There are 174 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Best Offensive Line in all of Football

cc, i have forgotten now, but didn't clay matthews get decked by FRank? I remember laughing out loud, but i thot the funniest thing was it was #21. I could be wrong but either way, it was great watching matthews get slammed.

As to why this OL is so great ....well, runblocking, our guys are the best in the business and we got pulling OGs and OTs that are best in the league . The reason the pass protection suddenly has taken a quantum leap forward is : Kap drops back 7-9 steps. A normal QB drops back 7-9 steps and is 14-18 feet behind LOS. With his incredible stride, Kap's 7-9 step drop is 21-27 feet behind LOS, and gives him a huge advantage in time to locate a receiver. Plus if it gets crowded back there, he can scramble fine....and that is why our OL has suddenly "passblocked better". I will also say on the read option, not used tonite (oops , once, unsuccessfully...sorry, that was student body right...)but in the GB game, on the one TD play to rt side, the seal by the big guys was perfect, but so was seal by vernon, crabs, frank and maybe delanie. Kap had a hiway to end zone. So better passblocking, courtesy of Kap, and better seals on read option are two of many things making our OL look like they are better pass protecting..
now, a lot closer to worst offensive line in all of football
Originally posted by 49ERFANb4Uwas:
now, a lot closer to worst offensive line in all of football

Ya it wasn't even any good last yr. First half of 2012 was the only time the OL was truly dominant and deserved its rep. Now its arguably below average.
they are atrocious.
We all want the heads of the whole entire offensive coaching, we should also include several heads on the O-line clean house these duds are the reason the line has played like crap all year

Staley (his game has gone backwards)
Iupati (guy can barely run block)
Boone (got payed & is playing like he didnt)
J. Martin (were do i even start with this chump)

If we are cleaning house this is also a good place to start draft players bring in some vets just please re-tool the line.
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
We all want the heads of the whole entire offensive coaching, we should also include several heads on the O-line clean house these duds are the reason the line has played like crap all year

If we are cleaning house this is also a good place to start draft players bring in some vets just please re-tool the line.

Baalke and JH both share the blame with this bum. He's awful. Crazy that Kilgore was basically the only consistent o line man all year and he was the guy we all worried about.
Originally posted by lamontb:

Baalke and JH both share the blame with this bum. He's awful. Crazy that Kilgore was basically the only consistent o line man all year and he was the guy we all worried about.

Truth. This was the worst performance by a collective group as I've seen in a long time. They had a decent 3-4 game string there and then went full potatoe when we needed them most. I know they too, are put behind the 8-ball as well but that doesn't excuse the penaalties and break downs esp. on 3rd downs and deep in our own territory.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
pas protection has sucked for three years no matter the qb. now they have forgotten to run block,, dump boone and lupati at the very least.
Marcus Martin, Kilgore, Brandon Thomas, AD and ?? next year. MM's getting valuable experience at C, but think his long-term value may be at OG. Really, he and Kilgore should become interchangeable. AD just needs to get healthy and he's one of the better RT's in the league. Staley...not sure about him. He's regressed some, for sure, but might be serviceable for another couple of seasons. They'd do well to draft another couple top OL, though. If they finish 7-9, the blessing in disguise could be earlier draft access to some top OL.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by lamontb:

Truth. This was the worst performance by a collective group as I've seen in a long time. They had a decent 3-4 game string there and then went full potatoe when we needed them most. I know they too, are put behind the 8-ball as well but that doesn't excuse the penaalties and break downs esp. on 3rd downs and deep in our own territory.

s**t i had forgot all about all the bone head penalties to start the season. Always getting a false start at the worst moments just killing drives. Anthony Davis injury hurt big time in pass pro and run blocking. He had issues with speed rushers but i always thought running behind Boone and Davis was the best option for the run game. And snapping the ball with one second left on the play clock every down wasn't helping the cause.
Best offensive line in Dallas
Originally posted by xberesx:
Best offensive line in Dallas

Sad to say, this is probably true & I f'n hate that team
but this doesn't effect the offense though lol. the line isn't what's important