There are 58 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Smith, Tolzien thread. Yet again

Up to you, guys. I can lock the thread or start rolling the banhammer.

Or you could calm down and be sensible.
Originally posted by English:

you should just lock it up he's pretty much dead as a niner.
Originally posted by susweel:

Unproven and simply inflammatory . You want an extended break?
The funny thing is we have solid depth at QB but will be losing that if Alex leaves. That is something I think needs real attention. I don't like our odds if Tolzien has to take over barring a Kap injury.
Originally posted by susweel:

Unproven and simply inflammatory . You want an extended break?

it wasn't mean that way. all Im saying we probably wont see him play another game as a niner. and NO
Originally posted by InHarbsWeTrust:
Originally posted by rk1642:
Man you have a serious attitude problem. Why always putting inferences in other peoples point of view? Can't you just take the back and forth without getting personal? You want respect then you have to give it also and we are all 49er fans in here.

Is this a joke? Where is the attitude and where did I get personal? And no...I don't think we're all 49er fans in here so I disagree with you there.

So only you are a true 49er fan or can root for the team and players. We all are fans in our own ways. You pick players in these debates so don't sit there and act like you don't. I never accuse you of not being a fan of the team because you wanted the stating qb benched. You had an opinon and it was vaild but so do others and if they don't agree then so be it.
  • dj43
  • Veteran
Let's hope Scott Tolzien can develop into a competent backup. If Harbaugh continues to run the read/option, there will come a time when CK will be injured while running the ball and a solid backup will have to come in and win some games. At this point in time, I have zero confidence in Tolzien based on his play against 3rd stringers last spring. For now, we will have to sit this off-season and wait to see if Mr Magician Jim Harbaugh can weave his magic with ST.

OTOH, Atlanta and Baltimore have already shown how to defend the read/option. I am sure other DCs will go to school on that during the off-season as well. The result will be that Kaepernick will not be running quite as much in the future.
Originally posted by dj43:
Let's hope Scott Tolzien can develop into a competent backup. If Harbaugh continues to run the read/option, there will come a time when CK will be injured while running the ball and a solid backup will have to come in and win some games. At this point in time, I have zero confidence in Tolzien based on his play against 3rd stringers last spring. For now, we will have to sit this off-season and wait to see if Mr Magician Jim Harbaugh can weave his magic with ST.

OTOH, Atlanta and Baltimore have already shown how to defend the read/option. I am sure other DCs will go to school on that during the off-season as well. The result will be that Kaepernick will not be running quite as much in the future.

Josh Johnson? Or did he sign with someone?
This thread is garbage. Alex is a class act and a true professional. We have been thru a lot of s**t with him. The playoff game against the Saints is a game I'll remember forever. The haters should seriously stop obsessing over this guy. Its creepy.
I'm rooting for whatever team Alex is on next year. I hope he goes to the Dolphins, Jets or Bills so he can beat Brady. *Ideal situation for me
Originally posted by dj43:

Huh? We ran all over both of those teams so how did they show how to defend it??
Originally posted by sacniner:
This thread is garbage. Alex is a class act and a true professional. We have been thru a lot of s**t with him. The playoff game against the Saints is a game I'll remember forever. The haters should seriously stop obsessing over this guy. Its creepy.

Yes it is. I've noticed that several of them are jumping back and forth between the Kaep and Smith threads. Putting down Smith's play at every opportunity and defending Kaep when anyone says anything critical of him. Obsessed to say the least.
Mindi Bach ‏@MBachCSN On Alex Smith @Kaepernick7 wants him to get the best situation "He's done nothing but help me. I wish him nothing but the best".

Sounds like Kaep knows he's gone.
Originally posted by Tommyboy:
Mindi Bach ‏@MBachCSN On Alex Smith @Kaepernick7 wants him to get the best situation "He's done nothing but help me. I wish him nothing but the best".

Sounds like Kaep knows he's gone.

i think thats pretty obvious at this point
Based on what Harbaugh said in his press conference, it doesn't sound like they will just release Alex.