There are 266 users in the forums

Does anyone still believe that we will win the SB this season?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Does anyone still believe that we will win the SB this season?

Just curious to gage everyones optimisim after a few days of simmering down from are brutal beat down. I'd give us about a 20% chance this season but that's about as high as I'm going. The bad thing about this year is we haven't corrected the things that have gotten us beat this season. Last year Harbs n-company were able to adjust and compensate for our short-cummings. This season.....not so much.
No. Unless the defense can play consistent for the next 4-5 games. Then we might have a chance. I have no faith in the offense.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Dec 26, 2012 at 9:28 AM ]
Nah--only if our D bounces back to the level of play they were at last year -- with or without Justin Smith. I doubt this happens.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
No. Unless the defense can play consistent for the next 4-5 games. Then we might have a chance. I have no faith in the offense.

The sad part is, I don't believe the defense can play up to that level again.. Especially with Smith out for God knows how long One day harbs is saying the cowboy is gonna saddle up and ride, next we're hoping he's available for the playoffs??? Wtf?? I believe it's up to the offense to carry the load this year for us to have a chance...
I think our team is above average but there are at least 6 teams that can say the same.
We are way too predictable and if everything doesn't go perfectly we end up on the losing side.
Our coaches are not on the same talent level as our players, and it continues to show.
I feel like this team will tease us for years, and eventually Harbuagh will be shown the door for never sealing the deal. We will be the Bills of the of the 90's great seasons with sexy numbers and not much to show for it.
At this point I think the Seahawks are going all the way doe
  • Jiks
6 weeks ago I had full expectations of Super Bowl. Now I wouldn't be surprised to see us go out in the first round. This team has regressed on offense, our defense is a little sketchy with out J. SMith. And I really question our coaches.

You change the entire offense with a couple weeks left in the season. You go away from the run game because you want explosiveness or something. You expect a "rookie" QB to come in and not make mistakes. We are 2-2 the last 4 with the offense playing "good" in only 1 of those games. Remember it was nearly 2 games without a t.d. And Seattle would have been 3. I don't see how we expect a young inexperienced player to suddenly stop making mistakes, and miraculously learn the game of football.

Sucks that i'm now full of pessimism, but I just don't see how we suddenly start firing on all cylinders 5 games in a row. We cant lose 1 more game or were done. Just don't think we are good enough this year, but you never know. Doesn't mean me can't suddenly get hot and start playing consistent football. Sure hope we can, but as far as my expectations; they have dropped dramatically.
[ Edited by JiksJuicy on Dec 26, 2012 at 9:41 AM ]
  • Disp
  • Veteran
Yes. We have problems, and so does every other team. Having a bad 6 quarters doesn't change my opinion from what I saw this season up through halftime of the Patriots game. Kaepernick is still very new and young, and he's been good against any team without a strong pass rush or secondary. Fortunately the only teams going into the playoffs with strong defense are the Broncos, 49ers, and Seahawks.

We'll be fine in the playoffs.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
no. to many injuries, to much inconsistency, we have not put four quarters together, we make to many drive killing penalties and drive extending penalties, we can not pass protect for s**t, we can not get plays called on time, we lack the focus and intensity we had last year, i say we will not get a bye, still win the division, maybe win at home but will lose in a big time way in the second round either at green bay or atlanta.
Originally posted by cciowa:
no. to many injuries, to much inconsistency, we have not put four quarters together, we make to many drive killing penalties and drive extending penalties, we can not pass protect for s**t, we can not get plays called on time, we lack the focus and intensity we had last year, i say we will not get a bye, still win the division, maybe win at home but will lose in a big time way in the second round either at green bay or atlanta.

This is my point exactly... These are things that should have been corrected by week 4, yet we're still comitting these stupid penalties..

• Jiks
Losing the 2nd seed- Learning experience

Losing to the Rams- Learning experience

Playing like s**t against the Dolphins- Learning experience

fumbling the ball 4 times in one game- Learning experience

Running backwards into the endzone for a safety- Learning experience

Throwing into tripple and double coverage- Learning experience

Not throwing to a wide open Crabtree on a bubble screen- Learning experience

Calling an audible with 3 seconds on the clock- Learning experience

Having to simplify the offense at half time- Learning experience

Besides NE, throwing 1 td pass in garbage time in the last 4 games- Elite

Staring down receivers- Learning experience

Throwing across his body twice- Learning experience

Overthrowing receivers- Alex Smith experience
We believe !!!
Playoffs, yes, but I never thought we'd go the the Super Bowl this season.

This is only the second season under Harbaugh and co., and there are still things to improve.

Its a better team this year, but the record isn't as good. That was predicted by many before the season started, and its been proven correct.

Compare this team with those under Nolan and Singletary, and you can see the areas of improvement, the turnover in personnel, and the gradual narrowing of areas of concern.

OL is much better--no more Chilo Rachel or Adam Snyder.

WR corps is much better--even with all the significant injuries at the end of the season.

We now have a pass rush.

Offensive game planning and play calling is now more obviously an area of concern, irrespective of who's at QB.

Overall its a young team that should mature into a SB champion, but that may take another year or so.

Then I expect a run of SB appearances!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jays9ers:
Originally posted by cciowa:

This is my point exactly... These are things that should have been corrected by week 4, yet we're still comitting these stupid penalties..
i am amused by posters who act like the poor pass protection and penalties only began when ck was named the starter
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Losing the 2nd seed- Learning experience

Losing to the Rams- Learning experience

Playing like s**t against the Dolphins- Learning experience

fumbling the ball 4 times in one game- Learning experience

Running backwards into the endzone for a safety- Learning experience

Throwing into tripple and double coverage- Learning experience

Not throwing to a wide open Crabtree on a bubble screen- Learning experience

Calling an audible with 3 seconds on the clock- Learning experience

Having to simplify the offense at half time- Learning experience