There are 199 users in the forums

The 12th Man

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
We don't pump in crowd noise like seattle, so we aren't going to be as loud as them.

maybe we should

the shape of the stadium helps amplify the crowd noise in seattle.

is our new stadium gonna amplify the corwd ?
Originally posted by redrazer45:
I live in rochester,ny 1 hour from buffalo. Fan since85 . Made it to the stick this year , Opening day against the Lions . I stood up and screamed my a%$^ off. Drank JACK AND COKE in the extra point before the game, think thats what it was called ?

Sat in upper box sec 26 row 2 , Mint seats 49er sideline on the 30. I stood up and yelled and peeps told me to sit down. Are u kidding me ? Came 2800 miles to the stick to see my childhood team ( seen niners 2 times in buffalo ) NOBODYS telling me to sit down.

I will be in my basement man cave , with my Red and Gold on..... Drinkin JACK and eating venison sausage ,(yes i kill dear and i eat them ) (but i do like wine and cheese too. cutting it with my BUCK knife and roarin at the tv.

GO 49ERS !

This man sacrifices wild animals and eats them for his Niners!!!!

I feel my efforts are totally inadequate after reading this. Must step up my efforts.

Will shoot and BBQ a squirrel next weekend, BALEEEED DAT!

If the 49ers ownership had any sense it would.

The architects that designed Century Link Field called the way the sound is directed toward the field a "happy accident."

If any owners don't consider this when they are building their new stadiums they are fools. The happy accident should become one of the fundamental design principals all stadium designers utilize from here on out!
  • THEB
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ballistic:
a lot of the "fans" in the lower east stands tell you to sit down because you're obstructing their view

the "I've had season tix since Kezar" clowns, so automatically- they're superior to you.

this is when the Niners are on D and it's 3rd and whatever, too

it's a joke, really.

cheese & whine fans.

This has happened to me multiple times. its so f**king annoying. wanna sit down then go to a baseball game.

I hope our new stadium policy doesnt enforce this s**t.
Originally posted by THEB:
This has happened to me multiple times. its so f**king annoying. wanna sit down then go to a baseball game.

I hope our new stadium policy doesnt enforce this s**t.
That's pretty ridiculous.

I've had Seahawk tickets since 99', and pretty much regardless of venue, if the teams on defense, nobody says anything.

If the team is on offense, sometimes people will ask others to sit down.

In my experience, the Seattle front office is top notch in responding to fan inquiries. I would contact the 49er front office. suggest maybe designating several sections to those that want to get rowdy (i/e the black hole, dawg pound, etc.) Then they can help create a rowdier home field advantage, and still save face with the wine snobs.
a lot of the "fans" in the lower east stands tell you to sit down because you're obstructing their view

the "I've had season tix since Kezar" clowns, so automatically- they're superior to you.

it's a joke, really.

cheese & whine fans.

I agree. i sat in the Lower east stands for the first time Sunday against Arizona and it so tame compared to my normal seats in the end zone. Nobdody stood up when the D was on 3rd down.
I always thought the perfect game day giveaway would be a plastic or paper cup with the bottom cut out so the fans can use to yell through.
even the jags pack their stadium as awful as they are

still louder than the stick

now you're just talking out of your ass.
Anybody else notice at the Arizona game when you heard SHHHHHHH come out of the speakers when the Niners were on offense. It is so embarrassing to have to remind fans to be quiet when the team is on offense.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
We don't pump in crowd noise like seattle, so we aren't going to be as loud as them.

maybe we should

the shape of the stadium helps amplify the crowd noise in seattle.

it doesn't look like it will.

the shape of the partial roof over the seats in seattle makes everything echo. won't have that in the santa clara stadium.

Originally posted by dwy621:

it's a joke, really.

cheese & whine fans.

I agree. i sat in the Lower east stands for the first time Sunday against Arizona and it so tame compared to my normal seats in the end zone. Nobdody stood up when the D was on 3rd down.

I was at the game a few years back (i think it was seattle home opener last year) Well, this man brought his 70+ yr old mother in law with him and she sat next to me. I was making noise on defense and she was shaking like she was having convulsions. I guess the crowd noise was getting to her, and since i was making alot of noise, the son in law respectfully asked me to quiet my noise level out of respect to his mother in law. I did for a bit, got drunk, and was louder than all hell in the 4th quarter. Soon after that, the son and mother in laws left our section.
  • THEB
  • Veteran
it doesn't look like it will.

the shape of the partial roof over the seats in seattle makes everything echo. won't have that in the santa clara stadium.

We will have noise bouncing off the huge suite tower, so itll probably be louder than the stick, bot not nearly as loud at seattle.
or change title. Reminding me too much of the Seacocks when I see it.
Originally posted by maltz88:

If the 49ers ownership had any sense it would.

The architects that designed Century Link Field called the way the sound is directed toward the field a "happy accident."

If any owners don't consider this when they are building their new stadiums they are fools. The happy accident should become one of the fundamental design principals all stadium designers utilize from here on out!

niner ownership consider "fan experience" when designing the stadium. i.e. views of the field and surround area, shopping, access..... etc. i dunno if you've been to candlestick, but access was one of the hot topics when designing the new stadium.

i wouldn't call it foolish to not have it, it's a great feature to have, but many owners will look at it as additional cost that could be used in other ways, depending on the what else.... that would make that foolish.
Originally posted by dwy621:
Anybody else notice at the Arizona game when you heard SHHHHHHH come out of the speakers when the Niners were on offense. It is so embarrassing to have to remind fans to be quiet when the team is on offense.

Yeah I noticed that I can't believe we still need to do that. Might as well hand flyers with instructions to everyone when they walk into the stadium
Share 49ersWebzone