LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 218 users in the forums

would switching Aldon and Justin's positions ease the injury

Shop Find 49ers gear online
say we put Aldon inside to suck up linemen, and Justin outside to hold the edge or rush. Justin wouldn't be pushing at the arms so much, and would most likely be up against one lineman, or at worse, be chipped by a TE or cut by a RB. Would this work?
i believe they do this occasionally, not sure if it would work full time though
The co-host with Brooks today said he thinks Aldon may have a big injury with his shoulder that we don't know about. So sticking Aldon on the inside wouldn't be a good idea.
I actually believe this because Aldon's power rush has suffered recently.
Originally posted by FunkNinerFlex:
The co-host with Brooks today said he thinks Aldon may have a big injury with his shoulder that we don't know about. So sticking Aldon on the inside wouldn't be a good idea.
I actually believe this because Aldon's power rush has suffered recently.

As recently as, say, after Justin Smith got hurt?
Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper:
As recently as, say, after Justin Smith got hurt?

He brought up a point during the Stl game. He tried to run wide around a blocker than power rush him.

If Aldon's production relies so much on Justin, heck the entire D for that matter, everyone should give Justin their 2012 salary.
Justin should put Aldon on his shoulders a form a super linemen
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Sounds like a great idea.
Originally posted by susweel:

Yes, and let's play Manny Lawson at safety as well.
Let's just hope Aldon and Justin can both be effective all game long.
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by susweel:

Yes, and let's play Manny Lawson at safety as well.

Worked with JP

yeah and then we can have Kaepernick play WR and then Ginn at QB
Even if Aloha
Why the change ? I know Justin's banged up, but I havent heard any reports from San Fran his game is lacking in practice. Have you guys heard anything different ?
  • titan
  • Veteran
How about they stay the same and rotate RickyJF more to give Cowboy rest so he can go all out 4th Qtr.
I've been saying this forever. He was a beast last year coming off the line. Suddenly the coordinators have amnesia. They act as if we dont have any other LB's, Aldon is not great in pass coverage anyway so bringing in anothe LB to bull rush with Aldon and do a poor job on pass coverage would actually result in no drop off.
Share 49ersWebzone