There are 165 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Leader in the Clubhouse/Kicker

Originally posted by Valrod33:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by zarilla:
Harbaugh's news conference just now he said there is somebody that's ahead, but not who it is. They're also hauling both Akers and Cundiff to Candlestick today, goal to make a choice between them as to who kicks FGs Saturday. He also said they may have both guys at the game.

wtf? 2 kickers, but no DL depth. Good idea harbaugh.

Its 6 days away from the actual game and he is already getting outcoached

Im with you guys, but i mean we gotta do all that we have since the early season changes. just accept it,right! Feel that he knows what he's doing, and why..............., because it's worked so far.
akers under 40 with game on the line

cundiff over 40 with game on the line
Originally posted by Valrod33:
Its 6 days away from the actual game and he is already getting outcoached

McCarthy never struck me as very bright.

Vegas odds pretty much SF -3, so that's even considering homefield usually gets you 3 points.
Really? Smart enough to get out of San Fran after only one year during the "dark years" won a super bowl and has a .661 winning percentage and year in and year out one of the best offenses in the NFL.
Originally posted by 49erfaithful49:

rather go for it
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Harbaugh's news conference just now he said there is somebody that's ahead, but not who it is. They're also hauling both Akers and Cundiff to Candlestick today, goal to make a choice between them as to who kicks FGs Saturday. He also said they may have both guys at the game.

i will say Jh is getting a head start on losing this game for us. f**king around with the kicking thing while we have no depth along the line as chaz said. if we lose saturday it will be because we get outcoached. a theme that runs rampant in every one of the losses we have this year

Packers 24 Niners 23 3 seconds left, Niners have the ball at the Packer 26 yard line, and the FG attempt to win the game is kicked by____________________.

The one thing I worry about with Akers is I think he has a low projectory on his kicks this season, maybe that is some kind of compensation for his injury, but even FG's and extra points he makes come close to being blocked.
If Akers was struggling before these competitions I'm willing to bet he's mush now. That must have done any with any remaining semblance of confidence he had. Like being a kicker doesn't already come with tremendous pressure.

Whoever loses the kicker battle becomes the back up defensive lineman.
just pick a damn kicker and be done with it.
Originally posted by sfninerfanMax:

Packers 24 Niners 23 3 seconds left, Niners have the ball at the Packer 26 yard line, and the FG attempt to win the game is kicked by____________________.

The one thing I worry about with Akers is I think he has a low projectory on his kicks this season, maybe that is some kind of compensation for his injury, but even FG's and extra points he makes come close to being blocked.

Akers attempts the kick, IT IS BLOCKED, but the stupid Packers pick it up and try to return it instead of falling on it, commotion ensues, Andy Lee strips the ball, Akers picks it up and hobbles down the field and laterals it to Goldson right before he is tackled, THE BAND IS ON THE FIELD, and Goldson scores the game winning TD. The end.
i think it will be a gametime decision considering the wind mph forecast. cundiff doesnt have experience kicking in the wind and if those winds are swirling than he could be worse than akers
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
just pick a damn kicker and be done with it.

i so much agree, i did not think they were going to extend this drama into game week. i can not believe we have come so far just to be stopped or distracted by this crap with our kicker
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Akers attempts the kick, IT IS BLOCKED, but the stupid Packers pick it up and try to return it instead of falling on it, commotion ensues, Andy Lee strips the ball, Akers picks it up and hobbles down the field and laterals it to Goldson right before he is tackled, THE BAND IS ON THE FIELD, and Goldson scores the game winning TD. The end.

and then goldson flings his helmet off and the touchdown is called back. dogs then start to form in packs, blood starts to run down the church walls and the world ends
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

and then goldson flings his helmet off and the touchdown is called back. dogs then start to form in packs, blood starts to run down the church walls and the world ends
Originally posted by sfninerfanMax:

we win !!