There are 81 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Bring back Moss?

He can still play a little bit. A shadow of what he once was but he still has the skills to be a valuable contributor. I could see him retiring if we win the superbowl though.
Moss has a lot to teach, and is willing to teach.

Everyone is willing to learn from him.
yea i would, we not exactly deep at WR, manningham injury could go well into next years season. and jenkins doesnt seem to be the answer either.
[ Edited by PRIMETIME21 on Jan 2, 2013 at 9:23 AM ]
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by susweel:
No

he's washed up
well he is a better second wide out than anyone we had last year at this point in time we need him esp since vernon is now playing the role of the invisible man

he's gonna be 36 next year and probably slower. we need to move on find a younger player.
No

he's washed up
well he is a better second wide out than anyone we had last year at this point in time we need him esp since vernon is now playing the role of the invisible man

he's gonna be 36 next year and probably slower. we need to move on find a younger player.

What's wrong with renewing his contract and letting him compete for a roster spot? If he earns it, great, if not buh-bye. No reason to just kick him to the curb.
Yes.

I never thought I'd say this, but more for what he brings OFF the field than on.

He's not the same guy he used to be, but he really doesn't need to be. I still think he can be a HUGE redzone threat if Colin could just get the ball to him over his head.
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Moss has a lot to teach, and is willing to teach.

Everyone is willing to learn from him.

This.
Originally posted by Jakemall:
No

he's washed up

What's wrong with renewing his contract and letting him compete for a roster spot? If he earns it, great, if not buh-bye. No reason to just kick him to the curb.

thats cool if he's willing to take that but I think he will probably just retire.

I hate watching great players try to hang on like that.
"Washed up"???

Sorry, but that's kind of silly. He's got 3 TD receptions and a 15.5 yard per catch average. He's got one TD of 55 yards and he's still a reliable receiver. Add to that his value as a teacher and team mate and I think that if he wants to return, they should give him another shot to compete for a roster spot.
Yea maybe if they can't find a better option. But he's old and can't get deep consistently any longer. he did a decent job and was/is good for the team and locker room. he's just old. The team needs to find a young deep threat.
i say yes cause i wanna see him get a ring with us
if it wasn't for all these injuries this year, i would say we would be the runaway favorites to win the superbowl, we still can win it this year though.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
No

he's washed up

am not arguing with you my friend but of course they thought they had that with jenkins but you are right, we need to get some young good guys in here as we have no clue how mario will be next year, no clue if kyle will be back and we know or at least hope, ginn will be gone.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
if it wasn't for all these injuries this year, i would say we would be the runaway favorites to win the superbowl, we still can win it this year though.
our big issues are s**tty pass protection, penalties on both sides of the ball and the at times the team coming out not ready to play,, none of those things can be blamed on injuries in my opinion
Originally posted by iohk:
Randy moss is on the niners because he loves weed and the lenient SF weed laws, seriously im not kidding. he will be back

Most ridiculous thing I've read in a while.

He doesn't live in SF and the Niners aren't even based in SF.

This was either a very poor attempt at humor (despite the "I'm not kidding" part) or a very misinformed, ignorant assumption.