There are 119 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS ATLANTA FALCONS GAMEDAY THREAD-PLAYOFFS 2013 NFC CHAMPIONSHIP

Originally posted by pahlerbj:
anyone have any video of Alex talking after the game?

• Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
People don't really mean these things. Its just emotional reaction

If they truly thought it "was over" they would turn it off and mow the lawn.

Yep.

I was the one keeping my aunt in Walnut Creek in check over the phone. I couldn't tell you how many times she texted back and said, "You called it..."
Originally posted by SFTifoso:
Originally posted by Godsleftsock:
Link

Cornerback Chris Culliver and strong safety Donte Whitner said the 49ers had trouble getting their hands on the receivers early in the game. The Falcons used those bunch formations with tighter splits to take San Francisco out of its press-coverage techniques, the 49ers theorized.

"Receivers know the defensive coaches tell the players not to press if they get tight splits because there is so much room to the sideline," Whitner said. "So our corners had to play off and that is why they did that. It was just a cat-and-mouse game until we figured them out."

The 49ers had trouble getting to their second and third coverage calls in part because they weren't initially sure which routes the Falcons were running from those bunch formations.

"When we make those secondary calls, we are zoning it off," Whitner said, "so you zone it off until a man comes into your area, and then you lock on."

There were some tense moments in the first half as Ryan conducted target practice.

"It gets heated, but we got inside [at halftime] everything was cool," Culliver said. "We talked about what we were going to do when we see those formations. Once you start seeing stuff and start playing the game, you start jumping stuff."

That's what Culliver did when he picked off Ryan at the San Francisco 38-yard line with 7:46 remaining in the third quarter. The 49ers trailed 24-21 at the time and hadn't been able to stop the Falcons to that point in the game.

There was some thought that Falcons receiver Roddy White had slipped on the play, but that wasn't how Culliver saw things.

"Every time Ryan throws the ball, he throws toward the ground where nobody can get it but the receiver," Culliver said. "But I seen it and ran inside on it. A lot of people thought outside, but I ran inside on that and he tried to go down to it, but I got over him and got the pick."

The 49ers' pass rush finally got going late in the game, putting Ryan under duress on six of the quarterback's final 12 drop backs once San Francisco took its first lead 28-24 on Gore's 9-yard run with 8:23 remaining. The 49ers had put Ryan under duress only three times previously on 32 drop backs, according to ESPN Stats & Information.

Despite the late push, the 49ers remained in danger until linebacker NaVorro Bowman blanketed White over the middle and broke up Ryan's fourth-down pass.

This makes me feel good about our chances with the Ravens. They run a simpler offense, so hopefully it won't take our DBs long to figure them out. And their O-line isn't as good as ATL's. Ray Rice IMO is overrated, he won't be factor. Guys I truly think we're gonna get a 6th.
Agree. Can't wait for the Super Bowl!
Originally posted by WWFGD:
Originally posted by kemp_j:
Yesterday sucked for me until I got home. I missed the game because I was at the D#$m outlet mall all day with my wife. She's in a shopping frenzy and oblivious to the game. I turned my phone off becuase I didn't want to know what was happening. I was told by so butt head that the 9ers were losing and no way they would come back. So I drove home 2 hours thinking the 9ers had lost. I was pissed.

I turned my phone on when I got home and I had 18 text message. I read the 1st and it said: Congrats 9ers going to Super Bowl.

I have never known this much joy and relief!!!!

Go 9ers!!!!
I don't mean to sound insensitive but really? You were shopping at an outlet mall with your wife on NFC Championship Sunday?

Wtf dude grow a pair its the Nfc championship game and your team is playing wow
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by 49erWill:
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
Eh see you guys when draft starts

Originally posted by hungarian9erfan:
so we managed to lose this game within 16 mins

Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
This is what can happen when you have an identity crisis in the middle of the season.

Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Game over

Originally posted by captveg:
Game over
Originally posted by 76Razor:
game. falcons.
Originally posted by taney71:
That's it. 17-0. Game is over.

Awful season guys. f**k this.

Originally posted by Allx9er:
well its pretty much over and its EARLY.....niners look flat, confused, out coached, out executed and simply out classed.

awful just awful
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
Well, here's to next year.

Originally posted by CenCal9er:
I guess my "quest for sux" towel will be used to wash windows
Originally posted by 49erfaninPA:
This is worse that last year's heartbreak.

Originally posted by eastie:
We're toast. Better get your minds ready for next year. Maybe our QB will learn how to read a zone by then.....But wait, we already have one that can, sitting on the bench!

Lololololol

not shocked.

Gotta admit though. Thes posts may look funny in retrospect, but they're even FUNNIER during gametime. The classic knee-jerk reaction. Makes me smile even when we're losing bc you can feel the entire fanbase just deflate. I was gonna post a similar one last week after the GB game, but held back. I remember specifically the first post after Kaep through the pick 6....it was simply, "GAME". I couldnt stop laughing as it was only the 4th play of the game. Kudos

PS - I may have been a culprit as well with one of these types of posts.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQrG2o0TRho&feature=youtube_gdata_player
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQrG2o0TRho&feature=youtube_gdata_player

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Sourball:

whata purpose does this serve?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by 49erWill:
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
Eh see you guys when draft starts

Originally posted by hungarian9erfan:
so we managed to lose this game within 16 mins

Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
This is what can happen when you have an identity crisis in the middle of the season.

Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Game over

Originally posted by captveg:
Game over
Originally posted by 76Razor:
game. falcons.
Originally posted by taney71:
That's it. 17-0. Game is over.

Awful season guys. f**k this.

Originally posted by Allx9er:
well its pretty much over and its EARLY.....niners look flat, confused, out coached, out executed and simply out classed.

awful just awful
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
Well, here's to next year.

Originally posted by CenCal9er:
I guess my "quest for sux" towel will be used to wash windows
Originally posted by 49erfaninPA:
This is worse that last year's heartbreak.

Originally posted by eastie:
We're toast. Better get your minds ready for next year. Maybe our QB will learn how to read a zone by then.....But wait, we already have one that can, sitting on the bench!

Lololololol

not shocked.
i was not among those . sure i was upset with the d at half time, sure i hate dave akers but actually the only thing that really pissed me off was that the guy who caught the pass and fumbled , which was not called a fumble,, was so damn wide open. thank god he slipped
Damn just went back and watched that final punt by Andy Lee, man that was a f**king mean ass punt, his best of the year probably (hang-time PLUS distance), guy is a closer.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by Sourball:

whata purpose does this serve?

My question was serious. Just wanted to see if he was happy, sad or whatever.
Props go to ness on the 49ers.com board.... full game and the trophy presentation

[ Edited by Gore_21 on Jan 21, 2013 at 7:11 PM ]
49ers going to the ship
Anybody know if we're gonna be wearing the home or away jerseys for the "ship"?