LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 253 users in the forums

Akers : any other options for the superbowl ?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by jreff22:
If we can bench players who were doing well we should be able to bench a guy who sucks every game

I dont disagree as long as there are better options. When we benched players who were doing well, the Niners had far better options coming off the bench. I dont know who the far better kicking options are at this point.
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Akers needs to go. This is pathetic.

If there was anyone better? He'd be on the team already. Harbaugh doesn't stick with players out of loyalty. One look at what he did with Alex Smith and CK7 should tell you as much.

FACT: We brought in Cundiff to compete with Akers. FACT: Akers won the competition. Cundiff got cut.

I don't see Harbaugh making any changes, though Akers is CLEARLY a major liability.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by mcbaes72:
Let's see...69% FG in regular season, 50% FG in playoffs. One decision I'll never understand about Harbaugh, sticking with a kicker struggling as bad as Akers.

If Akers continues this poor performance in the SB and costs us the game, riots will break out in SF.
at the risk of being critical to the head coach,, why he messed around with this since he cost us the first rams loss is beyond me when kaeding was out there for the taking

You ever see Kaeding kick under pressure in the playoffs? Do you know how many playoff games he cost the Chargers?

Nuff said
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Akers needs to go. This is pathetic.

If there was anyone better? He'd be on the team already. Harbaugh doesn't stick with players out of loyalty. One look at what he did with Alex Smith and CK7 should tell you as much.

FACT: We brought in Cundiff to compete with Akers. FACT: Akers won the competition. Cundiff got cut.

I don't see Harbaugh making any changes, though Akers is CLEARLY a major liability.

Reminds me of a very old cartoon, World War 1 vintage. Two soldiers are stuck in a small dugout under fire. One has obviously been moaning. In the cartoon, the other one says: "If you know of a better 'ole, go to it."

Right now, its Akers.
Just one more game.

Maybe hypnosis would help?
Nope, this just changes the way Coach H has to coach. Now from the 40 yd line on in, if it is 4th and 4, we gotta go for it. Once inside the 15( i think) we are ok. But 40 yarders are out, 30 yarders are out, and let's hope Akers can kick from inside the 15 like it was a PAT. Whatever, we have to find out from which yard line he is money, and then coach around that. THAT is our option...our only one, and it involves Coaching decisions....decisions that don't let akers kick outside the 15 ( or whatever they figure it is.)
Originally posted by NinerJedi:
What is Akers' range now? 30 yards?

LOL no it's 16yds ... Knowing that the smallest FG is 17 yds of course
Originally posted by sfninerfanMax:
wear glasses that make the goal posts look 5 feet more to the right than they actually are.

Could it be the way Lee is holding the ball? Maybe if he held the ball perfectly straight, and not slanting left slightly, it would help.
Jeff Wilkins

Originally posted by 49Fever:
Originally posted by NinerJedi:
What is Akers' range now? 30 yards?

LOL no it's 16yds ... Knowing that the smallest FG is 17 yds of course

but then there's the risk of it getting blocked and returned for a TD.
What I'm talking about. If you watch the video, the inital trajectory of the ball looks good, but it hooks left towards the end. I don't think this would be the case if Andy Lee held it more perpendicular.

I heard Sopoaga can kick you know from his rugby days...
Just use him for kickoffs. Go for it on 4th down instead of kicking FG
This is the same guy that tied the record in the first game of the year.

WE HAVE TO STOP LETTING THE OTHER TEAMS GUYS GET INTO HIS HEAD BEFORE THE DAMN KICK.
Share 49ersWebzone