There are 183 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

We need to extend Crabtree

Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by drake49er:
Did anyone catch Crabtree on SN when they were unveiling the winners in the Madden bracket?

They were talking about Rice being the GOAT at WR and Crabs said something along the lines of "I don't know about that". The host started grilling him about it. He went silient and eventually backtracked.

EDIT: to keep it on topic...he shouldn't be resigned b/c of this. not srs

Crabs thinks he's better than rice.

When I think about what Rice did and how long he did it and the fact that he was still at his peak at the age of 35 before the fat f&ck Warren Sapp tore his knee up on a bulls!t tackle, I know that he was the best. Jerry Rice trained to no end and his production up until father time came calling was the evidence. 35 YEARS OLD and you are still at your peak fresh off a season with 108 rec and more than 1250 yards and one season removed from more than 1800 yards receiving!! Now you compare that to Moss at 35 and you see a big difference.

Sapp blunted Rice's career arc and he never caught 100 balls again but he still remained a 90 rec 1200 yard rec when he was 40 YEARS OLD!!! Who in the hell in today's game with all the science and medicine can say that?? Crabtree might still be bitter about Rice's criticism of him during his holdout, but no one can take away what Jerry Rice did and he was the GOAT, no matter what position in football. Name me a receiver that had a better career and to stay at the top as long as he did was Jordanesque. Crabtree and Rice need to make up and all our receivers need to get some tips. The GOAT is a phone call away.
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Mar 27, 2013 at 4:53 PM ]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=oTic8_nACHM

Dammit, it is gonna cost to keep The Future of the NFL!! I'm talking about Dan Snyder bucks
Originally posted by Pillbusta:

Dammit, it is gonna cost to keep The Future of the NFL!! I'm talking about Dan Snyder bucks

LOL. Did he said the two "hottest guys in the NFL" or Highest paid in the NFL?"
Originally posted by NCommand:

I think he is going to want to be the highest paid WR in the NFL. I doubt we are going to resign him and he will prolly try to prevent Romo's interceptions.
Originally posted by NCommand:

Crabtree is hella gangsta. If he wants to be paid the highest, he needs to play like the best WR and put up the best #s, otherwise you better settle for your worth foo.
Originally posted by InHarbsWeTrust:
Originally posted by hofer36:
in my view terrell brown is more of a priority to resign than crabtree...finding a player of crabtrees comparable skills will be easier than finding a corner as good as brown

What?

come again
Originally posted by InHarbsWeTrust:
in my view terrell brown is more of a priority to resign than crabtree...finding a player of crabtrees comparable skills will be easier than finding a corner as good as brown

What?

come again

I think he disagrees with you and so do I.
When I think about what Rice did and how long he did it and the fact that he was still at his peak at the age of 35 before the fat f&ck Warren Sapp tore his knee up on a bulls!t tackle, I know that he was the best. Jerry Rice trained to no end and his production up until father time came calling was the evidence. 35 YEARS OLD and you are still at your peak fresh off a season with 108 rec and more than 1250 yards and one season removed from more than 1800 yards receiving!! Now you compare that to Moss at 35 and you see a big difference.

Sapp blunted Rice's career arc and he never caught 100 balls again but he still remained a 90 rec 1200 yard rec when he was 40 YEARS OLD!!! Who in the hell in today's game with all the science and medicine can say that?? Crabtree might still be bitter about Rice's criticism of him during his holdout, but no one can take away what Jerry Rice did and he was the GOAT, no matter what position in football. Name me a receiver that had a better career and to stay at the top as long as he did was Jordanesque. Crabtree and Rice need to make up and all our receivers need to get some tips. The GOAT is a phone call away.

For those too young to know or for those who have forgotten in the 1985 NFL draft Walsh & the 49ers traded up from the last draft position in the 1st round to 16th overall to get Jerry Rice.

Walsh identified Rice's talents did what it took to get him in the draft and the rest is history.

Crabtree & Boldin give the 49ers their two best wideouts sine Rice & Taylor.

But they won't be together for longer than 1-2 years.
Crabtree need to keep his mouth shut. Or at least learn some tact.
Originally posted by SkyGod:
For those too young to know or for those who have forgotten in the 1985 NFL draft Walsh & the 49ers traded up from the last draft position in the 1st round to 16th overall to get Jerry Rice.

Walsh identified Rice's talents did what it took to get him in the draft and the rest is history.

Crabtree & Boldin give the 49ers their two best wideouts sine Rice & Taylor.

But they won't be together for longer than 1-2 years.

I definitely forgot about the extent to which Walsh went to get his guy. He obviously saw something in him worth making that deal. Whatever picks and/or players he gave up to get Rice, he hit a home run
Originally posted by Beeker:
Will you PLEASE stop with this Patterson nonsense?? You say the guys name in almost every one of your posts. He will not be drafted by the 49ers. This FO does not make outrageous moves from 31 up to the top 15 to draft a player. It just doesn't happen. Yeah, it's nice to dream about it, just like it would be awesome to get Tavon Austin. That's not going to happen either.

Especially considering it's not an urgent position of need.

Hell, if we're moving up that far, go get Star, Sheldon, Vaccaro, or Rhodes.
Originally posted by 49ersGiants7:
Originally posted by Beeker:
Will you PLEASE stop with this Patterson nonsense?? You say the guys name in almost every one of your posts. He will not be drafted by the 49ers. This FO does not make outrageous moves from 31 up to the top 15 to draft a player. It just doesn't happen. Yeah, it's nice to dream about it, just like it would be awesome to get Tavon Austin. That's not going to happen either.

Especially considering it's not an urgent position of need.

Hell, if we're moving up that far, go get Star, Sheldon, Vaccaro, or Rhodes.

In fairness ... I have seen Patterson as far down as 22 on a mock ... mostly 12-15, though. Several have him being draft by the Lambs