There are 123 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS BALTIMORE RAVENS GAMEDAY THREAD- SUPER BOWL XLVII

3 years ago in that Chargers game, Justin Smith gets ejected for tapping a ref on the shoulder to get his attention, and this guy gets to stay in the game? Wow.

I think one guy who made a huge play that some don't mention was #59 (i believe) for the Ravens.

when Gore had that big run on that last drive, he broke an Ed Reed tackle and still stayed in bounds and was heading into the endzone to take the lead....but #59 was hustling that whole time and stuck with the play and forced Gore out.

I know some feel wasting time before scoring is important, but like I said over and over and over...when you are down by 4pts...you score a TD when ever you can...first chance you get.
freaks come out at night!!!!!!!
Originally posted by WhyBenchAlex:
Originally posted by diegosydney:
not 1/13 bad but not good.

Guy playing his 10th game coming back from 22 point deficit on the biggest stage in the game is a pretty exciting start to a career though.

Will the Smith fans follow him to the Chiefs ?
I might he was jobed here!
and your real account as well?
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Originally posted by WhyBenchAlex:
not 1/13 bad but not good.

Guy playing his 10th game coming back from 22 point deficit on the biggest stage in the game is a pretty exciting start to a career though.

Will the Smith fans follow him to the Chiefs ?
I might he was jobed here!

Bye

I was a Joe Montana fan, Jerry Rice, Roger Craig, Ronnie Lott - I believe they all went to other teams.
I don't see a reason why you can't follow a good guys career and root for the 49ers.
we could have won that game easily with execution we failed bottom line
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
3 years ago in that Chargers game, Justin Smith gets ejected for tapping a ref on the shoulder to get his attention, and this guy gets to stay in the game? Wow.

Anymore proof needed? Ray Lewis' "last ride" got to the refs.
Man, this is really starting to hurt... Every time I think about it, it hurts more and more. So many years waiting for this... the people who were old enough to see the other Super Bowls are hella lucky.
How come nobody explained to Jim the reason why the flag wasn't thrown, on the sideline? -It's protocol for officials to explain these things to the coaches (despite the obviousness) no matter what, and even when Jim was wrong about some non-calls the refs always talked to him; the official right next to Jim was smirking, that's pretty perturbing no matter how you look at it.
Originally posted by merm49:
Gotta love the trolls. Put Alex Smith in Down 28-6 and we lose the game going away.

Kaep is a star, and brought us to the brink of victory with his incredible play. It's not his fault Roman s**t the bed first and goal to go or that the refs swallowed their whistle on a holding call when literally every chance they got to flag the niners (except on the Soap hit on Flacco rolling out) they threw the flag.

Your not a star in my eyes until you win the bowl.

Why all the love for Kaep tonight? Did he not have any part in this loss? I just don't get the blind love he gets? I get the potential and the big plays but am I to disregard the bad as well? What did he do in the first half (6 points). Did he not throw a huge pick? Did he not cost us to's that we really needed?

Yeah, he helped in the comeback but didn't the special teams help out with a huge punt return spotting our O at the 20? Didn't our D get a huge fumble recovery putting the ball inside their 30?

Whatever, I place blame on all phases in this game. The O stunk it up in the fist half and put us in another hole. Our D played subpar again. And our coachs didn't adjust fast enough.

Tough loss to take but I'm hopeful we can make it back for another great run at it next year. Time is ticking though.
Originally posted by MontanaSBGod:
Originally posted by fastforward:
Smith will e remembered as a #1 overall pick who couldn't do any better than 1/13 on 3rd down when it mattered most even after 7 years.

Kaep will be remembered for who-knows-what, that story is just starting and it's going to be a doozy !

Today's 2-9 on third-down is also bad, unfortunately.

But he will get better but he has to seize the moment and perform when it matters the most.

What matters the most? The 49ers survived everything, fumble, INT, nonexistent defense, 108 TD return.

Ladies and Gentlemen we were at the precifice of another Superbowl.

Its 1st and Goal. And whatever preceded this moment doesn't matther now

wait 2nd and Goal

no 3rd and Goal

no the real moment 4th and Goal (seems like lots of chances).

and we get NADA (not Haloti).

The moment might never come again... Ask Dan Marino.

Like tonights game, I hope we get another shot at it (over and over and over again).
It seems like we got several chances tonight. The football gods were kind even with our awful play.
But we wasted it.

We snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.
[ Edited by TDNiners on Feb 3, 2013 at 10:34 PM ]
Originally posted by luis1985:
Man, this is really starting to hurt... Every time I think about it, it hurts more and more. So many years waiting for this... the people who were old enough to see the other Super Bowls are hella lucky.

I know. I barely saw the end of the golden age, but f**k I was still a kid. All that suffering of going through 2-14, 4-12, 7-9, 5-11, 7-9, 8-8, and 6-10 and for what? This does indeed hurt.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

WOW.

I wasn't going to blame the game on the refs. But that is truly unbelievable. He just pushed the ref flat out. Not only a penalty, that is an AUTOMATIC game ejection. Wow.
[ Edited by BrianGO on Feb 3, 2013 at 10:39 PM ]
next year will be fun to watch, need to keep eye on seattle
Originally posted by rk1642:
Originally posted by merm49:
Gotta love the trolls. Put Alex Smith in Down 28-6 and we lose the game going away.

Kaep is a star, and brought us to the brink of victory with his incredible play. It's not his fault Roman s**t the bed first and goal to go or that the refs swallowed their whistle on a holding call when literally every chance they got to flag the niners (except on the Soap hit on Flacco rolling out) they threw the flag.

Your not a star in my eyes until you win the bowl.

Why all the love for Kaep tonight? Did he not have any part in this loss? I just don't get the blind love he gets? I get the potential and the big plays but am I to disregard the bad as well? What did he do in the first half (6 points). Did he not throw a huge pick? Did he not cost us to's that we really needed?

Yeah, he helped in the comeback but didn't the special teams help out with a huge punt return spotting our O at the 20? Didn't our D get a huge fumble recovery putting the ball inside their 30?

Whatever, I place blame on all phases in this game. The O stunk it up in the fist half and put us in another hole. Our D played subpar again. And our coachs didn't adjust fast enough.

Tough loss to take but I'm hopeful we can make it back for another great run at it next year. Time is ticking though.

was dan marino a star? How about Warren Moon? or Elway before Shanahan got there? All 3 QBs were hall of famers and only one of them got a couple rings at the end and he was still a HOFer. Kaep isn't elite yet without a Super Bowl win but he is a star