There are 147 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Cowboy Has Partially Torn Tricep

Originally posted by GNielsen:
No defense goes from great to average because of the loss of one real good defensive lineman. That's just not how it usually works. It may go from great to not as great. That makes sense. They just need to adjust and they obviously didn't fully adjust for that last game. But I think people should keep in mind that the Seahawks offense had a great night as well, even by their standards. Their 3rd down efficiency was off the scale. Wilson had two of the longest timed scrambles for the entire 32 teams seasons in one game. You've got to give some credit to their offense that night and allow that it doesn't always work that well.
well that's three weeks in a row..high scoring I don't it's just a great night
Originally posted by jimmythegreekjr:
Originally posted by GNielsen:
No defense goes from great to average because of the loss of one real good defensive lineman. That's just not how it usually works. It may go from great to not as great. That makes sense. They just need to adjust and they obviously didn't fully adjust for that last game. But I think people should keep in mind that the Seahawks offense had a great night as well, even by their standards. Their 3rd down efficiency was off the scale. Wilson had two of the longest timed scrambles for the entire 32 teams seasons in one game. You've got to give some credit to their offense that night and allow that it doesn't always work that well.
well that's three weeks in a row..high scoring I don't it's just a great night
You mean two weeks, right? The Dolphins scored 13. And, this has been argued over and over, but I think the Patriots explosion didn't have a lot to do with Justin Smith. It was going to a soft zone with a 28 point lead. And, keep in mind that the Niners got three sacks towards the end of that game without Justin Smith in there.
@mattbarrows: Justin Smith said today he'll be ready to play if the playoffs started next week for the 49ers.
Originally posted by GuessWhosOn3rd:
@mattbarrows: Justin Smith said today he'll be ready to play if the playoffs started next week for the 49ers.

That's great news , I hope lmj and Jenkins step up in the playoffs or I think we're doomed on offense

That guy is a true WARRIOR!!!!!! He wants that ring badddddddddddd

I wonder if the coaching staff leaves it up to him whether he goes all out this year, or chooses to have surgery now to prolong his career. I have no doubt that he's got a solid 1-2 years left, but should he further injure himself even during a possible WC round matchup, is it worth it??????
[ Edited by Beezy33 on Dec 28, 2012 at 2:39 PM ]

Like that SI article said...last true American badass. I hope we get that damn bye that way we can give him another week to built strength in the surrounding muscles.
Tape it up tight and Ride em cowboy.
I'm not optimistic. Justin Smith is a warrior. No question about it. But his game is built on raw strength and I just hope his arm can take the pounding. If it can't, it can't, no matter how determined Smith is.
Originally posted by Beezy33:

I wonder if the coaching staff leaves it up to him whether he goes all out this year, or chooses to have surgery now to prolong his career. I have no doubt that he's got a solid 1-2 years left, but should he further injure himself even during a possible WC round matchup, is it worth it??????

This may be his best shot at a ring. I'd say it's worth it.

that is fu*kin nuts.
So Justin Smith is gonna play against the Cards
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
So Justin Smith is gonna play against the Cards

He's not playing this week
Originally posted by Beezy33:

its being said he needs surgery at season end regardless. while he could totally tear it, he'll need surgery even if he doesnt do any more damage
absolute beast!
As awesome as this sounds, I am not holding my breath. Read an article where an orthopedic surgeon said it would take minimum 12 weeks to recover.