There are 223 users in the forums

David Akers keeps job

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I don't trust our kicking game at all with both. Unfortunately we may need them with the Packers as I think we could have a close game.
you may be right but i still think we either win big or lose big,, that is the way this team rolls. wow what a choice,, we keep a kicker and both are terrible or we keep both on the active roster for the most important game we have played so far and are a laughing stock
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
All that i know is we better be better in the RZ, and not leave it up to the kicker. Also play calling better be better in situations where we know we will be going for it on fourth down. 4 down situation playcalling this year has left alot to be desired.
play calling is the biggest focus area in my opinion for saturday
Originally posted by cciowa:
All that i know is we better be better in the RZ, and not leave it up to the kicker. Also play calling better be better in situations where we know we will be going for it on fourth down. 4 down situation playcalling this year has left alot to be desired.

Play calling... you mean that thing that happens every single play of every single game ever?
If Kyle Williams can redeem himself, then so can Akers.
good thing we didnt release akers and picked up cundiff because we left seahawks with a longwell haha. if akers went to seahawks i bet it would be our luck that he regained his mojo and beat us with a game winning field goal
good thing we didnt release akers and picked up cundiff because we left seahawks with a longwell haha. if akers went to seahawks i bet it would be our luck that he regained his mojo and beat us with a game winning field goal
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:

i dont think kyle williams redeemed himself. he didnt get the chance to because he got injured. next year on his contract season he will have a shot
Originally posted by JustinNiner:

i dont think kyle williams redeemed himself. he didnt get the chance to because he got injured. next year on his contract season he will have a shot
I don't think so as well.
Yeah, Nick, playcalling, that thing we get pretty good 2 out of every 3 games, which is weird. But if you look at it closer, AZ had us beat in first half and second half Harbaugh shows up with the playcalling chart. We won. Same in SEA. 2nd half Harbaugh shows up with clipboard and plays. Didn't matter because by that time, roman had already killed us. Sure am glad they like him for HC in Jax. Wish he could leave prior to Sat nite and just let Coach call plays. We not only don't need roman, we need to get rid of him.
Go David and slay Goliath!!

Something like that is irredeemable. Cost us a trip for #6.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

This
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

This

It is if he makes a Santonio Holmes like grab in the back of the end zone with 34 seconds left next February to get us #7!!
Under 70% accuracy for the season, finally admitted to having off-season surgery, injured...and still wins the starting role. I'm a nervous wreck every time we're attempting a FG...you'd think Jose Cortez was still on this team. There will be riots in SF if tomorrow's game comes down to a FG attempt in the closing seconds and he misses.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by cciowa:

Play calling... you mean that thing that happens every single play of every single game ever?
you know exactly what i mean. i hate it when posters play dumb you know the issues we have had at times with game plan and play calls
Share 49ersWebzone