There are 322 users in the forums

1994 throwback uniforms

Shop Find 49ers gear online
How many games did we wear them that season? I was 8, so i dont remember a ton from that year besides the SB.

Did we ever lose in them? Our only losses were @KC, vs. PHI, and @MIN. I know the KC and PHI games were regular uniforms. Did we wear the throwbacks @MIN week 17?

Wasnt there some sort of superstition that year, and thats why we ended up wearing them almost every week?

I think we may see those throwbacks make a 20th anniversary comeback in 2014, which would be awesome.

[ Edited by Niners99 on Jan 20, 2013 at 10:07 AM ]
We started wearing them in Week 3 because that was the week the entire league wore throwbacks for the NFL's 75th Anniversary. We were 1-1 in Weeks 1-2. They were worn again in Week 4 (Deion's INT against Saints), but the regular uniforms were worn in Week 5 in the loss to the Eagles. Siefert being the superstitious guy he was had them wear them the rest of the year.

So, including playoffs, they were 15-1 with the throwbacks and 1-2 without them.
[ Edited by captveg on Aug 13, 2014 at 12:25 PM ]
I used to like them back then but now think that are awful looking with that lighter colored red.
  • Envy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by taney71:
I used to like them back then but now think that are awful looking with that lighter colored red.

They would have to be tweaked but I loved them myself. The white really stands out.
Originally posted by Envy:

They would have to be tweaked but I loved them myself. The white really stands out.

Yes, I loved the white. Perhaps a bit darker red and less shinny. I would all change the strips on the legs. Didn't like them.
Bought my wife the 94 throwback Young jersey. Mitchell and ness makes them
I'm wearing that jersey right now. Might step it up with a new jersey after a win today.

I kinda like those jerseys. They were unique with the white jersey and white pants. Would love to see them again as throwbacks.
Every uniform worn in every season in 49ers history:

http://www.uniformdatabases.com/49ers.html

(the 1994 throwbacks were based off the 1955 49ers uniforms...with some changes)

Every uniform worn during the 1994 San Francisco 49ers season:

http://www.uniformdatabases.com/teams/1994_SanFrancisco.html

(the only loss was the season finale vs the VIkings, but all the starters were pulled early to rest them for the playoffs, #1 seed was already clinched. they wore the white jerseys that lone loss, so they were undefeated in the red throwback jerseys)

mockups of current players wearing a 1994-style uni:

what should be worn in 2014 in the inaugural season of the new stadium:

^ (these alternates combine the best features of the 1955/1994 unis and 1962-63 away unis w/ silver helmets)
Hated those uniforms even though the Niners won the SB that year. They just dont compare to the classic Red and Gold.

Yes, I loved the white. Perhaps a bit darker red and less shinny. I would all change the strips on the legs. Didn't like them.

i think they should keep the same shade of red (scarlet) the black trim and shadows affect the tint already (makes the red look darker than it really is, esp on the white jerseys).

the Niners did switch to their regular solid red socks with the '94 throwbacks halfway through the season (after the BYE week) probably cos they weren't planning to wear the throwbacks all season long, and ran out of striped socks.
[ Edited by Dr_Bill_Walsh on Jan 20, 2013 at 11:45 AM ]
Those are my favorite uniforms. I HATED the Cardinal red crap we wore in the late 90's and most of the 2000's. I wish we could bring these back as a throwback, and wear them in the playoffs. I loved the white on white on the road, but most of all was the shadows around the letters. It was unique, and still looks better than all these new uniforms you see today.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Hated those uniforms even though the Niners won the SB that year. They just dont compare to the classic Red and Gold.

They dont compare to the red and gold, but theres something special about them. That whole season kind of represented the 49ers finally overcoming big obstacles. Young climbing out of Montana's shadow and finally beating the Cowboys to advance to the SB. We had nothing but success wearing them.

I would never want to wear them full time again, but I think they would be awesome as a once a year alternate.
Would be pretty damn cool if they came out of the tunnel in the super bowl wearing them unexpectedly.
That would be fetching hard if we wore the 1994 unis.
Share 49ersWebzone