There are 144 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

If no SB, Is this Season considered a Bust!

If no SB, Is this Season considered a Bust!

I ask this question because of regardless of the change at QB, having a couple big players down on offense and defense, I read this statement in almost every other page of a lot of threads, i read a lot where some say if we didnt win the SB this season it's a bust. And some say that no it's not because we always have next year.

just curious as to what everyone else's thoughts are.

And please lets not make this about any one player or position. But if we dont make it to the SB, with all that we have endured as a team this year. Would this season be a bust.
Yes.

Harbozo will have turned a super bowl contender into a wild card with his shenanigans
HELL YES IT WILL!!! We were the favorites going in, we had it etched in stone...just kidding. But we were clearly the best team in football. Now, not so much.
[ Edited by truekingcarlos on Dec 29, 2012 at 12:51 PM ]
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
Yes.

Harbozo will have turned a super bowl contender into a wild card with his shenanigans

Harbozo...how long did it take for you to come up with that one?
Originally posted by truekingcarlos:
HELL YES!!! We were the favorites going in, we had it etched in stone...just kidding. But we were clearly the best team in football. Now, not so much.

Clearly the best team in football....okay...........

People got their expectations way out of whack, just because they made it to the NFC Championship after having a historic season, a defense that was one of the all-time best, a top special teams unit, a tremendous advantage in turnovers and a relatively easy schedule to get there. Automatically people began assuming that this team would improve on last year's incredible run when all the statistics and basic football history indicated the opposite. There was literally NO way all the chips were going to fall for them the same way as they did last year, the crazy turnover differential wouldn't remain the same and the schedule got a lot tougher.

Last year's team was special and incredibly unique that literally almost everything seemed to go right for them. Seattle seems to be rolling with that mojo this year. The 49ers are a very good team, up there among the league's best teams, but its still a team with some real weaknesses, one of the main ones being a lack of depth on defense, so the effects of every injury are that much more amplified.

There are absolutely no guarantees, obviously you want to win the Superbowl every single season, but if they don't, I'm not going to get emo and start cutting myself or anything. Looking at the big picture, this organization is developing towards a model of a consistently contending team, one that will legimately compete for the Superbowl year in and year out. After almost a decade of "suck", I'm pretty pleased with that and looking forward to the future.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Dec 29, 2012 at 12:55 PM ]
Nope. We are not as good as many people think.
Now like i said, it aint about just one person or position. I just feel the zone overall went from everyone in 100% at the beginning of the season, now it seems almost split. thats why im eager to see what the poll says.
Originally posted by InHarbsWeTrust:
Not anymore...
No

After 8 years of losing I have changed my opinion on what a successful season is. A winning record and making it to the playoffs is now a successful season for me. A super bowl win is a cherry on top that only one team can claim.
Originally posted by truekingcarlos:
Originally posted by InHarbsWeTrust:
Not anymore...

okay I'll bite since Im bored right now.

Why not ?
Originally posted by susweel:
No

After 8 years of losing I have changed my opinion on what a successful season is. A winning record and making it to the playoffs is now a successful season for me. A super bowl win is a cherry on top that only one team can claim.

You gotta be kidding me. You know what the next question is... when did you change your opinion? When a certain guy you hate was replaced?

This year is Superbowl or bust. Everyone knows it.
Originally posted by sacniner:
No

You gotta be kidding me. You know what the next question is... when did you change your opinion? When a certain guy you hate was replaced?

This year is Superbowl or bust. Everyone knows it.

Nope that aint got nothing to do with anything. I said in the same thing in the beginning of the year. I didn't think this team was good enough to be a super bowl lock back then I still feel the same way.
Yes, we were 6 minutes away from the SB last season, so of course my expectations are SB or bust.
Not to me.

1. We have had some major injuries

2. Our Field Goal Kicker has cost us two games and can not be counted on

3. Our run D has been suspect against good running teams

I personally think next year is our year, although a strong showing in the playoffs could make it this year
Nope that aint got nothing to do with anything. I said in the same thing in the beginning of the year. I didn't think this team was good enough to be a super bowl lock back then I still feel the same way.

Nobody is a lock. But, our goals this year was a Superbowl. Even the Cowboy said it. This year. Sorry, but I really don't think you would say that if Smith was the QB. My expectations have been the same regardless. Harbs also, that is supposedly why he put in Kap. He thinks Kap could get us a ring THIS year.