter/Ken Anderson offenses at Cinci. Is that what you mean by "been around for years"? Well, it was Bill designing calling the plays. The WCO was pretty much Bill, from my readings.

Unless some one has other data ....?

the "wco" the bill's k-gun and turners digit offense are all from the same family...

all timing based passing attacks....its no wonder the coaches all worked in the same areas together...

the WCO existed before it was called the WCO