There are 134 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Smith, Tolzien thread. Yet again

Originally posted by jagkid007:
I never trusted Alex Smith to make good throws in clutch situations and I always questioned his confidence. I don't worry about that with Kaepernick though. When we were down 17-0 against the falcons, he kept his cool and lead the 9ers to victory and I honestly don't think that Alex could have gotten out of that situation.

missed the 2011 season did you?
Where would you guys like to see Alex go next season? I hope he lands with Chip Kelly and the Eagles.
Originally posted by xela510:
Where would you guys like to see Alex go next season? I hope he lands with Chip Kelly and the Eagles.

Yeah solid option for em.

That or link up with Norv in Cleveland.
Originally posted by hofer36:
Originally posted by jagkid007:
I never trusted Alex Smith to make good throws in clutch situations and I always questioned his confidence. I don't worry about that with Kaepernick though. When we were down 17-0 against the falcons, he kept his cool and lead the 9ers to victory and I honestly don't think that Alex could have gotten out of that situation.

missed the 2011 season did you?

Boom.

Eagles, Chiefs, Browns. He also might be cool on the Vikings with Peterson at running back. Could really open some things up for him passing. They just have to get some receivers and make sure Harvin stays.
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:

Eagles, Chiefs, Browns. He also might be cool on the Vikings with Peterson at running back. Could really open some things up for him passing. They just have to get some receivers and make sure Harvin stays.

I think Alex would do great in Minn...but I don't see them giving up on Ponder just yet.
that eagles game last year was a thing of dandy. They were suppose to be good and we stunned them and they never recovered and I think that really propelled us as well. I could see this superbowl being a game like that. frank having the wining td. oh and alex made a comeback that game. and dawm was he clutch. that continued through out the season
[ Edited by 49amane on Feb 2, 2013 at 4:45 PM ]
I'd like to see Alex end up in KC. I predicted that is where he'd go 2 months ago, and then Trent Dilfer said the same thing a few days back. Apparently, Andy Reid is a big fan of Alex. KC has a lot of young talent. Wasn't too long ago they were a 10-6 playoff team. They just need some direction and leadership. Reid and Alex would help stabilize things there.

Cleveland would be a nice spot too. He'd be reunited with Norv Turner. They have two studs on the O-line with Thomas and Mack. Richardson in the backfield. Not sure about the receiving options. Little and Gordon have talent, but need more consistency. Do they give up on Weeden already? Alex is actually younger than him believe it or not.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Feb 2, 2013 at 4:57 PM ]

I'd rather he go with Andy Reid and the Chiefs. Reid seems to really like him and he's a QB-friendly coach.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
I'd like to see Alex end up in KC. I predicted that is where he'd go 2 months ago, and then Trent Dilfer said the same thing a few days back. Apparently, Andy Reid is a big fan of Alex. KC has a lot of young talent. Wasn't too long ago they were a 10-6 playoff team. They just need some direction and leadership. Reid and Alex would help stabilize things there.

Cleveland would be a nice spot too. He'd be reunited with Norv Turner. They have two studs on the O-line with Thomas and Mack. Richardson in the backfield. Not sure about the receiving options. Little and Gordon have talent, but need more consistency. Do they give up on Weeden already? Alex is actually younger than him believe it or not.

KC would be a good spot for Smith. They had a lot more talent last season than their record indicated. They should have been at least a 7 win team even with Matt Cassel as QB. Romeo Crennel is another of those very good coordinators that just do not cut it as HCs.

Cleveland would be not quite as solid although having Richardson to hand the ball to would take advantage of the fact Alex Smith is very good in play action.
If it wasn't already clear to some in the media that smith is being traded not released the espn article should leave no doubt.
Originally posted by nevadalove9ers2:
If it wasn't already clear to some in the media that smith is being traded not released the espn article should leave no doubt.

Said that they will attempt...but give him say. and if all the teams hold out and force SF to give Alex the signing bonus, then they'll release him. I still think he'll be traded to the team of his choice.
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Said that they will attempt...but give him say. and if all the teams hold out and force SF to give Alex the signing bonus, then they'll release him. I still think he'll be traded to the team of his choice.

Can't see all qb-hungry teams acting in unison. They have so few options this year. If the team are forced to release him, it's open season. One of them will want to make sure they pick up the best available qb this year.
Getting a high chief pick in return for Alex Smith is like music to my ears.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
The Redzone ‏@TheRedzoneorg

Sources: 49ers will attempt to trade Smith http://tinyurl.com/a4doh52 #NFL #49ers