There are 50 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Does Kaep's run on Saturday surpass Young's classic run?

Kaep's big run on Saturday wasn't as impressive as Steve Young's 1988 run against the Vikings, nor was it done with the game on the line, but I wonder if it was bigger because of being in a playoff game? Young's run was in the regular season.
[ Edited by grizzlyadams on Jan 15, 2013 at 5:30 AM ]
youngs run was just pure fun to watch and one of my favorite football plays of all time, kaeps run was also incredible but he made it look so easy, steve youngs was more exciting because of all the maneuvering he had to do and you had to wonder if he was gonna pass out before he made it to the endzone lol
Seeing a white boy run like that is always more entertaining. It's so awkward yet graceful at the same time.

Kaepernick's pre-season touchdown run was a real thing of beauty though. I watch that thing over all the time.

Ehhh...I'm going to say "apples and oranges" on this one.
No, not even close. Kap's run was great, but he was untouched. Young kept making people miss and broke tackles all the way to the endzone.
[ Edited by TinyHandsBigHeart on Jan 14, 2013 at 9:42 PM ]
Originally posted by TinyHandsBigHeart:
No, not even close. Kap's run was great, but he was untouched. Young kept making people miss and broke tackles all the way to the endzone.

This and Hondakillerzx'. Young was a more elusive and exciting runner whereas Kaep has sheer speed and probably more strength. Both are and were fun to watch. That run against the Vikes was poetry and a classic! Perhaps one day, Kaep will have a classic as well.
nope
Young's run was almost like we was drunk.

Kaep's run (or any of his big runs for that matter) is similar to a wild angry ostrich.

Both fun to watch. Young was just more dramatic and slightly over the top with the stumble at the end.

This. Kaeps wasnt anything that special
Originally posted by xela510:

This. Kaeps wasnt anything that special

Seriously ..I could have ran that in
Mmm, different kind of "WOW" plays.

Kaepernick's run was great play design and really showed off his speed. It just shows how electric a player he is.

Young's run was an exhausting run for him in which he was breaking tackles, weaving in and out through the field. It's definitely the more exciting of the two runs.
Originally posted by NinerJedi:
Young's run was almost like we was drunk.

Kaep's run (or any of his big runs for that matter) is similar to a wild angry ostrich.

Both fun to watch. Young was just more dramatic and slightly over the top with the stumble at the end.

Kaep actually does look like a motivated ostrich pulling away from human athletes. Move it to 4:25.

it's Kap, not Kaep
and no, it was not.

This.