There are 62 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Cowboy Has Partially Torn Tricep

Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
Harbs just said requires surgery, that mean he officially done then?

No, it will require surgery in the offseason
Everyone go to Saturday and Sunday mass and pray for Cowboy.
Originally posted by cwilson830:
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
Harbs just said requires surgery, that mean he officially done then?

No, it will require surgery in the offseason

Which is why I think Justin will indeed start (beyond mixed perceptions), he knows it can't get any better, yet can't really get any worse (because surgery is the only solution), dude wants a ring, and knows this might be his last chance. -We won't be seeing the same Justin Smith out there, but it won't be like not having Justin Smith out there... which is what will band-aid our defense.
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
The problem with an injury like this is it's is usually a lose:lose situation.

If he half asses it, he may not cause more damage but won't be as effective.

You gotta remember that the bench press is chest and triceps and lineman mimic this movement a lot on both sides of the front line.

If he has a high pain tolerance and pushes it too hard, then he tears more tissue to the point of no return.

Maybe Justin Smith has a lot of his power from his lower body and can still move bodies that way. Maybe he can limit push/extension movrments of his injured arm. If he does and is effective, he will need his uniform retired ASAP.

It would be LEGENDARY.

You are, of course, right on the money. I don't see how he can do it. Then again, stranger things have happened.

this is all assuming we know exactly what is going on, I could be wrong but I don't think the WZ has a Dr that has also looked at Justin's xrays and such. Who knows guys if he's saying it's getting better and he'll def be able to roll it could just be a very small tear and the bone spur thing. it's impossible for us to say how well he will play, he could be able to play at the same level just with more pain. God let's hope that's the case lol, either way I look at this news as Golden, we NEED Cowboy
Just put a brace on his arm so it stays extended during games.
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:

yea im sure he will have some kind of brace to hold it up. he wont be as good but probably better than anything else that we have. i think it is just a matter of when we should bring him back. every week he will feel better so its a matter of knowing if our team can win with a JS-less offense every round of the playoffs. i hope harbaugh is good at gambling

He should get a brace like JJ Watt
Originally posted by JustinNiner:

yea im sure he will have some kind of brace to hold it up. he wont be as good but probably better than anything else that we have. i think it is just a matter of when we should bring him back. every week he will feel better so its a matter of knowing if our team can win with a JS-less offense every round of the playoffs. i hope harbaugh is good at gambling

maybe if we play a team we are 100% confident we beat in the 1st round we dress him and don't put him in the game unless the D looks bad?
  • mod
  • Veteran
If Smith plays during the playoffs he'll go down as probably my all time favorite Niner...

GET US THAT RING COWBOY!!!

[ Edited by modninerfan on Dec 29, 2012 at 12:27 AM ]
Originally posted by modninerfan:
If Smith plays during the playoffs he'll go down as probably my all time favorite Niner...

GET US THAT RING COWBOY!!!

Reggie White played with a full cast on his hand for like half a season, and he was still dominant. He just used it as a club.

There are many groovy things you can do with crippled limbs...
That is not the same. A tricep tear is one of the most painful injuries a player can have.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Not scurred. Even he ends up completely tearing the tendon, he'll just cut the useless limb off and get back on the field.

Pfft. Ronnie Lott was a b***h. Bragging about a f**king pinkie. Nobody even uses those... well, maybe English.

How long can Cowboy play before he suffers a full triceps tear? How long can he play before his partial tear reverts back to the level of pain that made him leave the Pats game. I just don't see how he can play and be the monster with a non stop motor were accustomed to without quickly injuring himself further. I hope he beats the odds.
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Not scurred. Even he ends up completely tearing the tendon, he'll just cut the useless limb off and get back on the field.

Pfft. Ronnie Lott was a b***h. Bragging about a f**king pinkie. Nobody even uses those... well, maybe English.

Gotta drink your tea.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by Wodwo:

Gotta drink your tea.

Exactly.

Since you don't play for the 49ers, your pinkie is allowed to be important.

At least, I assume you don't play for the 49ers.... Now wouldn't that be a fun commute.