LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 291 users in the forums

Akers : any other options for the superbowl ?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jcool:
Quote:
Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN

In case you're wondering, 49ers can't recall K Billy Cundiff for Super Bowl after waiving him on Friday. David Akers is their man.

Good god !
he has two weeks to get his head straight. it worked last week against GB, hopefully it will work again!
Originally posted by jimrat:
<blockquote class="quote"><div>Quote:</div> Matt Maiocco &#8207;@MaioccoCSN

In case you're wondering, 49ers can't recall K Billy Cundiff for Super Bowl after waiving him on Friday. David Akers is their man.

Good god !
They can't resign Cundiff, but can sign someone else. At this point I would take Jose Cortez.
i would cry if we lose the sb because of akers when we shouldve cut him months ago
Why can't a punter kick? I have ponderd this question for a long time for instance in emergency situations why does soap have to be the emergency kicker
I look at it this way... Akers had double hernia surgery, obviously he has not healed from that (not to mention he is old as hell). I think we keep him on the roster out of respect and let him do kick offs and xps, but I'd rather trust Cundiff on the longer field goals. I think that surgery took the last out of Ake.
Akers must pratice to kick the ball for two or 3 hours a day and all week cuz ready serious to Super Bowl Championship! He must must practice to kick the ball!!
I think they will stick with Akers although I do think they bring in guys this week. Neil Rackers or John Kasay perhaps?
[ Edited by Ninerjohn on Jan 20, 2013 at 8:58 PM ]
Originally posted by jimrat:
<blockquote class="quote"><div>Quote:</div> Matt Maiocco &#8207;@MaioccoCSN

Good god !
He's going to Scott Norwood us. f**k.
Draft a kicker?

Originally posted by smithgdwg:
Draft a kicker?

Of course. Thats a given
I really hope the Super Bowl doesn't come down to a kick. Wow....
While I do think the Ravens defense is somewhat overrated, I could see this game being very physical and hard-fought, and coming down to a lot of field goals. The prospect of that scares me, given how unreliable Akers is...
  • Pick6
  • Veteran
nope... who? one positive imo is it forces the off to be more aggressive,cant count on him 40+
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Keep him...it will motivate the team to not settle for FGs.
Share 49ersWebzone