LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 331 users in the forums

Smith, Tolzien thread. Yet again

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Every time that I see that kid in an interview, I am impressed. Gotta be one of the classiest players to ever put on the Red and Gold.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Every time that I see that kid in an interview, I am impressed. Gotta be one of the classiest players to ever put on the Red and Gold.

One of the classiest people I have ever known about.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:

One of the classiest people I have ever known about.
i never follow x niners when they leave us. but alex will be the exception
Hope he has a great career somewhere. Even though I was never a fan of him as a 49er QB, I'll still be rooting for him wherever he goes (unless he plays us).
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Hope he has a great career somewhere. Even though I was never a fan of him as a 49er QB, I'll still be rooting for him wherever he goes (unless he plays us).

of course this is the truth
There are some teams who may be wanting to install some of Greg Roman's offense - his plays and formations. No one knows this stuff better than Alex. Any team that gets Alex not only gets a competent QB, they also get a great Assistant OC who can help the new team install and use much of the 49er's offense.
I never trusted Alex Smith to make good throws in clutch situations and I always questioned his confidence. I don't worry about that with Kaepernick though. When we were down 17-0 against the falcons, he kept his cool and lead the 9ers to victory and I honestly don't think that Alex could have gotten out of that situation.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by Leathaface:

i like him too... Just not as our QB.
Originally posted by jagkid007:
I never trusted Alex Smith to make good throws in clutch situations and I always questioned his confidence. I don't worry about that with Kaepernick though. When we were down 17-0 against the falcons, he kept his cool and lead the 9ers to victory and I honestly don't think that Alex could have gotten out of that situation.

missed the 2011 season did you?
Where would you guys like to see Alex go next season? I hope he lands with Chip Kelly and the Eagles.

Originally posted by xela510:
Where would you guys like to see Alex go next season? I hope he lands with Chip Kelly and the Eagles.

Yeah solid option for em.

That or link up with Norv in Cleveland.
Originally posted by hofer36:
Originally posted by jagkid007:

missed the 2011 season did you?

Boom.

Eagles, Chiefs, Browns. He also might be cool on the Vikings with Peterson at running back. Could really open some things up for him passing. They just have to get some receivers and make sure Harvin stays.
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:

Eagles, Chiefs, Browns. He also might be cool on the Vikings with Peterson at running back. Could really open some things up for him passing. They just have to get some receivers and make sure Harvin stays.

I think Alex would do great in Minn...but I don't see them giving up on Ponder just yet.
that eagles game last year was a thing of dandy. They were suppose to be good and we stunned them and they never recovered and I think that really propelled us as well. I could see this superbowl being a game like that. frank having the wining td. oh and alex made a comeback that game. and dawm was he clutch. that continued through out the season
[ Edited by 49amane on Feb 2, 2013 at 4:45 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone