There are 94 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Cowboy Has Partially Torn Tricep

Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Hello Balke, sign someone already. We need Bodies. Anyone on the FA list we can bring in if nothing else?

The San Francisco 49ers announced they have signed DT Lamar Divens and S Curtis Taylor to the practice squad.

RJF is their best bet at the tackle / end position. He knows the scheme and he's capable. Any street free agent wouldn't know the assignments and wouldn't be in shape to start.
[ Edited by redrathman on Dec 27, 2012 at 7:02 PM ]
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
The cowboy will play in the playoffs. BOOK IT.

If he does, and he plays relatively well, that dude should get a shrine at the new stadium. I don't buy jerseys but I would definitely get his. Dude is such an unselfish beast. Throwback warrior.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
JS just should take some HGH or some type of PED's to heal and then just postpone the suspensions if he fails a drug test...seems like the norm for Seattle

lol i was thinking the same thing..
Originally posted by cciowa:
is it time to break out the cyanide kool aid? i am serious cuz this will stop any deep run in the playoffs for us. the JH montra next man up does not apply here in my opinion. hurts us in so many ways including aldon smith becoming a non factor now in my opinion

Am I the only one who has seen Aldon Smith knock lineman straight onto their ass without a single ounce of assistance? He's done it multiple times. Geez.
[ Edited by BrianGO on Dec 28, 2012 at 4:53 AM ]
Originally posted by Leathaface:
This is why I hate Kyle Williams. He ruined our one perfect chance at a SB. Unless you have an ELITE QB, you won't contend year in and year out. Things don't always go your way every year. Last year, it was OURS for the taking.

This is why I love Colin Kaepernick.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BrianGO:
is it time to break out the cyanide kool aid? i am serious cuz this will stop any deep run in the playoffs for us. the JH montra next man up does not apply here in my opinion. hurts us in so many ways including aldon smith becoming a non factor now in my opinion

Am I the only one who has seen Aldon Smith knock lineman straight onto their ass without a single ounce of assistance? He's done it multiple times. Geez.

No, you aren't.

Not only does he beat tackles one on one, I've seen him split double teams multiple times.

He narrowly missed multiple sacks in the last two games. I still think he was robbed of a sack/fumble on Tom Brady.

There are two things that Justin Smith did that were essential (and f**king bawse).

1) Occupy two blockers in the run game to free up the LBs while still beating said double teams to make tackles and stuffs.

2) Again, occupy two blockers in the pass game while still maintaining pocket pressure in the middle.

It's tough for any edge rusher to get to the QB when he has a ton of space to escape into by stepping up in a clean pocket.
remove his arm, put this in it's place.

We should not rush him back, he is done done for the season. At his age he only has a few more seasons left in his tank, if we rush him back for a play off appearance, we risk not having him next year, and with this kind of injury he can not be any more effective than his replacement. It is up to the coaching staff to come up with a better D-line and scheme than we saw in Seattle!
No Smith, no Mario..doesn't look good. Even if we don't go far in the play-offs, I will still be happy because of the Pats game!:)
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BrianGO:

aldon is going to have to prove that he can be good without justin. we have seen how the smith boys work together and now its up to aldon. I like aldon but what did he do sunday without justin? i understand i am cherry picking and I understand no one had a good defensive game but i am very interested to see aldon make some plays and create the same type of havoc without justin as he does with justin in there. that was all i was trying to say
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
He will rub some dirt on it and be good as new
or maybe rub a two dollar steak on it
This is why I hate Kyle Williams. He ruined our one perfect chance at a SB. Unless you have an ELITE QB, you won't contend year in and year out. Things don't always go your way every year. Last year, it was OURS for the taking.

I was just thinking this same exact thing yesterday. It is a shame. We had an almost completely healthy roster ready to play in the SB...
Originally posted by socalfan21:

I was just thinking this same exact thing yesterday. It is a shame. We had an almost completely healthy roster ready to play in the SB...

Ugh just field the punts. Little b*****d could have cost JSmith, A. Smith and Gore a super bowl.
Originally posted by Montana:
No Smith, no Mario..doesn't look good. Even if we don't go far in the play-offs, I will still be happy because of the Pats game!:)

if we don't win it, and the Pats do, I will be upset.
Obviously ruled out this thursday already. Hope he is back for the playoffs. An extra week of rest wouldnt hurt