There are 122 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

If no SB, Is this Season considered a Bust!

If no SB, Is this Season considered a Bust!

Nope.
IMO every season is super bowl or bust.

I understand thats not realistic, but thats the expectations i have as a 49ers fan.

Realisticly, anything less than playing in the NFC championship game this season, and we screwed the pooch somewhere.
This will be a bust if we dont win now and the years to come.We got a S.B. team!
Originally posted by InHarbsWeTrust:
Originally posted by Tman:
yes, you gotta be kidding yourself if you didnt think we were STRONG super bowl contenders when the season began. now with a number of factors weighing against that (injuries, poor decision at the qb position) it is not looking as strong but it is still a BUST if we do not win the superbowl.

So the qb change above the d being worse, turnover ratio and poor special teams as to why SB expectations aren't looking as strong?

Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:

Looks like our best QB is on the bench

Thanks valrod
Yes it would. This team won't be in tact forever.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Yes we made the championship game last year. and had a legitimate chance to make the superbowl. But the reality is.... we only won 1 playoff game last year. Then followed it up by not converting not 1 3rd down (last play of the half when the D was playing 50 yards off doesn't count in my book.)

So clinging to the we should have been in the superbowl last year so this year we have to make it or it's a bust isn't realistic thinking.
Hell yeah it would be.
Originally posted by truekingcarlos:
Harbozo + Kapow = ?????

Can it happen? Will it get done? Will they win us the big dance?

I'm officially pessimistic now...
So I take it you have no concerns with a shaky kicker and a defense that has given up a ton of points over the the last six quarters?
yes, you gotta be kidding yourself if you didnt think we were STRONG super bowl contenders when the season began. now with a number of factors weighing against that (injuries, poor decision at the qb position) it is not looking as strong but it is still a BUST if we do not win the superbowl.

So the qb change above the d being worse, turnover ratio and poor special teams as to why SB expectations aren't looking as strong?

Thanks valrod

Holly crap, those numbers dont lie. The one that stands out most if the Redzone. And also the three and out. Thanks for posting that, i had been looking for a breakdown like that. Can you post a link to where you found that? i would like to see the article that seems to go with it.
[ Edited by IdahoNiner on Dec 29, 2012 at 7:45 PM ]
ummm, 2 years ago, we were an NFL doormat for nearly a decade. So no complaint here about a playoff spot or a no show at the big dance.
Yes. No Super Bowl, or not getting close, and this will be a tremendous disappointment.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:

Thanks valrod

Holly crap, those numbers dont lie. The one that stands out most if the Redzone. And also the three and out. Thanks for posting that, i had been looking for a breakdown like that. Can you post a link to where you found that? i would like to see the article that seems to go with it.

Wow. Smith beats CK in every statistical category outside of a .7% difference in 3rd downs right now. Based on # of drives, he also has done more with less opportunities too. This is probably why some have commented saying that Harbaugh may have ruined our SB chances.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Dec 29, 2012 at 9:47 PM ]
I watch football for entertainment. If the 49ers show up and compete week in week out, I consider it a successful year
fml
  • Pick6
  • Veteran
I can't believe these results... seriously a bust? Are you kidding me. Quick question, how many teams in NFL history have won the super bowl? A - 18... in the history of the NFL only 18 teams have won the super bowl. 32 teams and 1 teams win's it all... the odds are stacked against every team including the favorite each year. According to vegas we were the third most likely team to win the super bowl behind the Patriots and the Packers (you may recall we beat both of those teams this year) at 9-1 odds. One chance in 9 that we would win the super bowl... yes those odds were better than most teams, but as with any team I would ALWAYS take the field to win against anyone team in particular.

This mind set that the season will be a BUST if we don't win the super bowl is simply asinine. Depending on where you look we are still among the favorites to win... in fact after their win against the Pats most books had the 9ers as the favorites. Last year the odds were 400-1. The Giants were 15-1 and there were 9 teams ahead of them... look at super bowl history and look at the odds of the winners... not good. The average Super Bowl winner the last 4 years has 25-1 odds. Lets play a gambling game... you put up $500 and I will put the numbers 1 through 25 in a hat... I'll pull out ONE number and if its yours you win... if its any of the other 24 then I win - who wants in on this sweet action? Even if you go at 9-1... OR the current book average is about 6-1. You give me 5-8 chances to win against your 1 and I'll take those odds every time.

I'm sorry but your gonna be disappointed more times than not if your a Super Bowl or bust fan. People clearly don't understand how difficult it is to win it all no matter how good your team is.