There are 297 users in the forums

If Fangio leaves, who would you want at DC?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

If Fangio leaves, who would you want at DC?

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Bill Belichick
Mike Tomlin
Pete Carroll
John Fox
Jeff Fisher
Mike Smith
Leslie Frazier

all disagree with you....amongst others.
dont forget seifart!
I'd like to see us promote from within. Donatell, Tomsula, Leavitt would all be good choices, provided Fangio doesn't take one of them with him.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
dont forget seifart!

I was trying to stay current era :)
even if gire
Fangios not going anywhere! If he was going to be a head coach, it would have happened in the last 20 years he's been coaching
Originally posted by ninercrue666:
Fangios not going anywhere! If he was going to be a head coach, it would have happened in the last 20 years he's been coaching

Lovie Smith
Originally posted by JayPap:
Mike Nolan

Say what you want about Nolan, as a HC, but i personally feel he is a damn good DC.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Say what you want about Nolan, as a HC, but i personally feel he is a damn good DC.

This, plus the core of this team was basically built during the Nolan era.
Originally posted by ninercrue666:

To anyone saying Fangio isn't a candidate, consider the situation in which Gamble gets hired as GM somewhere. Fangio could be on his radar

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:

This, plus the core of this team was basically built during the Nolan era.

That also. And the team he inherited was probably the least talented team in the history of the game.

Like i said, he had alot of shortcomings as a HC, But he is one of the best DC's in the league, and he was a pretty good talent evaluator, and did alot to turn this team in the direction it it currently in. Just couldnt put it all together as a HC. The major thing he lacked was the ability to put a solid coaching staff together after his staff was picked off one by one after his first two seasons.
Ray Rhodes just so he could resurrect his good ol' "losing is like letting someone come in your house and beat your kids and rape your wife" analogy to get the players pumped up.
Ray Lewis
no way Fangio leaves us
if fangio leaves (not sure), then give tomsula the promotion. if you have watched closely on sidelines, coach tomsula is involved not only with his DLine players but also gives support to the rest of D core. after singletary was fired, tomsula brought a shattered locker room and done a decent job while he was the interim head coach plus knows about X & O as D.C. and H.C. back then in nfl europe.
Share 49ersWebzone