I rewatched the Niners/Packers again last night.
Some things really stood out to me:
- Hunter is SO explosive and unstoppable; he and Gore together are unstoppable
- Manningham is incredibly quick out of his breaks and was an unsung hero for us
- Alex absolutely destroyed their defense with Crabtree, VD, Moss (in the RZ) and at the LOS esp. re: the running game
- ST's made a difference for both teams (63 yard FG) and Cobb's Lambeau-given TD
- We spread them out with 3 and 4 WR's AND we were releasing VD and Gore/Hunter in the passing game. As a result Staley got beaten pretty good but held up enough. We dominated them with the exact same game plan as we had against the Bears.
- On defense, we got that TO and it was the difference in the game (stopped momentum and it lead to an instant TD). Bowman is better in coverage than Willis who was on the sidelines b/c of this reason and b/c of the extra DB's went needed out there. Culliver was a stud on deep balls. We need this again.
That said, if we spread them out with 3 and 4 WR's again and can continue to flare out VD and Gore (and CK7 find them like in the Bears game) we can sustain drives and run up the score AND control the TOP.
So the player x-factors in this game is the OL's pass protection and CK7 at the LOS and James running outside balancing out Gore inside. But it all starts with the game plan (HaRoman).
[ Edited by NCommand on Jan 11, 2013 at 8:41 AM ]