There are 117 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Do the 49ers still have a shot for the second seed?

Hell we still have to win the division first.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Yes. But asking the Vikings to win is asking a lot against the Packers who suddenly look good. We had it in our control but failed.

Ponder is horrible. No way the Vikings beat the Pack.

They werent supposed to beat the Texans either...

That was then. Right now, the way they're playing they couldn't beat the Chiefs.

This game happened 2 weeks ago...
Sure they do...but they'll need some help from the Vikes vs GB. I think Minn's defense turned some heads with their 23-6 win over Houston on the road...anything's possible. Let's hope AP goes nuts and they sustain a number of long drives to keep Mr. Rodgers on the sidelines.
Unless we have a total meltdown against AZ, I really do think we will get the #2 seed.

I know the Packers prob want the #2 seed as badly as we do, but the Vikes are desperate to get to the playoffs. They haven't been there since '09. All they have to do is beat GB at HOME no less, and their in. It"ll be tough, but in the end I see the Vikes squeaking out with the W in large part from a huge day from AP. As long as we do our job and beat the sh*tty Cards, we"ll get the #2 seed and a much needed week off.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by socalfan21:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Yes. But asking the Vikings to win is asking a lot against the Packers who suddenly look good. We had it in our control but failed.

Ponder is horrible. No way the Vikings beat the Pack.

They werent supposed to beat the Texans either...

That was then. Right now, the way they're playing they couldn't beat the Chiefs.

This game happened 2 weeks ago...

Yeah, we know, socal.
Interesting, it seems the Smith fans say they lose and the Kaep fans say they win.
[ Edited by sdaddy101269 on Dec 26, 2012 at 2:22 PM ]
Put it this way, I'm not going to underestimate the Vikings or overestimate the Packers. That said, the Packers got some s**t riding on this game too, although not nearly as much as the Vikings.

I for what it's worth. I've been to a few Pack /Vikes games. It seems as though the home team generally wins in the this series.
Originally posted by sdaddy101269:
I for what it's worth. I've been to a few Pack /Vikes games. It seems as though the home team generally wins in the this series.
Exactly. Don't count the Vikings out on this. Niners may still get that second seed.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Originally posted by sdaddy101269:
I for what it's worth. I've been to a few Pack /Vikes games. It seems as though, ough the home team generally wins in the this series.
Exactly. Don't count the Vikings out on this. Niners may still get that second seed.

I feel the same way. Also, don't forget Peterson is still trying for the single season rushing record, at home, and the Packs run defense is not very stout. He put 294 on the Chargers at home!
[ Edited by sdaddy101269 on Dec 26, 2012 at 2:42 PM ]