There are 172 users in the forums

Smith, Tolzien thread. Yet again

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by diegosydney:
It's not a ridiculous argument to be optimistic because one guy got the team further than the other despite not having anywhere near the same amount of experience, and nowhere near the amount of support from the Defense and Special Teams.

It is a ridiculous argument, it has gone on and on and on and achieved nothing.
Originally posted by English:
It's not a ridiculous argument to be optimistic because one guy got the team further than the other despite not having anywhere near the same amount of experience, and nowhere near the amount of support from the Defense and Special Teams.

Fine, have it your way, I won't be optimistic about having a young dynamic Franchise QB that got the team to the Superbowl for the first time in 18 years.....

Wow really? Come on...
[ Edited by Leathaface on Feb 6, 2013 at 10:19 AM ]

Fine, have it your way, I won't be optimistic about having a young dynamic Franchise QB that got the team to the Superbowl for the first time in 18 years.....

If you had bothered to actually read my posts you would realise that what you have just posted is foolish and not relevant to what I said.
Originally posted by InHarbsWeTrust:
If you are going to continue this ridiculous and divisive argument, perhaps you could contrast the two teams and their coaching staff. Otherwise your question is meaningless.

Having a crappy team has nothing to do with it. Even in crappy situations there can be cause for optimism. I was optimistic after Smith's 2nd year even though the team was not good as he had improved over the 1st year.

So you weren't optimisitc at the beginning of this season before Colin was in?
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Chris Wesseling ‏@ChrisWesseling

From @claytonespn: If the 49ers can't unload Alex Smith, he'll make a beeline for the Cardinals once he's released
http://www.arizonasports.com/?nid=40&sid=1608579

"I think the Browns would be the most interested," Clayton said of a potential Alex Smith trade
Originally posted by Jcool:
Chris Wesseling ‏@ChrisWesseling

From @claytonespn: If the 49ers can't unload Alex Smith, he'll make a beeline for the Cardinals once he's released
http://www.arizonasports.com/?nid=40&sid=1608579

"I think the Browns would be the most interested," Clayton said of a potential Alex Smith trade

He should choose wisely and not follow the money. I would take AZ over Cleveland. They have Fitz and a solid defense with an offensive minded coach.

Great fit.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
He should choose wisely and not follow the money. I would take AZ over Cleveland. They have Fitz and a solid defense with an offensive minded coach.

Great fit.
garcia will probably tell smith not to go to cleveland. i would be upset if we got less than a third round pick for alex. i would be pissed at a 4th or 5th pick is what we got. we got s**t for charles haley, we got s**t for montana, we got s**t for Owens. lets do it right this time
Originally posted by cciowa:

Great fit.
garcia will probably tell smith not to go to cleveland. i would be upset if we got less than a third round pick for alex. i would be pissed at a 4th or 5th pick is what we got. we got s**t for charles haley, we got s**t for montana, we got s**t for Owens. lets do it right this time

brandon whiting was, indeed, s**t

Great fit.

I'd take a third in a heartbeat. I'd even be ok with a 4th and beyond really. THe alternative is we cut him and he's walks away.

A second tounder would be a dream and a first is out of the question.

Great fit.

Can't remember what we got for Haley, a straight jacket maybe. We got a 1st for Joe which iirc we turned into Stubblefield. And we got screwed on Owens.

Looking for a low 2nd or a high 3rd.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

Great fit.

Can't remember what we got for Haley, a straight jacket maybe. We got a 1st for Joe which iirc we turned into Stubblefield. And we got screwed on Owens.

Looking for a low 2nd or a high 3rd.
i am sorry about being wrong about montana,, i thought we got a mid round pick and a cornerback or safety, dave waymer something?? well i was wrong so that turned out good but as you said the other two i would kick and moan about getting a fourth for smith but i guess it would not be tragic. still hope for a third ,
  • dj43
Optimism isn't necesarily the same as "the second coming"

I have cause for optimism with Kaep I never had with Smith, and if getting closer to a SB win doesn't count for anything i guess you'd be just as happy with 1-15.

How optimistic were you with with what you saw after Smith's first 10 starts ?

If you are going to continue this ridiculous and divisive argument, perhaps you could contrast the two teams and their coaching staff. Otherwise your question is meaningless.

It is ironic that at the end of the Super Bowl, just as at the end of the NFCC game last season, the QB struggled due to a lack of available quality pass receivers.

Yes, the secondary defense and STs were bad this season but the offensive struggles often revolved around that lack of quality receivers.
Originally posted by dj43:
It is ironic that at the end of the Super Bowl, just as at the end of the NFCC game last season, the QB struggled due to a lack of available quality pass receivers.

Yes, the secondary defense and STs were bad this season but the offensive struggles often revolved around that lack of quality receivers.

I do agree that our WR situation in the SB was bad...but if our defense was as good this year as it was last, we beat the Ravens by 10.
Originally posted by dj43:
Optimism isn't necesarily the same as "the second coming"

I have cause for optimism with Kaep I never had with Smith, and if getting closer to a SB win doesn't count for anything i guess you'd be just as happy with 1-15.

How optimistic were you with with what you saw after Smith's first 10 starts ?

Crabtree: 100 yards
Vernon: 100 yards
Kaep: 300 yards

You couldn't be more wrong.
[ Edited by Joecool on Feb 8, 2013 at 11:07 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone