There are 52 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Smith, Tolzien thread. Yet again

Originally posted by Jakemall:
You're right..that's why last season he didn't break the record in come backs... SMH.

And if you paid attention to each comeback, he was down by a field goal in many and no more than one score in all but one. Again, if you're down big, Smith has not shown that he can bring a team back except one game which continues to be referenced. If you can point me to other games, that would be great. I'm not arguing...just can't think of games where we were down big and he brought us back besides the Eagles game.
Originally posted by InHarbsWeTrust:
You're right..that's why last season he didn't break the record in come backs... SMH.

And if you paid attention to each comeback, he was down by a field goal in many and no more than one score in all but one. Again, if you're down big, Smith has not shown that he can bring a team back except one game which continues to be referenced. If you can point me to other games, that would be great. I'm not arguing...just can't think of games where we were down big and he brought us back besides the Eagles game.

Nobody brings teams from down big consistently. So you will find that those numbers are bad in general. Alex was a part of some awful teams before last season. In his first season with a good team he had one of those comebacks. Hooray for the Niners! Colin had one last night... Hooray for the Niners!
San Francisco 49ers QB Alex Smith said he is thrilled the team is heading to the Super Bowl, even though he was replaced by QB Colin Kaepernick as the team's starting quarterback. "I'm so happy, man," Smith said. "This is so surreal. It's such a crazy time, such a crazy moment. Obviously, it's been a unique year, and it would be great to be in there. But I couldn't be happier. This is a great group of guys, and they're all Super Bowl bound. I'm just so happy for all of them."

http://www.profootballcentral.com/2013/01/21/alex-smith-happy-with-team/

100% Class
Alex Smith: "I'm so happy, man," Smith said. "This is so surreal. It's such a crazy time, such a crazy moment. Obviously, it's been a unique year, and it would be great to be in there. But I couldn't be happier. This is a great group of guys, and they're all Super Bowl bound. I'm just so happy for all of them."

Alex Smith is just such a classy guy. They guy just exudes character.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Alex Smith: "I'm so happy, man," Smith said. "This is so surreal. It's such a crazy time, such a crazy moment. Obviously, it's been a unique year, and it would be great to be in there. But I couldn't be happier. This is a great group of guys, and they're all Super Bowl bound. I'm just so happy for all of them."

yah he a good dude and probably now understands Kap's talents.
Originally posted by susweel:
let it go man and just enjoy the super bowl.

no one player is bigger than the TEAM.

It's crazy. We're going to the Super Bowl and some are still sad/upset/bitter. WHAT?

Its crazy people still hate Alex. And when I state Kaep is better than Alex I'm told to let it go. Let what go? I think you all need to let it go. Many people are thankful for all Alex has done for this franchise. Many people understand Alex isn't the greatest QB in the world but he's definitely not the worst. I plain and simple as I said. Kaep has potential to be something special. Alex managed the game. Managing the game is not a bad thing. Many people hated him for that, while many other teams would've been much better off with a guy like him.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
If your only intention in posting in this thread is to rile other up, say "I told you so," etc., then I suggest that you don't post in here.

Thanks.

This. Why I don't come around often anymore. People act as if it's a sin because I rooted and stuck up for the starting QB of our team. That is just really really bad thing to do, root for your teams starting QB. Ya know stick up for him. Just as I do with Kaep, did with Hill, T. Smith, even Cody Pickett. People sit and say "I told you so" but they didn't tell me anything. I never hated a player on my team. I never dogg or dis any player on my team. I never made up stupid phony BS to put the guy down. I disagreed with the timing of the move and that is all. Again it's not a sin to like your starting QB.
Send Smith off in style with a super bowl ring. He has earned it.
Alex is making a great case for Jax, AZ, maybe Cleveland, maybe miami, maybe elsewhere to jump on him with both feet the minute the super bowl is over. ALex will NOT go to free agency. Look at the QBs coming up from college. Any body you REALLY would want to draft to take your crappy team to the playoffs? NONE. That is why the 3 teams that have to have a first rate QB will get in a bidding war with us, not alex... for alex, and see to it that he never hits free agency. Those 3 teams can't afford to let the other two get him. Ergo, a bidding war. And alex taking this with humility and equanimity....well, that just cements the fact that there are 3 teams who HAVE TO HAVE Alex, and will go after him aggressively. I expect what others only laugh at...a #1, or I could also see two #2s. But I expect a #1, or a trade for our #1.
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Originally posted by susweel:
let it go man and just enjoy the super bowl.

no one player is bigger than the TEAM.

It's crazy. We're going to the Super Bowl and some are still sad/upset/bitter. WHAT?

Its crazy people still hate Alex. And when I state Kaep is better than Alex I'm told to let it go. Let what go? I think you all need to let it go. Many people are thankful for all Alex has done for this franchise. Many people understand Alex isn't the greatest QB in the world but he's definitely not the worst. I plain and simple as I said. Kaep has potential to be something special. Alex managed the game. Managing the game is not a bad thing. Many people hated him for that, while many other teams would've been much better off with a guy like him.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
If your only intention in posting in this thread is to rile other up, say "I told you so," etc., then I suggest that you don't post in here.

Thanks.

This. Why I don't come around often anymore. People act as if it's a sin because I rooted and stuck up for the starting QB of our team. That is just really really bad thing to do, root for your teams starting QB. Ya know stick up for him. Just as I do with Kaep, did with Hill, T. Smith, even Cody Pickett. People sit and say "I told you so" but they didn't tell me anything. I never hated a player on my team. I never dogg or dis any player on my team. I never made up stupid phony BS to put the guy down. I disagreed with the timing of the move and that is all. Again it's not a sin to like your starting QB.

you started your post of saying that you were still a little "bitter" thats what I was referring to.
You guys are going to carry on with this futile argument forever.

It's tired and boring.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

One miffed punt from having 2 to send him off with. Oh well..woulda shoulda coulda.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

One miffed punt from having 2 to send him off with. Oh well..woulda shoulda coulda.

You know we blame that game on muffed punt myself included but he did have chances to win that game but couldn't convert any third downs. But that's in the past now would have been nice to see what would have happened had kw not f**ked up those kicks.

Some here could have stood up for Smith without disparaging Kaepernick but chose not to and they deserve whatever grief they get. You should let it go.
[ Edited by TheWooLick on Jan 21, 2013 at 4:51 PM ]

No one hates Alex. Give me a break.
Originally posted by GNielsen:

Why say "all of them"?

Why didn't he say "All of US"?