There are 207 users in the forums

We need to extend Crabtree

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by BayArea:
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
If Crabtree wants to stick around with Kaepernick and Harbaugh seeing that only good things will come because of that, then he will resign no matter what garbage Parker tells him about how much money he can make if he goes to FA. Niners = Super Bowls and HOF potential. Some other crap team that wastes their cap on the hottest FAs = More $$ but that's it. I think he knows what the smartest decision it there.

Crabs will retire a 49er I bet you anything. He is loaded just from his rookie contract financially. Unless he is a greedy douche he wont turn his back for the highest bidder just to end up on the Raiders, or Dolphins to waste away with 4-12 seasons.

Like every other top ten pick that signed a massive deal in free agency?

I like that you speak for the guy like he's your best friend. You don't know crabs, bro.
Originally posted by redrathman:
If Crabtree wants to stick around with Kaepernick and Harbaugh seeing that only good things will come because of that, then he will resign no matter what garbage Parker tells him about how much money he can make if he goes to FA. Niners = Super Bowls and HOF potential. Some other crap team that wastes their cap on the hottest FAs = More $$ but that's it. I think he knows what the smartest decision it there.

Crabs will retire a 49er I bet you anything. He is loaded just from his rookie contract financially. Unless he is a greedy douche he wont turn his back for the highest bidder just to end up on the Raiders, or Dolphins to waste away with 4-12 seasons.

I like that you speak for the guy like he's your best friend. You don't know crabs, bro.

Well I don't know him personally you got me there. What I do know from watching the guy and hearing him in interviews for years I think he might be the type to value a superbowl ring over 500k. That is only my opinion I am not trying to pretend like I know him.

Well I don't know him personally you got me there. What I do know from watching the guy and hearing him in interviews for years I think he might be the type to value a superbowl ring over 500k. That is only my opinion I am not trying to pretend like I know him.

Dude held out for half a season because he felt he was worth more than what the 49ers offered him.

He's going to cash in during free agency.

Dude held out for half a season because he felt he was worth more than what the 49ers offered him.

He's going to cash in during free agency.

That was before we actually had a team worth talking about and before we had a locker room worth a damn and a coach with a brain. Whatever though no reason for us to argue we both are going to have our opinions and nothing will change that.

You are extremely naive if you believe Crabtree and Eugene Parker are going to take anything less than the highest bidder's price for his next deal. We might as well start preparing for life without Crabtree right now. There's no good reason to tie up that much money in Crabtree unless he produces Pro Bowl numbers in 2013.
Originally posted by Psinex:

You are extremely naive if you believe Crabtree and Eugene Parker are going to take anything less than the highest bidder's price for his next deal. We might as well start preparing for life without Crabtree right now. There's no good reason to tie up that much money in Crabtree unless he produces Pro Bowl numbers in 2013.

I would be willing to tie up some money and bet you a hundo Crabs will retire a 49er. I mean that too, and we wont see the results for years. Call me naive when he retires a Chief.

How did that theory work out with other FA 49ers like Dashon Goldson and Delanie Walker?

They both followed the money trail all the way to the highest bidders and 2 non playoff teams.

And we are not talking about 500K difference here we are talking millions. 49ers can't pay top FA WR bucks Crabtree is gone after 2014.

Colin Kaepernick to Cordarrelle Patterson will electrify you!!
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
I have a feeling that Crabtree is going to be more likely to sign an extension if Kap keeps getting him the ball. It'll be interesting to see what the offense looks like next season. I think that might impact priorities on both sides of the negotiations.

Crabtree will still want to get paid, though. Nature of the business.
We might as well look for a crabtree replacement just in case but our top priority next offseason should be crabtree and kap.
My plan to keep crabtree would be this. Call in crabtree and kaep together at exit interview together next offseason and ask them do they want to stay together and remain 49ers and express to them that we want them both. Then ask them to work with us to keep them and build on a winner. From there we might expect Kaep to agree to around a $15 mil per year deal and crabtree for $10 million per. I believe Kaep would help crabtree sign more than the other way around. These NFL players play a dangerous game and their careers can be short. They owe it to themselves to get what they can. That said it will be tough for Mike to leave a team that wins and fans that love him and a QB that sacrifices for him. Wishful thinking I know

I hate to say it, and none of us really know Crabtree, but from what I've seen of his attitude and especially Eugene Parker, his agent, I don't expect him to do anything other than go for the biggest paycheck he can get when the time comes. I don't hold that against him. He is a native of Texas and grew up idolizing the Cowboys. Now, maybe if the Niners take him all the way to a Super Bowl championship and he develops a league-leading numbers kind of relationship with Kaepernick, my opinion will change, but I just don't see him as the kind of player that sticks. I'm sure everyone read about how he doesn't even want to catch passes from Kaepernick during warm-ups because Kaep throws too hard to warm up. I hope I'm wrong about Crabtree, but that's just my guess.

He put up pretty much Pro Bowl numbers last year. Very similar to Julio Jones and Victor Cruz. Not to mention way better than Fitzgerald who somehow made the Pro Bowl.
I'd be fine with giving him a big contract, then again I'm not paying it. He and Kaep are both Pro Bowlers next year.
Originally posted by btthepunk:

He put up pretty much Pro Bowl numbers last year. Very similar to Julio Jones and Victor Cruz. Not to mention way better than Fitzgerald who somehow made the Pro Bowl.
I'd be fine with giving him a big contract, then again I'm not paying it. He and Kaep are both Pro Bowlers next year.

After what Crabtree and Eugene Parker did to us his rookie year, they are going to attempt to take us to the cleaners. I have no doubt in my mind. Are you willing to let either Iupati, Anthony Davis or Aldon Smith become free agents to satiate Eugene Parker's greed? Trent Baalke is going to let Crabtree test the market, after franchising him for one year. Then they will let Crabtree look for a 9-10 million dollar a year deal. If he gets it, he's gone, good for him, if not, then Baalke will re-sign him at a fair price.
After what Crabtree and Eugene Parker did to us his rookie year, they are going to attempt to take us to the cleaners. I have no doubt in my mind. Are you willing to let either Iupati, Anthony Davis or Aldon Smith become free agents to satiate Eugene Parker's greed? Trent Baalke is going to let Crabtree test the market, after franchising him for one year. Then they will let Crabtree look for a 9-10 million dollar a year deal. If he gets it, he's gone, good for him, if not, then Baalke will re-sign him at a fair price.
He may not even franchise him for a year. The franchise player cost for receivers is very high. It kind of depends on whether other receivers develop or if there is another FA option next year. I don't think they're going to draft a receiver high this year. If they do, that's a sign that they probably don't think they can even deal with Parker.

I would be willing to tie up some money and bet you a hundo Crabs will retire a 49er. I mean that too, and we wont see the results for years. Call me naive when he retires a Chief.

you are nai....(just getting a head start)
Share 49ersWebzone