There are 104 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Akers : any other options for the superbowl ?

• Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Call Morton Anderson

He is 52....

still a better option....we know he can kick in a dome

Didn't he miss a 30 yard FG in last game of the 1996 season against Jacksonville that got them into the playoffs?
Call Morton Anderson

He is 52....

Didn't he miss a 30 yard FG in last game of the 1996 season against Jacksonville that got them into the playoffs?

lol I have no idea
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Call Morton Anderson

He is 52....

lol I have no idea

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/965387-most-devastating-missed-fg-in-the-history-of-every-nfl-franchise/page/3
f**k it. Sign Justin Medlock. He kicked 7 of 10 for the Panthers this year. He's left footed and he's better than Akers at this point.
Originally posted by jrg:
Just got for it on 4th lol

This is probably the best option. Cunfiff is awful too.
Akers is a piece of sh*t.
I just hate the thought of the SB on the line and needing Akers to make a FG. I lost all confidence in Akers about 6 weeks ago. I can't imagine that any of the players or coaching staff feel differently.

Akers has to go.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
This guy has to go, his confidence is mush, he looked like he was gonna breakdown on the sideline.
he's damaged goods. No confidence in himself. Useless now. I'd rather see Andy Lee out there giving it a go.
Originally posted by bigmike55:
Akers is a piece of sh*t.

I have one more post than you
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
I have one more post than you

Now we're tied. something Akers couldn't do today.
Ill do it.
I said 3 weeks ago, just get closer. If we don't make it on 4th down, then so be it. But if we do , we have a very good chance of getting 7 pts, not 3. Get as close as a PAT, and let akers kick from there. It calls for a different coaching mentality, but I am in favor of that anyway. We kicked way too many FGs last yr and start of this one. I am a lot happier on the 40 yd line on in, go for it. If impossible, then punt. But going for it on 4th down is a really good idea if your FG kicker has the yips.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN

In case you're wondering, 49ers can't recall K Billy Cundiff for Super Bowl after waiving him on Friday. David Akers is their man.
couldn't we have andy drop kick in our FG situations?

https