LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 251 users in the forums

If Roman leaves, who would you want at OC?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

If Roman leaves, who would you want at OC?

Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
I'm tellin ya..Mike Mularkey

i hope not!

Why not? He's a good OC, and he won't be a HC candidate again anytime soon.
I doubt we bring in a big name. Promote from within run Harboughs system like we have been.
Mularkey ran Harbaugh's system before he did...I am not kidding, go back and take a look at the steelers and falcons under his offense.

Just ignore his tenure with the dolphins under Saban..nobody could have succeeded there.
Originally posted by VA49er:
David Shaw

This is who Harbaugh would select.
Originally posted by 21SandersMoss84:
David Shaw

LOL shaw is not leaving from being a hc at stanford to an oc
My preferences are as follow:

1. Pat Shurmur
2. Marc Trestman
3. Norv Turner
4. Pep Hamilton
5. Mike Mularkey
still lol at Bill Cosby....i mean Jimmy Ray!
[ Edited by Rockeyfromask on Jan 8, 2013 at 7:38 PM ]
1. I will there was a way to get Bill Callahan away from the Cowboys.

2. Marty Mornhinweg

3. Mike Mularkey

What do you guys think?
Guys whoever we get to replace Roman will be just a running game OC. Harbaugh calls the passing plays.
Chris Ault and this team will run the pistol offense like its going out of style.

Originally posted by Grifter420:
Chris Ault and this team will run the pistol offense like its going out of style.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
David Shaw

LOL shaw is not leaving from being a hc at stanford to an oc

Harbaugh will make him an offer he can't refuse.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Pat Shurmer, brilliant offensive coordinator/mind. Trained under Andy Reid half his career, would actually help Kaepernick's skill level (cause his style, like Reid's is similar to Holmgren's, properly utilizes a QB who can let it 'rip').

Problem is Shurmur's going to KC to follow the big Walrus and develop Landry Jones.
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Agreed.

Anyone who wants Norv, after seeing how different and flat out BETTER our offense is with Greg Roman, is a moron.

Norv is not going to match the kind of creativity that is helping us win games at the moment.

What creativity????? He runs a bunch of gimmicks that 90% of the time don't work. He was a college running game coordinator, he does fine with the running game, he's absolute s**t when it comes to the passing game. At least Turner is an accomplished guy who can call both the run and the pass.

How did that creativity help against the Vikings, the Rams(both games), the Seahawks, the Giants....etc. He has no balance, no idea of how to properly call a game, he runs when he should pass, he passes when he should run, like in the Minnesota game. In the Rams game, the cornerbacks were playing off the WR's by about 10 yards, so what does he do? Runs the ball up the middle over and over so Gore can get his ass kicked. BRB, call an option play with Ted Ginn who has caught 1 pass the entire year, at the end of the game, up by 8, backed up against your own endzone.

This team is winning and has been winning largely as a result of their defense, when the defense isn't up to the task, the 49ers get slaughtered because the offense can't handle the burden because the playcalling is garbage.

The win/loss record speaks for itself.

You want to go from all of our innovative uses of motion & personnel to... Norv Turner and the digit system.

We took two steps forward, and now you want us to take three steps back.

If we're winning 12 games a year, 90% of the time his playcalling IS working duder.

Some people dont get that the 10% is often run just to set up the other 90% as well...

Not every play is going to go for a TD some are just there to change pace, offer different looks, or sell the D on a tendancy that isnt really there.
I generally agree with Phoenix. I am not a fan of Roman.
double post
[ Edited by WINiner on Jan 8, 2013 at 9:44 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone