There are 315 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Kaepernick vs RGIII and others - Statistical Comparison...

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
You area already wrong. Kaep plaed like 7 3/4 games. Not 7.0. So your statistical analysis is already off. Didn't Smith get knocked out pretty early in that game? Kaep played most of it. Kaep played close to 8 full games. Just about 1 quarter short of that. So 7.0 would not be accurate.

Why don't you read the OP next time.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
CK7 >>>> RG3

You are either a homer or never watched the Redskins. If the Redskin receivers don't lead the league in drops they are close, their best receiver Pierre Garcon has missed 1/2 the season. 49er receivers are worlds better than Washington's. If RG3 was a 49er he would put much better numbers.
Originally posted by Marvin49:
You area already wrong. Kaep plaed like 7 3/4 games. Not 7.0. So your statistical analysis is already off. Didn't Smith get knocked out pretty early in that game? Kaep played most of it. Kaep played close to 8 full games. Just about 1 quarter short of that. So 7.0 would not be accurate.

Really? Thats how you are gonna come at me? "You are already wrong"? Dude...come on, gimme a little credit here. Of course he played LESS than 3 quarters of the first Rams game (Smith threw his TD to Crab in the second Quarter).

Thats probably why I tallied his totals only in the games that he STARTED. I didn't just take all of his stats and divide them by 7. For example (and I don't have the numbers in front of me), I did my math based on just over 1600 yards, not the 1814 he had on the year and I didn't give him credit for the TD he scored on the ground or the yards he gained against the Rams in that first game.

RGIII started 15 games so I did my analysis only on STARTS. IMO, it's only fair to compare games they prepared for as the starter.

RG3 can snap the ball without time running out. All delay of game penalties and timeouts with Kaep. I like his upside but I'm not sure yet. He can be great for sure (Kaep). He's just not there yet.
Originally posted by BobS:
CK7 >>>> RG3

You are either a homer or never watched the Redskins. If the Redskin receivers don't lead the league in drops they are close, their best receiver Pierre Garcon has missed 1/2 the season. 49er receivers are worlds better than Washington's. If RG3 was a 49er he would put much better numbers.

Debatable.
CK7 >>>> RG3

I have watched alot of Redskins game. And I can say for sure that I think CK7 is a better passer (better arm strength and accuracy than RG3). Plus, Washington calls alot of read options for RG3.

Really? Thats how you are gonna come at me? "You are already wrong"? Dude...come on, gimme a little credit here. Of course he played LESS than 3 quarters of the first Rams game (Smith threw his TD to Crab in the second Quarter).

Thats probably why I tallied his totals only in the games that he STARTED. I didn't just take all of his stats and divide them by 7. For example (and I don't have the numbers in front of me), I did my math based on just over 1600 yards, not the 1814 he had on the year and I didn't give him credit for the TD he scored on the ground or the yards he gained against the Rams in that first game.

RGIII started 15 games so I did my analysis only on STARTS. IMO, it's only fair to compare games they prepared for as the starter.

RG3 can snap the ball without time running out. All delay of game penalties and timeouts with Kaep. I like his upside but I'm not sure yet. He can be great for sure (Kaep). He's just not there yet.

Well....

1) That has nothing to do with what you said.
2) RGIII isn't running an offense that depends on numerous line shifts, depends on a line call (Kill or Let it Roll) on EVERY down, or waits until the very last second before every snap to force the D to declare.

I can do this all day.
Originally posted by ginseng1000:
CK7 >>>> RG3

I have watched alot of Redskins game. And I can say for sure that I think CK7 is a better passer (better arm strength and accuracy than RG3). Plus, Washington calls alot of read options for RG3.

Yeah...they run the Pistol alot more than the Niners do. Thats one of the reasons RGIII has so many carries and over 800 rushing yards.
There's already a thread for this...

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl/169626-griffin-or-kaepernick/search=Griffin
Originally posted by paperplanemedia:
There's already a thread for this...

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl/169626-griffin-or-kaepernick/search=Griffin

Its also about Luck and Wilson.
Arm Strength: CK > RG3
Accuracy: CK > RG3

as far as mobility and speed i think its up in the air...

I love Kaep as much as the next guy, but come on. RGIII is much more accurate (didn't you see the comparison in the OP?) and he literally is an Olympic level hurdler.
Originally posted by Chrs0049:
Arm Strength: CK > RG3
Accuracy: CK > RG3

as far as mobility and speed i think its up in the air...

I love Kaep as much as the next guy, but come on. RGIII is much more accurate (didn't you see the comparison in the OP?) and he literally is an Olympic level hurdler.

Not sure about the accuracy thing as Kaep completes alot more 25 plus yard passes than RGIII.

As far as the hurdler thing...agreed. RGIII is a TREMENDOUS athlete. My conmcern with him is and has always been size and possible fragility.
the real question is who has the biggest turtle
CK7 >>>> RG3

nobody has ever accused me of being a homer that I can assure of. I have seen him play and he runs gimmick offense that doesn't have make more than one or two reads. He is good and I think he has a bright future but I think CK also has bright future. The receiver part is debatable.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Is SD. Please don't take anything he says serious. As a matter of fact, you should just ignore anything that he posts in any thread. You/everybody will be much better off.

Awe, he got his feelings hurt and reported me.
  • WWFGD
  • Veteran
Marvin49,

You are without a doubt my favorite poster in the Webzone. Great analysis and great videos! Keep it up!!!