There are 100 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Akers : any other options for the superbowl ?

wear glasses that make the goal posts look 5 feet more to the right than they actually are.
Put on some loud earphones with screaming fans and voices telling him he sucks.....and practice with those the next 2 weeks.
Got to ride with the team that you have. This isn't the time to be making roster adds/cuts.
Let's see...69% FG in regular season, 50% FG in playoffs. One decision I'll never understand about Harbaugh, sticking with a kicker struggling as bad as Akers.

If Akers continues this poor performance in the SB and costs us the game, riots will break out in SF.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by niners94:
Originally posted by jimrat:
Originally posted by Jcool:
<blockquote class="quote"><div>Quote:</div> Matt Maiocco &#8207;@MaioccoCSN

In case you're wondering, 49ers can't recall K Billy Cundiff for Super Bowl after waiving him on Friday. David Akers is their man.

Good god !

He's going to Scott Norwood us. f**k.

That was a 47 yarder outside on grass, that is probably a little less than a 50-50 chance with the average NFL kicker. Don't know why the guy is flamed so bad for the miss.
A one legged blind man...
who was that one CFL kicker we tried out? give him a shot. mentally speaking, prolly more confident than Akers. Akers body language is just bad, no belief in himself.
  • Shemp
  • Veteran
I remember one year there was a team who wouldn't go for the kick in a few critical games because of no confidence in the kicker. The Pats if I'm not mistaken. I think we need to do the same. All Akers is good for is kicks 30 yards or less. Anything more than that and we go for 6 points from now on is my take. Things change quickly in the NFL. Akers is now possibly the worst kicker in the league. Awful timing. At least he's good on kickoffs. Let's give him credit for nailing those yesterday.
[ Edited by Shaj on Jan 21, 2013 at 8:54 AM ]
Originally posted by Five4Five:
Bring back Cundiff.

Nobody is worse than Akers right now. Nobody.

Ravens fans would welcome that move.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Take a page from pitching coaches in baseball. If you keep missing up, aim low, and the ball will hit the strike zone.

He keeps hooking the ball, so try and compensate the other way. Who knows. Hopefully the SB doesnt come down to a FG, because were screwed. Is it too late to add Cundiff back?

No, it's not too late. Harbaugh I don't think has any choice, but to bring him back. Akers' confidence is just shot.

Nope. The cannot bring back Cundiff
http://www.ninersnation.com/2013/1/21/3898540/super-bowl-2013-49ers-kicker-david-akers-billy-cundiff-roster
  • BobS
  • Veteran
I am almost waiting for him to start missing extra points.
i say just go for it on 4th down.

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BobS:
I am almost waiting for him to start missing extra points.

he kicks it out of the end zone all day and misses a chip shot. i am done with him, lets just get through the next game without it coming down to him, then cut him , get a rookie, maybe bring a vet in to compete and start anew. its one thing to have num nuts cost us two rams games but now you are talking about the most important game a team will ever play
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
i say just go for it on 4th down.

any more than a 40 yard field goal, u know Harbaugh's going for it.