There are 95 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

aj jenkins should get a pass

Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:
Originally posted by Kronos2560:
I remember the webzone branding Aldon as a bust as soon as they found out he was struggling in training camp. Just give AJ time, he will flourish when his time comes.

This

Not this.

Jenkins has had 17 weeks+offseason to learn where to lineup,. He couldnt even seem to do that. Guy looks lost. I hope he pans out for next season, but i dont expect anything from him this year in the post season
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
He did, but he dropped it.

Yup...bust. Next up!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
he gets no pass from me, number one draft pick my ass,. terrible pick
Can't give him a pass when he hasn't even caught one yet.
I would like the team to give him a gimme, like a student body right to open the game -- everyone would be expecting Gore to carry and all the LBs and DBs would be converging on the run play -- Gore hands to AJ on the reverse and Kaep (after the handoff to Gore) is there to block as AJ takes it 80 yards for the opening score

That outta settle the kid down
  • fly15
  • Veteran
he's a bust
woods part 2 hope im wrong
Originally posted by sfout:
This and not throwing to him again compounds the issue. Jenkins better be light it up on Saturday.

Yeah, how can people be so critical over one dropped pass? He's a rookie and I believe it was his first game in the regular season. Reserve your judgment and save your disgruntled comments until he has full game under his belt.

I do remember seeing the dropped pass, but I didn't think it would blow up like this, anyone got a video of it? Maybe I remember it differently. I don't recall being too upset about it, I just shrugged and thought "okay, it happens". If he drops balls like Walker does then resume your b***hing. I'm just busting Delanie's balls, I don't have any ill will for the guy.
[ Edited by HouseNiner on Jan 9, 2013 at 12:00 AM ]
Originally posted by HouseNiner:
Originally posted by sfout:
This and not throwing to him again compounds the issue. Jenkins better be light it up on Saturday.

Yeah, how can people be so critical over one dropped pass? He's a rookie and I believe it was his first game in the regular season. Reserve your judgment and save your disgruntled comments until he has full game under his belt.

I do remember seeing the dropped pass, but I didn't think it would blow up like this, anyone got a video of it? Maybe I remember it differently. I don't recall being too upset about it, I just shrugged and thought "okay, it happens". If he drops balls like Walker does then resume your b***hing. I'm just busting Delanie's balls, I don't have any ill will for the guy.

Most people who are thinking Logically dont care about the dropped pass. The thing that is worrisome is that after 17+ weeks in the system he still didnt know where to properly lineup. That to me is the kicker. There is no excuse, even if you are mentally handicaped, as a WR to not know the playbook or where to lineup after that amount of time as a 1st round pick. Manningham, while only having the season ending injury against Seattle, was banged up all season. KW has been out for a bit now, and he just barely made it out there. If Ginn wasnt totally worthless as a WR Jenkins would probably still be deactivated. IMO it shows a serious lack of focus and effort at best. No excuse. Hes got to get it together.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Hes got to get it together.

Then give the guy a chance, I'm asking you Niner fan to Niner fan. You can doubt him, be critical and skeptical, whatever, but when he becomes something, I want you to admit you were wrong, and a jerkass. If I'm wrong, I'll admit that I was the wrongful jerkass
[ Edited by HouseNiner on Jan 9, 2013 at 12:22 AM ]
Originally posted by HouseNiner:
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Hes got to get it together.

Then give the guy a chance, I'm asking you Niner fan to Niner fan. You can doubt him, be critical and skeptical, whatever, but when he becomes something, I want you to admit you were wrong, and a jerkass. If I'm wrong, I'll admit that I was the wrongful jerkass

I will always admit when i am wrong. I loved us drafting crabtree, but then was extremely critical of his development and work ethic up until this season. He had a great season, and i was wrong.

It is not up to me to give him a chance. Its up to him. He got a chance last week and couldnt even line up right. He has to get it together. simple as that.

This isaint about being right or wrong about the future potential of a first round pick at this point. This is about this team sorely needing Jenkins to step up on a playoff run, where our WR core has been decimated once again, and the first round rookie not even being able to line up right by the end of the season.
The guy needs to lift weights, get bigger. He looks so small and fragile when he's on the field. If he was to get lit up by someone like an Ed Reed or Goldson, he's done. I've seen some of his college highlights and he looked to always be open. Maybe slower DB's, I dunno. In the NFL, you need to be able to catch a ball with someone right on your heel.
Man, he is rook guys..lay off. Sure there are guys getting a lot more opportunities and therefore have some production to show for their first season, but other than Hilton nobody is looking all that great. You are never a bust in your first year...ever. Hell Crabtree is just rounding into form this year. Some guys need to cook a little longer before they are done, give the kid a break. Now if he isnt on the field next year, as a real contributor and a candidate to break out in year 3....then there is a problem. If you have ever played fantasy...you know recievers typically are a three year deal.
If anyone is looking for a breakout game in the playoffs, forget about it. Waiting for his first pro reception, maybe this week?
He NEEDS to be a factor
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home