LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 271 users in the forums

Does Kaep's run on Saturday surpass Young's classic run?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ninersoul:
Ehhh...I'm going to say "apples and oranges" on this one.

Yeah, both very exciting, but hard to really compare.

Give Kaep some time though, doubt that will be his last 50+ yard TD score.

Really, that run with the Preseason run in mind really shows how the distance he goes is mearly dependent on the line of scrimmage, he could definelty pull off a 95+ yard run, nobody catches that boy,

....40-times don't properly measure his speed. If they clocked NFL players in the 100 yard dash, i'd bet he'd be at least top 5. When he hits open field his stride opens up to like 4-5 yards a step! doesn't look quick like a DB, but he's sailing,
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
youngs run was just pure fun to watch and one of my favorite football plays of all time, kaeps run was also incredible but he made it look so easy, steve youngs was more exciting because of all the maneuvering he had to do and you had to wonder if he was gonna pass out before he made it to the endzone lol

Ditto my thoughts excatly
Young's run was incredible. With that said, CK broke an NFL record right in front of my eyes. I just can't choose one over the other, both deserves recognition.
  • Envy
  • Veteran
Steve Young made a play that literally saved a dynasty. It goes down in folklore.Kaep executed a very well designed play. Neither should be misjudged. Especially not Kaep's but ESPECIALLY not Young's!
They both were awesome. They both have the wow factor one shows off the QB's determination and elusiveness and the other shows his pure speed. I like them both. But, Young's was better and the fall at the end was perfect....
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by Ballistic:
it's Kap, not Kaep

Kaep

Didn't Kaepernick himself say his nickname is spelled Kap and not Kaep? Can't remember where I read that.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
not even close.
it's Kap, not Kaep

Check the spelling of his name.
You see? what i was started talking about Kap is compared to Steve Young.. i did what i said it. Kap is having a pretty good his tall and his throw too fast that ball is too speed cuz his arm is too strong than Steve Young..
[ Edited by BuZzB28 on Jan 15, 2013 at 5:30 PM ]
Karl's meant more in bc in the playoffs but young's was more athletically impressive given how many players he had to juke/run around.

Originally posted by grizzlyadams:
it's Kap, not Kaep

Check the spelling of his name.
even his family & close friends"Team Kap" says so

lol
  • Nuns
  • Veteran

Originally posted by Envy:
Steve Young made a play that literally saved a dynasty. It goes down in folklore.Kaep executed a very well designed play. Neither should be misjudged. Especially not Kaep's but ESPECIALLY not Young's!

Until the Burger king performs Kaep's run too, it's not in the same ballpark:)
[ Edited by Nuns on Jan 15, 2013 at 7:48 PM ]
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Kaep actually does look like a motivated ostrich pulling away from human athletes. Move it to 4:25.

Interesting and cool video.
The one thing that Young's long run has over Kap's is the playcall over the radio. Simply awesome
Funny your thread tittle answers your question, you refer to Young's run as 'Classic" but use no superlative in describing Kaeps run. It wasn't Kaeps "amazing run" or Kaeps "incredable run" it was just Kaeps run...so well there you go.
Share 49ersWebzone