There are 275 users in the forums

Griffin or Kaepernick?

Shop 49ers game tickets

Griffin or Kaepernick?

If you were Jim Harbaugh, and had the opportunity to pick between these two as your starting QB (considering both players body of work this season), who would you pick!?
Nice thread.

Going with Kaepernick. Because he's cheaper, wanted to be a 49ers since 4th grade, just as skilled, and comes with tattoos!
Originally posted by verb1der:
Nice thread.

Going with Kaepernick. Because he's cheaper, wanted to be a 49ers since 4th grade, just as skilled, and comes with tattoos!

last two QB's who were niner fans and we didn't draft them...things could have been so different if we got one of those guys...glad Kaep didn't slip away....
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I take CK because he's a bit bigger and is a local guy.
Blake Griffin
Peter Griffin
Kaep. Griffin strikes me as a guy that's going to get hurt and shorten his career.
Agree! Griffin is going to be missing games the next 3 years, will be a liability to the owner, will have to learn to stay in the pocket to have a long career, he is not big, how tall is he 5:10 ?
Originally posted by ninerfan52:
Agree! Griffin is going to be missing games the next 3 years, will be a liability to the owner, will have to learn to stay in the pocket to have a long career, he is not big, how tall is he 5:10 ?

6'2"

And a fine qb. As is Luck.

RG3, my god this board has lost all objectivity whatsoever
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by vrabbit:

Why? Kaep has all the measurables Griffin has, while beating him soundly in the mental department (if you put any stock in Wonderlic scores). We don't have the benefit of watching Kaep play like this for a full season, but if his first five games were projected onto an entire season, there's no way you'd be complaining for objectivity.

RG3: 24 total TD, 6 total turnovers, 2902 passing yards, 748 rushing yards in 13 games

Kap (as a starter): 9 total TD, 3 total turnovers, 1088 passing yards, 202 rushing yards in 5 games --> projected over 13 games: 23 total TD, 8 turnovers, 2829 passing yards, 525 rushing yards

and that's ASSUMING, for your convenience, that his projected numbers don't take a hit.

RG3 was the superior prospect coming in, and he's been just about everything he was hyped up to be. I ain't knocking Kap at all, I'm excited for him, but I'd take RG3 over him
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

Why? Kaep has all the measurables Griffin has, while beating him soundly in the mental department (if you put any stock in Wonderlic scores). We don't have the benefit of watching Kaep play like this for a full season, but if his first five games were projected onto an entire season, there's no way you'd be complaining for objectivity.

RG3: 24 total TD, 6 total turnovers, 2902 passing yards, 748 rushing yards in 13 games

Kap (as a starter): 9 total TD, 3 total turnovers, 1088 passing yards, 202 rushing yards in 5 games --> projected over 13 games: 23 total TD, 8 turnovers, 2829 passing yards, 525 rushing yards

and that's ASSUMING, for your convenience, that his projected numbers don't take a hit.

RG3 was the superior prospect coming in, and he's been just about everything he was hyped up to be. I ain't knocking Kap at all, I'm excited for him, but I'd take RG3 over him

RG3 also been injured twice already. He seems a little small and fragile to continue that style of play also I think Kap is a better pocked passer.
Originally posted by susweel:

RG3 also been injured twice already. He seems a little small and fragile to continue that style of play also I think Kap is a better pocked passer.

you guys are reaching
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by susweel:

you guys are reaching

Not reaching at all Im just stating my opinion both are good young players lets see what the future holds for them.
Share 49ersWebzone