LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 264 users in the forums

Does anyone still believe that we will win the SB this season?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Does anyone still believe that we will win the SB this season?

Originally posted by Baldie:
I agree. He couldn't unleash everything in the playbook. Gotta save some stuff for the playoffs. The LMJ with Gore in the backfield would make some defenses nuts. Won't even doubt there will be a play or two that involves jenkins now that he will be playing. Against AZ you can keep it simple, then get more creative in the playoffs.

The defense however NEEDS to play better than it has been the last couple of games. Justin Smith is clearly the engine of this defense.

Yes. I do honestly think the defense was physically exhausted after the NE game. Long games with a ton of anxiety are exhausting in a different way plus NE ran 92 fricken plays. Also Aldon and the defense was able to get good pressure on Wilson but he did a fantastic job of the slipping away.
Well folks, here are some cold hard facts...

The New York Giants lost five of their final eight regular-season games in 2011. And they won the Super Bowl.

The Packers went 3-3 in their final six regular-season games in 2010. And they won the Super Bowl.

The Saints lost their final three regular-season games in 2009. And they won the Super Bowl.

The Cardinals went 2-4 in their final six regular-season games in 2008. And lost the Super Bowl on a miraculous last-minute drive by the Steelers.

The Giants lost two of their last three regular-season games in 2007. And they won the Super Bowl.

The Colts lost three of their final five regular-season games in 2006. They allowed 219, 275, 133, 191 and 150 yards on the ground in those games. And they won the Super Bowl.

Originally posted by verb1der:

The New York Giants lost five of their final eight regular-season games in 2011. And they won the Super Bowl.

The Packers went 3-3 in their final six regular-season games in 2010. And they won the Super Bowl.

The Saints lost their final three regular-season games in 2009. And they won the Super Bowl.

The Cardinals went 2-4 in their final six regular-season games in 2008. And lost the Super Bowl on a miraculous last-minute drive by the Steelers.

The Giants lost two of their last three regular-season games in 2007. And they won the Super Bowl.

The Colts lost three of their final five regular-season games in 2006. They allowed 219, 275, 133, 191 and 150 yards on the ground in those games. And they won the Super Bowl.

So youre telling me theres a chance?

Originally posted by rondoman:

Is that you Moody boy Rondo of the C's?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Brady: Momentum doesn't carry over in NFL

FOXBORO -- The New York Giants lost five of their final eight regular-season games in 2011. And they won the Super Bowl. The Packers went 3-3 in their final six regular-season games in 2010. And they won the Super Bowl. The Saints lost their final three regular-season games in 2009. And they won the Super Bowl. The Cardinals went 2-4 in their final six regular-season games in 2008. And lost the Super Bowl on a miraculous last-minute drive by the Steelers. The Giants lost two of their last three regular-season games in 2007. And they won the Super Bowl. The Colts lost three of their final five regular-season games in 2006. They allowed 219, 275, 133, 191 and 150 yards on the ground in those games. And they won the Super Bowl.

http://www.csnne.com/baseball-boston-redsox/redsox-talk/brady-momentum-doesnt-carry-over-in-nfl?blockID=817337&feedID=10426
Originally posted by pete98146:
Originally posted by cciowa:
no. to many injuries, to much inconsistency, we have not put four quarters together, we make to many drive killing penalties and drive extending penalties, we can not pass protect for s**t, we can not get plays called on time, we lack the focus and intensity we had last year, i say we will not get a bye, still win the division, maybe win at home but will lose in a big time way in the second round either at green bay or atlanta.

You pretty much nailed it. Our offense at times looks like a baby fawn learning how to walk. We rely WAY TOO MUCH on the defense and it's evident that they are worn down and tired. Agreed the injuries don't help either.

Not sure why but that loss to Seattle took a lot of wind out of my sails. Getting our clocks cleaned so late in the season does nothing for the confidence level.

Agreed...we are way too inconsistent....I don't think Smith would take us there either. I think our D line is worn out from lack of rotation. Without a bye to rest and heal I'd say the chances are slim.

Originally posted by susweel:

FOXBORO -- The New York Giants lost five of their final eight regular-season games in 2011. And they won the Super Bowl. The Packers went 3-3 in their final six regular-season games in 2010. And they won the Super Bowl. The Saints lost their final three regular-season games in 2009. And they won the Super Bowl. The Cardinals went 2-4 in their final six regular-season games in 2008. And lost the Super Bowl on a miraculous last-minute drive by the Steelers. The Giants lost two of their last three regular-season games in 2007. And they won the Super Bowl. The Colts lost three of their final five regular-season games in 2006. They allowed 219, 275, 133, 191 and 150 yards on the ground in those games. And they won the Super Bowl.

http://www.csnne.com/baseball-boston-redsox/redsox-talk/brady-momentum-doesnt-carry-over-in-nfl?blockID=817337&feedID=10426

You know what all those teams had in common?

A QB well versed in their offense and not still learning.
It's really simple. Execute on offense , don't turn the ball over and play assignment, physical football. We do that and we don't lose.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
I don't buy this 3-4 year window thing at all. The Patriots have been contenders for longer than that. The Niners were contenders for a LOT longer than that. The Packers have been contenders now for a few years and will continue to be. I also don't even begin to understand why people think you have to be a high seed. How many of the last five winners were high seeds? One? Two?

Like I said the Packers and Pats are more the exception.

The Rams won one SB with that "greatest show on turf." The Eagles window has now closed and they had a good 4-5 year run at it. The Bears is pretty much closed as well. The Steelers need to retool. The Jets went to 2 straight AFC Championship games, and now their window is closed. The Ravens is almost closed due to that aging defense.

For every Packers and Patriots there are several teams that had a 3-4 year window.
The Colts, Steelers, Giants--add them all in--if you have a great QB your window is open as long as they are around. The window ebbs and flows though--gets big and wide, then narrows, then gets wider again, all depending on the rest of the talent surrounding the QB. Pats have not won a SB in five years but their window is now opening up again due to all those draft picks they had and now have used. The Steelers and Giants window is closing down but could easily pop back up next year or the year after.

The Niners window will depend on Kaep in the future and how we build around him.

Originally posted by sfninerfanMax:
Originally posted by GNielsen:
I don't buy this 3-4 year window thing at all. The Patriots have been contenders for longer than that. The Niners were contenders for a LOT longer than that. The Packers have been contenders now for a few years and will continue to be. I also don't even begin to understand why people think you have to be a high seed. How many of the last five winners were high seeds? One? Two?

Like I said the Packers and Pats are more the exception.

The Rams won one SB with that "greatest show on turf." The Eagles window has now closed and they had a good 4-5 year run at it. The Bears is pretty much closed as well. The Steelers need to retool. The Jets went to 2 straight AFC Championship games, and now their window is closed. The Ravens is almost closed due to that aging defense.

For every Packers and Patriots there are several teams that had a 3-4 year window.
The Colts, Steelers, Giants--add them all in--if you have a great QB your window is open as long as they are around. The window ebbs and flows though--gets big and wide, then narrows, then gets wider again, all depending on the rest of the talent surrounding the QB. Pats have not won a SB in five years but their window is now opening up again due to all those draft picks they had and now have used. The Steelers and Giants window is closing down but could easily pop back up next year or the year after.

The Niners window will depend on Kaep in the future and how we build around him.

Great explanation. That's what I was TRYING to say.
Originally posted by susweel:

You know what all those teams had in common?

A QB well versed in their offense and not still learning.

couldnt of said it better myself.

Wanna know something that's even more sad. that out of 151 votes soo far, 60% feel that we dont have a chance of winning the SB. And i was gonna start a poll, but i wont, but how much u wanna bet about 90% of that 60% is probably about the QB change.
Yes! Go 9ers!!!
The premise is that teams generally have a 3-4 year window with most of their current players, that is all I am saying. It's just the nature of the NFL. Players get old, get hurt, and move on.

The key to staying power is great drafting and key FA pickups to fill the voids without overspending and ending up in cap hell.

OK
This team has a chance!
Share 49ersWebzone