LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 341 users in the forums

What does Hall promotion mean for Crabtree?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by TheChozen:
Doesn't mean squat for Crabs. I'd say it means something to A J Jenkins though.

I was thinking the exact same thing... A.J. needs to step up.
Originally posted by Ahmad770:
I think it means Harbaugh realizes we are thin at the WR position. We did lose Manningham and Williams. I think it's only start to at least replace one of the two

Exactly, this is just insurance IMO. Crabs will play... And score 2 TDs!
Originally posted by 49er4life:

Could have had Randle or Hill. smh.
Originally posted by jreff22:
anybody still feel like defending Jenkins at this point?

Give him a chance man. He has only had an entire offseason and 17 weeks of the regular season and three weeks in the post season to learn the playbook.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2012/story/_/id/8862130/2013-nfl-playoffs-highly-doubtful-michael-crabtree-san-francisco-49ers-charged-source

Don't know if anyone's seen this, I'll go ahead and post it here.

"A second female witness backed up Crabtree's version of the events to police, according to the source, and there's a feeling in the organization that these events will not develop into anything more than they already have.

Crabtree cooperated with police, interviewed with them for two hours, never was booked, never was charged, and the team doesn't believe he will be."
Originally posted by ninermedic:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2012/story/_/id/8862130/2013-nfl-playoffs-highly-doubtful-michael-crabtree-san-francisco-49ers-charged-source

"A second female witness backed up Crabtree's version of the events to police, according to the source, and there's a feeling in the organization that these events will not develop into anything more than they already have.

Crabtree cooperated with police, interviewed with them for two hours, never was booked, never was charged, and the team doesn't believe he will be."

Very good news
Cundiff was released. Nothing more
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
i think it just means that the team is worried about lack of wide out depth and as many have said, it may not mean good things for jenkins. if hall gets more time today than jenkins, well that is all you need to know. am glad to hear some things are becoming more clear about crabtree but it is odd how athletes like him, big ben and others put themselves in these positions. they should know that they are always a target and they can not live their life like the rest of us do because aside from the penis of mayo, none of us are special like they are
Originally posted by alburns:
Very good news

Two hours is a long interview....
If Chad Hall were a backup safety, we'd still have to either cut him or promote him. The fact that he's a WR is just coincidence, and means nothing about the Crabtree situation.

I think the niners offense is going to use this guy today, not comparing him to Welker or anything but i have a feeling they will use this guy just like how the patriots uses welker or woodhead, something diff for the falcons to think about IMO.
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:
Originally posted by 49er4life:

Could have had Randle or Hill. smh.

Both would have had the same stats while riding the bench for us all season.
Originally posted by ninermedic:

No assault.
Though it would be embarrassing if Chad Hall caught a pass before AJ Jenkins.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Originally posted by jreff22:
anybody still feel like defending Jenkins at this point?

Give him a chance man. He has only had an entire offseason and 17 weeks of the regular season and three weeks in the post season to learn the playbook.
Share 49ersWebzone