There are 121 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

If Roman leaves, who would you want at OC?

If Roman leaves, who would you want at OC?

Originally posted by 5280High:
Shurmur (no e) or Turner, the rest would have me worried about taking a step back.

No way on Norv. I think he does a good job, but there is no way Harbaugh is going to switch to a different nomenclature system, and there is no way Norv is going to suddenly convert to the WCO after decades in the digital system. 2 different languages, and 2 guys that do it their way.
I see it for another reason Wrath, but nice post...and you are only too right.
Originally posted by AUniner:
So if Roman is gone who from our coaching staff would he want to take?

Tomsula, Donatell, Seely, Fangio, Chryst, Solari....... pretty much everyone asides from Harbaugh? :P
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Originally posted by 5280High:
Shurmur (no e) or Turner, the rest would have me worried about taking a step back.

No way on Norv. I think he does a good job, but there is no way Harbaugh is going to switch to a different nomenclature system, and there is no way Norv is going to suddenly convert to the WCO after decades in the digital system. 2 different languages, and 2 guys that do it their way.

Thats what I said. There is simply no way a "well known" coordinator comes to SF unless he fills the same space that Roman occupied as the "run game coordinator" as well as primary play caller and nothing more because we will never switch to a different system then what Harbaugh has implemented. We will be a team that promotes from within unless the circumstances make such a move nearly impossible.

Bringing in anybody like Norv, Shurmur, Mularkey, etc wont mean a thing besides possibly having someone who would simply be a better play caller in terms of timing and ability to avoid the "dumb play" which still falls on Harbaugh to some degree because all play calls are relayed through him. But I dont see anybody willingly "leaving their scheme behind" to join our staff.
[ Edited by sfout on Jan 10, 2013 at 5:57 PM ]
Turd Furgeson
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by AUniner:
So if Roman is gone who from our coaching staff would he want to take?

Tomsula, Donatell, Seely, Fangio, Chryst, Solari....... pretty much everyone asides from Harbaugh? :P

LOL sorry turrible question. Should have been who do you think he will take. I think bringing in a group of coaches/coordinators would be one of the hardest jobs in the league.
Looks like Romans chances of leaving have substantially grown. Norv looks like hes going to cleveland. Hopefully there are still good options whenever he leaves.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Looks like Romans chances of leaving have substantially grown. Norv looks like hes going to cleveland. Hopefully there are still good options whenever he leaves.

Ault to FULLY install the pistol