There are 83 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Cowboy Has Partially Torn Tricep

I really think he will be back for the playoffs. I really think our doc would have shelfed him it was to bad for him to play. And if there is anyone who could defy the odds of playing with an injury, its totally justin! GO NINERS!!!
Originally posted by ninercrue666:
I really think he will be back for the playoffs. I really think our doc would have shelfed him it was to bad for him to play. And if there is anyone who could defy the odds of playing with an injury, its totally justin! GO NINERS!!!

God damn we need that bye week!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

it just kills me i have to root for those head lice infested vikings fans but you have to do what you have to do
Originally posted by cciowa:

it just kills me i have to root for those head lice infested vikings fans but you have to do what you have to do

Why do you have to root for another team?

You think that your cheer will sway the momentum?

If the answer is yes...then that usually never works out for the team that needs help

Point is never root for a team to help....just let the pieces fall as they may
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by Leathaface:
This is why I hate Kyle Williams. He ruined our one perfect chance at a SB. Unless you have an ELITE QB, you won't contend year in and year out. Things don't always go your way every year. Last year, it was OURS for the taking.

This is why I love Colin Kaepernick.

I'm as big of a CK fan/supporter as anyone, but he has a long way to go before he can be considered great, let alone elite.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Although I agree that Kyle Williams' play pretty much single handedly gifted the Giants the 10 points it took to get the game in overtime and win, I just don't want to hear of anymore of us going on twitter and doing what we did to Kyle Williams and David Akers any more. Fan disappointment is going to happen for certain but we need to internalize our evil thoughts amongst ourselves (not referring to your honest statement but the crazy death threats directed towards players) or people we can safely confide in but threatening the lives of our very own players through social media is unacceptable and a tad bit too dangerous for my taste. I am sure that none of us were a culprit and I hope that we never become one. I just hope that we pull through this adversity with Justin Smith and others out and that the guys remaining can put up a valiant fight and somehow get the job done. I admit I was cursing him pretty good for a few moments after both those plays while watching my television but I am relieved that my words did not fall upon his ears and that I did not do something as foolish as to issue him a death threat directly. I firmly believe that if he doesn't err on those plays we would have stopped NE but they would not have stopped us. We get back Ginn and Delanie is fully healthy, last years Pats don't beat us

I mean I agree with everything you said. I hate him as a player for what he did on the field. Off the field, that stuff has no place in our society.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

If the answer is yes...then that usually never works out for the team that needs help

Its fun, as opposed to just watching it with a blank stare.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Its fun, as opposed to just watching it with a blank stare.

for real. whats wrong with watching a game with a rooting interest? i get bored usually if i dont. stopped watching the falcons after i knew we werent going to catch them.
Certainly doesn't look good now...

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2012/12/28/orthopedic-surgeon-estimates-justin-smiths-recovery-time-at-12-weeks/
Originally posted by Byisgod:

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2012/12/28/orthopedic-surgeon-estimates-justin-smiths-recovery-time-at-12-weeks/

Agreed. I believe he'll go on IR after this week's game and have the surgery ASAP so that he can be 100% at the start of 2013. It's very disappointing, but why risk further injury at this point. We have 8 other Pro-Bowlers who need to step up and get us to the dance. I know we can't fill his shoes with anyone on or off our roster, so everyone else needs to take it to the next level to make this run, otherwise, hello 2013!
Originally posted by Beezy33:

Agreed. I believe he'll go on IR after this week's game and have the surgery ASAP so that he can be 100% at the start of 2013. It's very disappointing, but why risk further injury at this point. We have 8 other Pro-Bowlers who need to step up and get us to the dance. I know we can't fill his shoes with anyone on or off our roster, so everyone else needs to take it to the next level to make this run, otherwise, hello 2013!

Hate to have this viewpoint, but our defense will be average without Smith. He's the anchor. He's directly responsible for the success of Willis, Bowman, and A. Smith. The guy is just not replaceable and because our defense is so dependent on him, we will not be nearly as good without him.

No Smith = No Superbowl. You don't lose arguably the best defensive player in the NFL and rebound from that with others stepping up.

All this being said, this orthopod doesn't know the extent of his injury. He hasn't seen the MRI so his opinion is based on his experience. Smith may have a tear that's on the smaller side.
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Originally posted by Beezy33:

Hate to have this viewpoint, but our defense will be average without Smith. He's the anchor. He's directly responsible for the success of Willis, Bowman, and A. Smith. The guy is just not replaceable and because our defense is so dependent on him, we will not be nearly as good without him.

No Smith = No Superbowl. You don't lose arguably the best defensive player in the NFL and rebound from that with others stepping up.

All this being said, this orthopod doesn't know the extent of his injury. He hasn't seen the MRI so his opinion is based on his experience. Smith may have a tear that's on the smaller side.
Yeah I have to agree, our defense has already regressed from last year with Smith in there..maybe a little because of Paris Harylson injury. With both Harylson and Smith out, the defense will struggle even more..on top of being tired and exhausted from Greg Roman's new pass first offense with CK...
Will JS ever be the same player though?

He'll always have the thought that his triceps could tear after every engagement with an offensive lineman.
No defense goes from great to average because of the loss of one real good defensive lineman. That's just not how it usually works. It may go from great to not as great. That makes sense. They just need to adjust and they obviously didn't fully adjust for that last game. But I think people should keep in mind that the Seahawks offense had a great night as well, even by their standards. Their 3rd down efficiency was off the scale. Wilson had two of the longest timed scrambles for the entire 32 teams seasons in one game. You've got to give some credit to their offense that night and allow that it doesn't always work that well.
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Will JS ever be the same player though?

He'll always have the thought that his triceps could tear after every engagement with an offensive lineman.

I think it's been a pretty good guess, considering Justin Smith's age, that the Niners are going to package a few of their boatload of picks in next year's draft to move up in the first round to take a big stud defensive lineman. Justin Smith is not done, but he's been nearing the end of a great career for a while now. I think the Niners have this year and possibly two more years to get him a ring.