There are 134 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Will Frank Gore get 10k?

Will Frank Gore get 10k?

Frank is 1,161 short of 10,000! If he got it, I think it would cement his place as the best 9er back in history. If he gets a ring along with 10k I think he would get in the HOF. What do you think?
I don't know if he's got the "flash" to be a HOF. But goddamit he is one in my book! He was the ONLY thing that did good during a drought of probably the worst football of modern 49er era.

Frank will be my favorite 2000s 9er without any doubt in my mind. With 10K and a ring, he could see the HOF, but my gut says he probably won't.
Yes he will. Absolutely. He has two more good years in him, baring injurys. He is still by far the best RB on our roster, and should continue to be the bell cow.

HOF will be hard though. Frank is truely my favorite 49er ever. Ever. A ring will help, but TBH rings are less important to RB's as they are other positions. If he gan get 11,00 yards, and a ring or two, than he should definately be up for consideration.
[ Edited by IdahoNiner on Jan 14, 2013 at 5:57 PM ]
Originally posted by spizzy:
Frank is 1,161 short of 10,000! If he got it, I think it would cement his place as the best 9er back in history. If he gets a ring along with 10k I think he would get in the HOF. What do you think?

I think that's already cemented even if he doesn't get 10k, but I think he will.
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
Originally posted by spizzy:

if we win the super bowl this year and frank puts up 2 more 1000 yard seasons I think he is a HOFer
1,161 should be doable. His production should be similar next year except maybe even a little less carries as LMJ is emerging. I think if we win it all this year and he gets 10k next year and win it all, he should be a lock

On a side note, im excited to see the Hunter/LMJ combo in the future!
Gore is gonna have a huge game vs ATL! calling it
[ Edited by Frisco69ers on Jan 15, 2013 at 11:32 AM ]
His career reminds me a lot of Curtis Martin. Not a lot of flash, just pure production. I agree 10,000 May not get him in alone. a super bowl and 11,000 might do the trick.
Originally posted by jays9ers:
His career reminds me a lot of Curtis Martin. Not a lot of flash, just pure production. I agree 10,000 May not get him in alone. a super bowl and 11,000 might do the trick.

This.. but def needs a ring or 2 for HOF
over 10k with a couple or more so rings.
If we win it this year he will be in. Great players on Super Bowl winning teams get tons of publicity.
These are some guys he would be compared with

Frank Gore: 9k, 4.6 yards/carry, 315 catches, 22 yards/game receiving, 61 total TDs
Jerome Bettis: 13k, 3.9, 200 catches, 7.5, 94 total TDs + 1 ring
Tony Dorsett: 12k, 4.3 yards/carry, 398, 20 yards/game receiving, 90 + 1 ring
Curtis Martin: 14k, 4.0, 484 catches, 19.8, 100 total TDs
Edgerrin James: 12k, 4.0, 433, 22.7, 91 total TD's + 1/2 ring? (Made run with Cards, Colts gave him honorary ring for their title over Bears)
Thurman Thomas: 12k, 4.2, 472 catches, 24.5 yards/game receiving, 88 total TDs

So Gore is on pace to make the HOF with a ring. Something like

12,000 yards
4.2 yards/carry
400 receptions
19 yards/game receiving
75 Total TDs

All of those are attainable in 3 average healthy Gore seasons. The Total TDs is a little low, especially for an offensive Era. That is probably the only stat that is holding him back and I don't see why it would increase in the next few years for Frank. Maybe if he is able to keep his yards per carry at 4.4, then the TDs might not be so scrutinized.

EDIT: See the tricky part is for Gore to get HOF worthy numbers, he might need to finish out in a different uniform. Honestly, he deserves it even if seeing him rushing for another team (2 seasons) is needed.
[ Edited by KEGster on Jan 14, 2013 at 9:52 PM ]
Yeah, he has an outside chance if he keeps it up another 2 or 3 years. If he has 3 more 1000+ yard seasons where he's productive and we're winning, then yup. Might be hard to get there though as anything can and does happen.
yes
hr has around 12k total yards as of right now. 3 more of Gore type seasons with a super bowl ring should cement himself in the hall of fame.