There are 318 users in the forums

49ers sign Billy Cundiff

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
f**k kicking field goals just go for it on fourth downs
Originally posted by susweel:

go for it anytime if its over 40 yards, if the down and distance down line up, punt it
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by susweel:

go for it anytime if its over 40 yards, if the down and distance down line up, punt it

madden rules
Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN
49ers announce they have signed K Billy Cundiff to one-year contract. To make room on roster for Cundiff, OLB Eric Bakhtiari was waived.
replace david akers with akers clone
This has to be one of Harbaugh's 'psychological' mind-f**k games to get David back into the right mindset. -If I was Akers I'd be pretty damn pist right now to know that piece of s**t Cundiff could be taking my job.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
49ers are the 11 team he as been on lol
I wonder if Akers injury is more serious than we thought or if he really is just struggling.

Hopefully Cundiff does make some fgs if he does play
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
This has to be one of Harbaugh's 'psychological' mind-f**k games to get David back into the right mindset. -If I was Akers I'd be pretty damn pist right now to know that piece of s**t Cundiff could be taking my job.

I think Akers is the least surprised person this is happening. He stinks, he knows it. If you don't get your job done, you get replaced.
i wanted olindo mare before the bears snagged him up a few weeks back

Olindo Mare missed more chippy FGs that cost his teams games than Cundiff did last year.

Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN
49ers announce they have signed K Billy Cundiff to one-year contract. To make room on roster for Cundiff, OLB Eric Bakhtiari was waived.

Damn, this dude just can't stick on a roster. Almost feel bad for him.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
If its passed the 20 just go for it. FGs are gonna doom us otherwise.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Another no balls move by Harbaugh.

Waste a roster spot to carry an extra kicker? For what? To light a fire under Akers? If Akers is hurt (which I think is the problem)...put him on IR and sign a new guy. If Akers has just lost it, cut him and sign the new guy.

Or just go to Akers and tell him..."I have faith you'll get it together".
Originally posted by Schulzy:
i wanted olindo mare before the bears snagged him up a few weeks back

Olindo Mare missed more chippy FGs that cost his teams games than Cundiff did last year.

just going by his recent stats....89% in 08....92% in 09....83% in 10.....78% in 11
Originally posted by kray28:
Another no balls move by Harbaugh.

Waste a roster spot to carry an extra kicker? For what? To light a fire under Akers? If Akers is hurt (which I think is the problem)...put him on IR and sign a new guy. If Akers has just lost it, cut him and sign the new guy.

Or just go to Akers and tell him..."I have faith you'll get it together".

i dont see it as a waste. bahktiari was released, unless someone picks him up before our next game we can always cut a kicker and refill the roster spot with him. this allows both to practice until game time and determine which way you'll go. i dont see 2 kickers active for the game.
Share 49ersWebzone