LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 231 users in the forums

Smith, Tolzien thread. Yet again

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Jiks
Originally posted by dj43:
Let's hope Scott Tolzien can develop into a competent backup. If Harbaugh continues to run the read/option, there will come a time when CK will be injured while running the ball and a solid backup will have to come in and win some games. At this point in time, I have zero confidence in Tolzien based on his play against 3rd stringers last spring. For now, we will have to sit this off-season and wait to see if Mr Magician Jim Harbaugh can weave his magic with ST.

OTOH, Atlanta and Baltimore have already shown how to defend the read/option. I am sure other DCs will go to school on that during the off-season as well. The result will be that Kaepernick will not be running quite as much in the future.

Josh Johnson? Or did he sign with someone?
This thread is garbage. Alex is a class act and a true professional. We have been thru a lot of s**t with him. The playoff game against the Saints is a game I'll remember forever. The haters should seriously stop obsessing over this guy. Its creepy.
I'm rooting for whatever team Alex is on next year. I hope he goes to the Dolphins, Jets or Bills so he can beat Brady. *Ideal situation for me
Originally posted by dj43:
Let's hope Scott Tolzien can develop into a competent backup. If Harbaugh continues to run the read/option, there will come a time when CK will be injured while running the ball and a solid backup will have to come in and win some games. At this point in time, I have zero confidence in Tolzien based on his play against 3rd stringers last spring. For now, we will have to sit this off-season and wait to see if Mr Magician Jim Harbaugh can weave his magic with ST.

OTOH, Atlanta and Baltimore have already shown how to defend the read/option. I am sure other DCs will go to school on that during the off-season as well. The result will be that Kaepernick will not be running quite as much in the future.

Huh? We ran all over both of those teams so how did they show how to defend it??
Originally posted by sacniner:
This thread is garbage. Alex is a class act and a true professional. We have been thru a lot of s**t with him. The playoff game against the Saints is a game I'll remember forever. The haters should seriously stop obsessing over this guy. Its creepy.

Yes it is. I've noticed that several of them are jumping back and forth between the Kaep and Smith threads. Putting down Smith's play at every opportunity and defending Kaep when anyone says anything critical of him. Obsessed to say the least.
Mindi Bach ‏@MBachCSN On Alex Smith @Kaepernick7 wants him to get the best situation "He's done nothing but help me. I wish him nothing but the best".

Sounds like Kaep knows he's gone.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Tommyboy:
Mindi Bach ‏@MBachCSN On Alex Smith @Kaepernick7 wants him to get the best situation "He's done nothing but help me. I wish him nothing but the best".

i think thats pretty obvious at this point
Based on what Harbaugh said in his press conference, it doesn't sound like they will just release Alex.
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by Tommyboy:

i think thats pretty obvious at this point

it has been pretty obvious in the past and he has stayed...mark purdy wrote a column today advocating the niners keep smith...as fan of smith i hope they dont do that
I still think we should trade Smith and a 4th for Revis. Then draft some young corners in the draft and develop them in 2013.

Add Revis to this defense (plus add rotation to our d-line) and this team is the most dominant team top to bottom next year.

Originally posted by HudsonValley:
I still think we should trade Smith and a 4th for Revis. Then draft some young corners in the draft and develop them in 2013.

Add Revis to this defense (plus add rotation to our d-line) and this team is the most dominant team top to bottom next year.

We have 14 picks. We are not going to trade for that type of contract. Would love to see Baalke work the trades on Draft Day.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
they gonna play hardball with him

Yeah. They may request more than usual since we have more picks than we need.
Originally posted by real9erfan:
Based on what Harbaugh said in his press conference, it doesn't sound like they will just release Alex.

Hinted they might keep him on the roster...oh..some people are gonna hate that.

I'm guessing it is posturing so they can get more value in a trade.
Originally posted by Joecool:

Yeah. They may request more than usual since we have more picks than we need.

Obviously, they won't get much for him since he sucks..why bother?
Share 49ersWebzone