There are 107 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Was Eddie D proud or pissed at the end of the game

  • fip24
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 765
I thought Eddie looked ripped. Maybe he hit was working over jack and cokes all day. Can you blame him? I was stressed out and I don't own the team (not yet anyway).
He was holding back his tears.

One way to do that is to revert back to his gangster mafia days.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Did any one catch Denise asking Gore to 'give mama a kiss'. Like Gore is her son. I think Denise has a big heart too like Eddie.

that creeped me the hell out
Eddie D will always be part of Ninerbrass and he knows it. You dont think Jed goes to him for advice ? He's pretty much a silent partner in all this, and Im sure he was just as happy as everyone else for this victory. A lot of ppl, including fans / mgmt / players, have been waiting almost 2 decades to get back to this point. It was emotional for a lot of us, and Eddie seemed to be holding back tears. No remorse whatsoever.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

The torch has been passed...

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/San-Francisco-49ers-Eddie-DeBartolo-Denise-Bartolo-Jed-York-012013And

Eddie D? Always emotional and prone to grandiose gestures, DeBartolo huddled with Jed privately on Saturday night in Atlanta. He had some important things he needed to pass on to his nephew.

1. A pair of gold, football-shaped cufflinks, a gift originally given to Eddie in 1981 — the season the Joe Montana-led team beat Cincinnati in Super Bowl XVI. Those cufflinks came from the 49ers' founding family, the Morabitos.

"Think of that connection, that tradition," Jed said, showing them off with pride. "These are just amazing."

2. An 8x10 framed photo Eddie has kept on his wall since that inaugural Super Bowl run. In it, five-year-old Jed is standing alongside Eddie DeBartolo Sr. Jed is holding a sign.

"Dear Uncle Eddie, We love you. Congratulations and we love the 49ers."

"It's been on my wall 30 years. My dad and Jed are in that picture," said DeBartolo, choking back his own tears. "And I gave it to Jed, and I put my own note with it.

Eddie's note read, "Dear Jed, Now it's your turn. Love, Uncle Eddie"

With that, Eddie began to cry.


Posted this in the SB Gameday thread:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/San-Francisco-49ers-Eddie-DeBartolo-Denise-Bartolo-Jed-York-012013

And Eddie D? Always emotional and prone to grandiose gestures, DeBartolo huddled with Jed privately on Saturday night in Atlanta. He had some important things he needed to pass on to his nephew.

1. A pair of gold, football-shaped cufflinks, a gift originally given to Eddie in 1981 — the season the Joe Montana-led team beat Cincinnati in Super Bowl XVI. Those cufflinks came from the 49ers' founding family, the Morabitos.

"Think of that connection, that tradition," Jed said, showing them off with pride. "These are just amazing."

2. An 8x10 framed photo Eddie has kept on his wall since that inaugural Super Bowl run. In it, five-year-old Jed is standing alongside Eddie DeBartolo Sr. Jed is holding a sign.

"Dear Uncle Eddie, We love you. Congratulations and we love the 49ers."

"It's been on my wall 30 years. My dad and Jed are in that picture," said DeBartolo, choking back his own tears. "And I gave it to Jed, and I put my own note with it.

Eddie's note read, "Dear Jed, Now it's your turn. Love, Uncle Eddie"

With that, Eddie began to cry.


Omfg is this a joke thread?
sorry snake, (beat you by 30 secs!) but i did give you credit at least
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
sorry snake, (beat you by 30 secs!) but i did give you credit at least

Take off your pants!!! ...NOW...
If he was angry, he wouldnt have been there.
Originally posted by HudsonValley:
Eddie D will always be part of Ninerbrass and he knows it. You dont think Jed goes to him for advice ? He's pretty much a silent partner in all this, and Im sure he was just as happy as everyone else for this victory. A lot of ppl, including fans / mgmt / players, have been waiting almost 2 decades to get back to this point. It was emotional for a lot of us, and Eddie seemed to be holding back tears. No remorse whatsoever.

Well said!
He was pissed off for greatness!
He was proud. Very very proud.
  • AZ9er
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6,553
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Posted this in the SB Gameday thread:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/San-Francisco-49ers-Eddie-DeBartolo-Denise-Bartolo-Jed-York-012013

And Eddie D? Always emotional and prone to grandiose gestures, DeBartolo huddled with Jed privately on Saturday night in Atlanta. He had some important things he needed to pass on to his nephew.

1. A pair of gold, football-shaped cufflinks, a gift originally given to Eddie in 1981 — the season the Joe Montana-led team beat Cincinnati in Super Bowl XVI. Those cufflinks came from the 49ers' founding family, the Morabitos.

"Think of that connection, that tradition," Jed said, showing them off with pride. "These are just amazing."

2. An 8x10 framed photo Eddie has kept on his wall since that inaugural Super Bowl run. In it, five-year-old Jed is standing alongside Eddie DeBartolo Sr. Jed is holding a sign.

"Dear Uncle Eddie, We love you. Congratulations and we love the 49ers."

"It's been on my wall 30 years. My dad and Jed are in that picture," said DeBartolo, choking back his own tears. "And I gave it to Jed, and I put my own note with it.

Eddie's note read, "Dear Jed, Now it's your turn. Love, Uncle Eddie"

With that, Eddie began to cry.


I would love to see that pic
Originally posted by Dshearn:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Did any one catch Denise asking Gore to 'give mama a kiss'. Like Gore is her son. I think Denise has a big heart too like Eddie.

that creeped me the hell out

I missed heard that the first time through all the commotion. She actually said 'you did it for mama'. Gore's mom.
...