LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 278 users in the forums

What does Hall promotion mean for Crabtree?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by TheChozen:
Doesn't mean squat for Crabs. I'd say it means something to A J Jenkins though.

This. I really hope Jenkins gets his #$% together this offseason. He has not started out well.
Originally posted by TexasGuero49:
Win it lose... I'm going to be pissed if Hall has a bigger impact on the game than Jenkins does.

You mean there's something wrong with a 1st round pick getting up-ended by a journeyman WR who's been cut half a dozen times???
Its because they don't want to go with just Jenkins and Ginn behind Crabs and Moss.
He won't even dress for the game.
We had an open spot due to the release of Cundiff, and since he is a 3rd year PS player he had to be elevated or released
  • nj9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JamesGatz83:
It means we had an open spot to use and Hall made the most sense of anyone on the practice squad due to the losses of Manningham and Kyle Williams.

This. No need for 2 kickers on roster and Rashaun Woods was more productive than Jenkins has been.
It means there was an open spot; pending the fact that Crabtree is under investigation (despite playing Sunday), and that Justin Smith is more than healthy enough to play a full game, we fill that final roster spot for an extra receiver (which we could use anyways) capable of also helping the Special Teams unit out.

People reading way too much into this.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by TexasGuero49:
Win it lose... I'm going to be pissed if Hall has a bigger impact on the game than Jenkins does.

You mean there's something wrong with a 1st round pick getting up-ended by a journeyman WR who's been cut half a dozen times???

I don't even want to think about what a swing and a miss this could end up being. I really hope he turns out to be at least a average reciever.

But as far as meaning anything for Crabtree, it means nothing as far as I can tell.
It means we had an open spot to use and Hall made the most sense of anyone on the practice squad due to the losses of Manningham and Kyle Williams.

Exactly. We've been short handed at WR on the 53 man for several weeks.
Isn't he a welker/amendola(lite) type? If he can get open and catch, might be a sneaky play against an unsuspecting atl defense.

He took cundiffs spot. So it means nothing to aj since aj did make it on the roster before he did..but this hole deal with crabs is kinda stressen me out. I know he will be hear but hopfully his mental is good...
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

Exactly. We've been short handed at WR on the 53 man for several weeks.

Only 4 on the 53 man prior to this week.
It means Crabtree has likely played his last game as a 49er. Harbaugh isn't going to tolerate rapists on this team. Harbaugh may be morally bankrupt (see: Alex Smith situation), but even he draws the line at rape.
[ Edited by TinyHandsBigHeart on Jan 19, 2013 at 5:25 PM ]
I wanted to bring Arnaz Battle back instead
It means Jenkins has been worthless, and they might as well activate someone who can return kicks.
Share 49ersWebzone