There are 843 users in the forums
Favorite All-time 49ers Run Plays
Jan 14, 2013 at 7:23 PM
- Grifter420
- Veteran
- Posts: 157
Gotta be number 1... That whole game was brutal... That was TO's second year. Man I forgot how good of a blocker Owens were. I forgot #74's name... All I remember is he went to Gonzaga and him and Gogan used to do a lot of pulling. Off course that was the same year we took home field throughout only to get blasted by those darn cheeseheads... The fact that the play was only designed to only go for 4 yards. I still remember people didn't like the Hearst signing because they think he was washed up.
That Steve Young play was a broken play where he turned a would be lost to a huge gain.
I have so many favs because I'm more of a fan on big rushing game cause of the schemes.
- Smith's 28 yard touchdown run
- Gore's back to back long runs against Seattle
- Gore's long run against Lions (2006 and 2011)
- Kaep's 78 yarder just because it's his first even if it's preseason
There are a lot and it's tough to pick just one... I think Smith's 22 yard run against Seattle in 06 was better than the one last year btw.
Jan 14, 2013 at 7:26 PM
- mod
- Veteran
- Posts: 42,461
I loved that 4th and 1 run against the Rams by Gore, he hit a wall, and somehow squeezed through the line and scored a TD.
Jan 14, 2013 at 7:40 PM
- qnnhan7
- Veteran
- Posts: 35,186
These guys have at least one run that would make the list...
Craig
Rathman
Hearst
Gardner -- yes that little dude
Gore
Floyd
Watters
Craig
Rathman
Hearst
Gardner -- yes that little dude
Gore
Floyd
Watters
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Jan 14, 2013 at 7:41 PM ]
Jan 14, 2013 at 7:42 PM
- Black24Razor
- Veteran
- Posts: 1,325
What about Lawrence Phillips TD run against the Cards in 99? Maybe not.
Jan 14, 2013 at 7:59 PM
- KegBert
- Veteran
- Posts: 3,829
Originally posted by jimrat:
I completely forgot about this. I wasn't around for this one either but it gives me chills whenever I see replays on NFL network. Easily top 3.
Jan 14, 2013 at 8:02 PM
- Kronos2560
- Veteran
- Posts: 1,243
Honorable mention:
Colin Kaepernick's pitch to Ted Ginn against the Rams.
Colin Kaepernick's pitch to Ted Ginn against the Rams.
Jan 14, 2013 at 8:03 PM
- KegBert
- Veteran
- Posts: 3,829
Originally posted by Kronos2560:
Honorable mention:
Colin Kaepernick's pitch to Ted Ginn against the Rams.
Jan 15, 2013 at 10:18 AM
- DelCed2486
- Veteran
- Posts: 7,158
Originally posted by Black24Razor:
What about Lawrence Phillips TD run against the Cards in 99? Maybe not.
It was the least he could do after he allowed Aneas Williams to end Steve Young's career in that game.
[ Edited by DelCed2486 on Jan 15, 2013 at 10:20 AM ]
Jan 15, 2013 at 10:56 AM
- DeepNinerValue
- Veteran
- Posts: 60,617
Originally posted by KEGster:
Not trying to stir the pot but
yes by far my favorite,
Jan 15, 2013 at 11:33 AM
- BobS
- Veteran
- Posts: 12,143
The Craig run is my favorite as I was in Anaheim Stadium and saw it live.
Jan 15, 2013 at 11:56 AM
- ALLDONE
- Veteran
- Posts: 130
having watched both the Smith run and Kaep run in person I have to say that Smith's was better given the circumstances (needing to come back into the game etc)
It was also the loudest I've ever seen the stick.
It was also the loudest I've ever seen the stick.
Jan 15, 2013 at 12:30 PM
- BullFrogAlien49
- Veteran
- Posts: 13
It wasn't one run but a veroge of runs by Gore against the Seahawks. I think he rushed for like 212 yards.
Jan 15, 2013 at 12:33 PM
- BullFrogAlien49
- Veteran
- Posts: 13
Originally posted by Garcia:
Originally posted by KEGster:
Not trying to stir the pot but
yes by far my favorite,
Staley looks like a running back on that play
Jan 15, 2013 at 1:49 PM
- BubbaParisMVP
- Veteran
- Posts: 3,213
Originally posted by BullFrogAlien49:
Staley looks like a running back on that play
That's the thing that I always come back to. The run is fantastic, but Staley's block is superhuman. As I mentioned at the time, he looked like a man possessed. Each time I see that replay, it's Staley that I'm watching.
It's amazing how you can see the point where he realizes the angles aren't going to work and somehow he manages to find another gear. Just incredible.
[ Edited by BubbaParisMVP on Jan 15, 2013 at 1:52 PM ]
Jan 15, 2013 at 6:13 PM
- BobS
- Veteran
- Posts: 12,143
Originally posted by KEGster:Doesn't qualify, he went around the corner untouched, didn't juke anyone or break any tackles. He isn't fast so 1/2 the guys in the NFL could have made that run.
Not trying to stir the pot but