LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 164 users in the forums

49ers sign Billy Cundiff

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by JamesGatz83:
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
sign cundiff? No no way.. did u watch the Ravens vs New England at NFCC last year that he missed the goal at 30 to 40 yards somethings that means short yards? Ravens was hurt for lost game cuz all blame at Cundiff!!!!! why why why sign cundiff? no no no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What in the hell did you just say?

Everyone questioning Harbaugh needs a reality check.

Cundiff was 27 of 31 from under 50 yards last year, so despite his lack of range, he should be more reliable than Akers has been.

Chill off Buzz, hes obviously not a native english speaker. And his google translate has made for so many good times on the web zone. I know you couldn't have known im just saying.
Originally posted by JamesGatz83:
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
sign cundiff? No no way.. did u watch the Ravens vs New England at NFCC last year that he missed the goal at 30 to 40 yards somethings that means short yards? Ravens was hurt for lost game cuz all blame at Cundiff!!!!! why why why sign cundiff? no no no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What in the hell did you just say?

Everyone questioning Harbaugh needs a reality check.

Cundiff was 27 of 31 from under 50 yards last year, so despite his lack of range, he should be more reliable than Akers has been.

Who cares what he did last season. David Akers made 44 field goals last season and now he sucks
Cundiff was terrible this season, he choked like 3 times in 2 games for the redskins and then they cut him

Now we have 2 s**tty kickers instead of 1. Oh well.
Its a good signing, I'm not sure if Akers is over his injury yet.
Originally posted by pahlerbj:

That's also where Akers' jersey arrives when you order it.
To all of you saying this is a bad signing, what would you expect JH to do? He is going with his best available option.

Also, don't forget that Candlestick has nasty winds; the kicker needs to be able to kick in that stadium. If Cundiff can't then Akers gets the call. Hopefully, whomever JH picks to play doesn't screw it up for the team.
[ Edited by longtime49erfan on Jan 1, 2013 at 7:09 PM ]
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Why not go after Rackers? Or Kasay? Or anyone else...Cundiff isn't good.

every kicker available has their warts, be it age or production or whatever, thats why they're available

Neil Rackers doesn't. He's always been pretty good and was really good last year.
SWEET CAROLINE!!!!
Wow what a bunch of cry babies in here. I guess everyone forgot Akers sucked when he was in Phili. Kicking is so mental. Maybe some time off and new scenery will put a spark in Cundiff.

Signing Cundiff isn't as questionable when Harb maid the QB switch.
Originally posted by jcashen87:
Chill off Buzz, hes obviously not a native english speaker. And his google translate has made for so many good times on the web zone. I know you couldn't have known im just saying.

The English wasn't so much the cause of confusion as the overreaction.

Billy Cundiff is by no means a cure-all or even a desirable solution, but let's all calm down.

If he even kicks for us at all, it will be because our coaching staff (which has brought us from a decade of disaster to back-to-back playoff byes) believes he is more reliable than Akers. That's good enough for me.

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Championship.
Maybe Cundiff and Akers can have a bet in practice, whomever hits above 50% accuracy... wins.
  • vaden
  • Veteran
Great, we signed one of the most prolific chokers in NFL history. The sad thing is he's probably better than Akers, who should've been cut weeks ago.
I figured out a nickname for him if he sucks for us.

c**tdiff.
Originally posted by 49erfanatic:
We should have signed Nate Kaeding while we had the chance.

Nah, he was hurt too, plus missed a FG sunday.
Share 49ersWebzone