There are 54 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Face of the Franchise?

Face of the Franchise?

I remember back in the Nolan years, there was a big deal being made about who was the face of the franchise, or who would become the face of the franchise. There is even this profootballweekly article asking if Willis could step up to be the face of the franchise.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2010/05/06/willis-unlikely-to-become-face-of-franchise

It seems that talk has died down in recent years, but I was wondering, who do you as fans think is the face of the franchise and why? Or who would you like to see become the face of the franchise?
Andy Lee.

Nah, jk, it's Harbaugh for sure right now. Willis is obviously a great player, but he isn't vocal enough to be the face of the franchise.
[ Edited by TinyHandsBigHeart on Jan 16, 2013 at 10:52 PM ]
Originally posted by TinyHandsBigHeart:
Andy Lee.

Nah, jk, it's Harbaugh for sure right now. Willis is obviously a great player, but he isn't vocal enough to be the face of the franchise.

Yeah thats what the article was saying, and its true. And I'd agree that its Harbaugh right now which is why maybe the talk about it has died down, but if Kaep keeps playing well and is a QB for a long time I think he will eventually become the face of the franchise.

Seems like a lot of times people don't want the coach to be the face of the franchise, or the owner (like Jerry Jones is for Dallas, people seem to hate that)
Harbaugh is more valuable than any player on the current roster. . .

Rodgers, Peterson and Brady are probably the only players I would take over him
[ Edited by KEGster on Jan 16, 2013 at 11:09 PM ]
It's Harbaugh right now but it will be Kap very soon.
Harbaugh easily
I agree that its Harbaugh, but I was trying to think of which other team has the head coach as the face of the franchise?

A lot of teams have offensive players, RB's (Peterson), WR's (Megatron), QB, (too many to name)

Some have defensive players (Ray Lewis, Ronde Barber arguably, Willis arguably)

Some have owners (Jerry Jones)

The only one that I can think of that has the head coach as the face of the franchise, outside of maybe brand new coaching hires (Andy Reid with the eagles before this year,)

Even the best coaches (Belicheck, Coughlin, Tomin) have someone else as the face of the franchise, or hell even decent coaches have other (Jeff Fischer (Bradford, Steven Jackson maybe) (Rex Ryan Sanchez (even if he is awful))

Just an interesting thing to look at I think. I'd like to see Kaep step up to become the face, or Willis or Bowman, seems like coaches as the face of the franchise get a lot of heat.

Question for the old timers, was it Walsh as the face of the franchise or was it Montana or Young or probably it was Jerry Rice?
[ Edited by shawny on Jan 16, 2013 at 11:31 PM ]
Originally posted by shawny:
I agree that its Harbaugh, but I was trying to think of which other team has the head coach as the face of the franchise?

A lot of teams have offensive players, RB's (Peterson), WR's (Megatron), QB, (too many to name)

Some have defensive players (Ray Lewis, Ronde Barber arguably, Willis arguably)

Some have owners (Jerry Jones)

The only one that I can think of that has the head coach as the face of the franchise, outside of maybe brand new coaching hires (Andy Reid with the eagles before this year,)

Even the best coaches (Belicheck, Coughlin, Tomin) have someone else as the face of the franchise, or hell even decent coaches have other (Jeff Fischer (Bradford, Steven Jackson maybe) (Rex Ryan Sanchez (even if he is awful))

Just an interesting thing to look at I think. I'd like to see Kaep step up to become the face, or Willis or Bowman, seems like coaches as the face of the franchise get a lot of heat.

Question for the old timers, was it Walsh as the face of the franchise or was it Montana or Young or probably it was Jerry Rice?

The Jets
- Belicheck in 2 years when it is time to start grooming Brady's replacement

- Harbaugh if the Ravens win a SB and Ed Reed retires soon

- maybe Fisher in St.Louis

- maybe Chip Kelly with Philadelphia
Brian Jennings because he was the last player still on the Niners during that 2002-03 playoff run
Harbaugh for sure

Kaep probably will be soon though.
Right now it is Kaepernick but last week I would have said Harbaugh.
Originally posted by susweel:
It's Harbaugh right now but it will be Kap very soon.

this.
Originally posted by zillabeast:

It can only be a combination of two -->This guy above, and Jim Harbaugh, they are joined at the hip and will be for a long time; I HOPE! NINERS!!